*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
*UPDATE, last first post removed and replaced with this*

Xacrow has now put online a specail page with more NeoGeo proto game information. The URL is;

http://www.geocities.com/xacrow_2001/toNeoGeoForums/neogeo2.html

I have mirrored the entire page at;

http://www.universebios.com/xacrow/neogeo2.html

And the BIG NEWS is there is also screenshots of a MVS version of 'Brikinger / Ironclad' and proto 'Block Paradise'! There is no mention on the game ID numbers but I will ask about this again. I must say I like the new watermarks better than the old ones as they allow the picture to be seen more clearly.

Raz

b2b1.jpg

Bang Bang Busters

bp1.jpg

Block Paradise (Sunshine)

brkn1.jpg

Brikinger / Ironclad

ccg1.jpg

CHICAGO (Breakers)

lo1.jpg

Last Odyssey

mj1.jpg

Mahou Juku

sv94_1.jpg

Super Volley '94 (Power Spike II)

ss1.jpg

Shinryu Senki

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Looks nice. Just a curiosity, are NeoGeo protos usually playable? Are they usually finished?

Edit: if Super Volleyball 94 is anything like Power Spikes II, then it's best it stay unreleased :)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I think the thing here is the fact that somone does actually have these games. Just look at the quality of the shots (barring the xacrow watermark). I wouldent be surprised if all shots are from emulation.

Raz

barf

Maxima's Barber
Thanks for the mirroring Raz :)

nice to see an image (too sad not ingame) for games that didn t have in the masterlist

It must have cost a lot...

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I will see if I can get xacrow to do some ingame shots.

Raz

Setsuna1982

World Her,
as long as he don't make copies and sell them as protos pictures are welcome. i really hope this is not a marketing strategy similar to the"ghostlop scandal"

since those are emulated games, why he don't take some videos using camtasia studio or something?

I'm interested how Warlocks or Warlods of fate sounds/looks

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Gentlemen,

(...)

No, I'm not Billy Pitt, just joking :kekeke: I'm just wondering how long til he pops out of thin air, I think this shots will freak him

That's quite amazing, I can bet my ass those shots are taken from emulation, xacrow has sure dumped that suckas. I'd love to see more pics and of course have TEH ROMZ, it's just that possibly it won't happen, at least not anytime soon.

Thanks for the news Raz :buttrock:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
/me waits for the ROMS so HPMAN and the French-asswipe crew can burn them on roms and dump glue on them so they can rape the market and prevent others from doing anything constructive with the carts, being as they'll pay out the ass for them.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
/me waits for the ROMS so HPMAN and the French-asswipe crew can burn them on roms and dump glue on them so they can rape the market and prevent others from doing anything constructive with the carts, being as they'll pay out the ass for them.

being that these are protos (never released for Arcade Distro/ Console Market)....get the Romz and pop em in your BAWKS.

Fbaxxx/ MameOX, whataver tickles your twinkie.

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
IIRC, SUPER VOLLEY '94 has appeared on Ebay before in MVS form. Jeff Kurtz and I talked about it at one point, and sort of just wrote it off as being a mislabelled Power Spikes 2. Jump in here Jeff if I am wrong....

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I was under the impression that Super Volley 94 was the same thing as Power Spikes II. It was an early name or something. I came across a flyer of Super Volley 94 for Neo not too long ago and it was the exact same art as PSII.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Mouse_Master said:
IIRC, SUPER VOLLEY '94 has appeared on Ebay before in MVS form. Jeff Kurtz and I talked about it at one point, and sort of just wrote it off as being a mislabelled Power Spikes 2. Jump in here Jeff if I am wrong....

do you remember how much it went for or was going for? its funny how some things just pass by under our noses unnoticed sometimes.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
I have Power Spikes II on cd, most people im sure hate it, but I pretty like it, I liked it previously on Megadrive & PCE, but on NG you get the superior experience.

Why do I get crucified for liking dodgy games :tickled: .....but really, I dont think its that bad.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
xtoo_short20x said:
*waits for Billy Pitt's speech*

"Gentleman" :kekeke: :tickled:

You might not get one, I already added this thread to the DHP

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
For those of you waiting on the romz, its gonna be awhile. I heard that dude Xacrow is like the master-jedi of hoarding. :kekeke: