Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast

Thread: *UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

Timid Neo Newbie

Hi,

I've had a go at getting the testrom music you dropbox'd into the original v1 rom and playing in game.
    Apologies for the appalling quality of footage, but initial results here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En3l...ature=youtu.be
    Lots I still want to try/discover, but hopefully of interest. I'll update as/when/if I get chance to progress things.
    Cheers

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.

Nice to see people are finding the Crossed Swords II and Zintrick original music tracks! Here to hoping that you find them all! Cheers.

Angel's Love Slave

Noticed this post from Dec 20 on neogeo-system mentioning the progress that's been made with adding music to Zintrick:

Regarding the ADPCMA - I don't believe we can go any lower with the sample rate without degrading the music (if I listen closely, we already miss some of the top end spectrum from the music in comparison to the original CD-DA - with percussion effects a little subdued. It's not something that would be a deal breaker - and it's completely understandable given that the CD's now squeezed into 6.5MB..which I still can't quite believe someone actually made happen!
    However, to downsample further to get into 1MB (we still have the original SFX ADPCMA to accommodate, remember) would likely be a step too far.

I think what we need to explore is organising the ADPCMA across several 2MB Roms (as I think you mentioned in one of your earlier posts) and using bank-switching.
    Zintrick's not set up for that, though, so I need some help in getting a development environment together that supports multi-banked VRoms, and that allows me to slot in the Zintrick roms + modified m1.rom over the top. I'm new to Neo dev, so I've not yet got the knowledge for that and need to Google further.
    If anyone can help me learn, or wants to MP to bounce ideas, I'd be very happy to listen Smile
    Cheers
    Groovy

My full apologies again for using native English. I don't think some of the above would survive auto-translation intact!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/05dTicqDkQU
    Last edited by aoiddr; 01-21-2016 at 02:05 AM.

Timid Neo Newbie

That Bang Busters looks epic on multiple levels LOL

Banned

Why these games don't have sound ?

Kula's Candy

Metal Slug prototype screens, first one is from gamest, second one from neo geo freak

http://imgur.com/a/Q4W3Y

sorry if they're old

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny d View Post
    Metal Slug prototype screens, first one is from gamest, second one from neo geo freak

http://imgur.com/a/Q4W3Y

sorry if they're old
    Nice to look at, I don't remember seeing the things in the final game. Cool!

!!

Rugal's Thug

I came across these two (already known) Garou MOTW 2 Special screens but as "full version" with TV in the photo.
    Seems that a working prototype really exists ...

lom21ab.jpg

lom11wb.jpg

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by jojo23 View Post
    I came across these two (already known) Garou MOTW 2 Special screens but as "full version" with TV in the photo.

lom21ab.jpg

lom11wb.jpg
    Those photos always intrigued me as if you look at the art of the background, it matches the style of the original MOTW so I always thought it was a real proto. I am still hoping....

Mr. Tater

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    Those photos always intrigued me as if you look at the art of the background, it matches the style of the original MOTW so I always thought it was a real proto. I am still hoping....
    It matches but, the original Garou had a lot going on in its backgrounds. There's really not much to look at except a drab hillside and, maybe, a bird flying by?

We're definitely looking a very early build here. I'm curious who's TV it's being played on. Treuminator, perhaps?

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder View Post
    Moments like this make me feel much better as it means I'm not the only person on this site actually playing my games...

I'm not placing them on a shelf for 4 months while I jack off to pedophilic dog hummels.

Nice find.
    A picture is worth a thousand words. It's amazing how much information they can yield.

It's a pretty nice television for 1999. If the photos were taken in the United States, the location looks like a southern warm climate state. Maybe Louisiana or Texas. The furniture that the television sits on is very casual style, often found in a more leisure setting. The soft curtains seen in the window which shows ambient light outside is also consistent with this. The small statue in the background depicts a Jazz motif; hence New Orleans perhaps.

Granted, this could be the home of some mellow yellow surfer dude from California too. Or even some Caribbean country. It's casual either way. Nothing formal about the furniture, the decor, or the window trimming.

Also, remember that we have also long since theorized that this game may not have been a sequel, but rather an early beta of the original game.
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

Creator of the Master List
    Hold up, both of those photos have been around for a while. I thought they were taken from a Japanese magazine or some kind of print scan, this is the first time I've seen them "on a TV." Are we sure someone didn't paste them onto a TV for those photos?

Calvin & Hobbes

OK... OK... here's what I stand on "MOST" of the proto scene...

You guys need to find a life.... you uber 3litist fucks... are why i hate the proto scene so much...

...It's like "LOOK at me... I have stuff... YOU CAN NEVER HAVE...."... instead of ... let's just help out the gaming scene...

Well... fuck you guys...

xROTx

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    Nice find.
    A picture is worth a thousand words. It's amazing how much information they can yield.

It's a pretty nice television for 1999. If the photos were taken in the United States, the location looks like a southern warm climate state. Maybe Louisiana or Texas. The furniture that the television sits on is very casual style, often found in a more leisure setting. The soft curtains seen in the window which shows ambient light outside is also consistent with this. The small statue in the background depicts a Jazz motif; hence New Orleans perhaps.

Granted, this could be the home of some mellow yellow surfer dude from California too. Or even some Caribbean country. It's casual either way. Nothing formal about the furniture, the decor, or the window trimming.

Also, remember that we have also long since theorized that this game may not have been a sequel, but rather an early beta of the original game.
    That is an amazing level of unnecessary overanalyzation there. How in the hell can you tell that its a Southern warm climate state based off of a TV stand and wooden furniture?

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

I'm not sure I buy into these 2 pictures, especially if they are identical to the pictures that appeared in a mag minus the TV.

My gut is telling me these pictures are actually from a WIP CD version of the game that was never released. This is probably because they could not fit the graphics into the CD system RAM, even loading one level at a time.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Chang's Grocer

lom21ab.jpg

lom11wb.jpg
    Typical Neo Geo collector. Massive tube TV playing a homecart system, with furniture and decor provided by their 80 year old Grandmother. I'll never understand it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fygee View Post
    That is an amazing level of unnecessary overanalyzation there. How in the hell can you tell that its a Southern warm climate state based off of a TV stand and wooden furniture?
    I know right. I see a slight condensation on the camera lens to indicate a high humidity as well as...

Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    Typical Neo Geo collector. Massive tube TV playing a homecart system, with furniture and decor provided by their 80 year old Grandmother. I'll never understand it.
    Im more appalled at the use of AV inputs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

My opinion about these two pictures is either they have been photoshopped into the picture to appear on the TV or the pictures are being displayed on the TV via a digital camera. These two pictures are not from a NeoGeo outputting the image to that TV. The geometry is all wrong. In short I feel these pictures have been faked given what these is to go on. For what purpose, who knows.

As for the original pictures on their own, I still feel its from a CD version of the game which was planned rather than a followup release for the MVS/AES. I'm thinking maybe it would have been something on the lines of the kof 96 collection for the CD system but for Garou / Real Bout instead.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Iori's Therapist
    You have to break an egg, if you are to know what is inside.

I'm no expert, but those are pretty blurry MOTW pictures, but the screen is pretty crisp. Look how blurry the sony wording is on the tv, but how crisp the tv picture is, that sure as hell doesn't look like composite. Normally it's the opposite way around when taking a picture of a tv, everything but the tv come in crisp.

Also, mr Karate looks like Ken. He has the spaghetti hair.

Maybe it is real, but it's not something I am going to believe until something surfaces.

Crazed MVS Addict

Where/how did you came across those 2 pics ?
    A Pic without a story is a blowjob without the full workout, my friend

Rugal's Thug

The photos are from a brazilian video game blog:
    http://www.santuariodomestreryu.com....s-rumores.html

But it seems that they originally came in 2009 from a japanese(?) photo bucket (today a deleted account):
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...de/lom11wb.jpg

More research could be done in Japan but it would be a big advance if you could read, understand and write
    japanese without a translation software. Unfortunately, I can barely "read" japanese game titles
    I guess the cart or CD has never left Japan and I think there is still hope that the game proto was not destroyed
    during SNKs bankrupt if screen shots of it surface in the year 2009 ...
    http://www.google.com/search?q=lom11wb.jpg
    Last edited by NeoHomeBrew; 03-29-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Nice find.

Trying too hard, the little gray cells not working Hercule?

Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    I'm no expert, but those are pretty blurry MOTW pictures, but the screen is pretty crisp. Look how blurry the sony wording is on the tv, but how crisp the tv picture is, that sure as hell doesn't look like composite. Normally it's the opposite way around when taking a picture of a tv, everything but the tv come in crisp.

Also, mr Karate looks like Ken. He has the spaghetti hair.

Maybe it is real, but it's not something I am going to believe until something surfaces.
    Yup the second picture is all blurry except the screen, I say BS.

Super Spy Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Fygee View Post
    Kind of reminds me of the movie 'The Good Shepard' - the scenes where the CIA analysts were analysing the reel to reel videotape for clues as to where it was shot
    Regards, MtothaJ

Thread Information