Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: *UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

SSVS Special Plz...
    Buying & Selling that
    Never get's old.

I remember reading Falcoon said MOTW 2 was 70 percent complete before.

Kula's Candy

http://www.4gamer.net/games/189/G018944/20130424001/

Apparently Windjammers 2 was in the work, it is unknown if ti was developed on mvs or other hardware

ネオジオ

Nice, thanks!
    凄いゲームを連れて。。。売った。

In search of monsters to destroy

What's with the screenshot for the "Magical Drop V Trailer 2012"? Looks like a graphically updated Ghostlop. Video is no longer available.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

In search of monsters to destroy

Damn, just found a video still on Youtube. Did I totally miss how Ghostlop was essentially released?

https://youtu.be/luWd0zspsqc?t=54s

I must not be paying attention.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

Mayor of Southtown

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by lithy View Post
    Damn, just found a video still on Youtube. Did I totally miss how Ghostlop was essentially released?

https://youtu.be/luWd0zspsqc?t=54s

I must not be paying attention.
    Essentially. The two characters were playable in Magical Drop V, and there was basically a Ghostlop mode.

Too bad the game was only mediocre. I wanted to like it up until I saw one of their developer's talking about Magical Drop and showed them playing it. It was pretty clear right there, by how they were playing the game, that it wasn't going to be anything like MD3.

There's an old post somewhere of me saying the same in 2012. It was cringe worthy watching them move things around on screen to build a chain of three. It's like... If you don't even know how to properly play MD, I have no idea how you're going to code it...

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
    You have to break an egg, if you are to know what is inside.

Wasnt magical drop v released on steam? I use to play it on there with the developer.

I cant watch that video cause im at work. But that might be what became the steam version.

Kula's Candy

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny d View Post
    Metal Slug prototype screens, first one is from gamest, second one from neo geo freak

http://imgur.com/a/Q4W3Y

sorry if they're old
    I'm quoting myself, I couples of day ago I was reading this http://www.retrogamer.net/retro_game...of-metal-slug/ and then I read this line:

The most difficult point was significantly changing the configuration of the player. Originally, the combat vehicle was the only character you controlled. However, when we did location tests, we did not get a good response from customers playing. So, we changed the game so that the soldiers were the central characters you controlled
    Apparently the screens I posted are from the first version where you control only the Metal Slug since Marco and Tarma are nowhere to be seen

Then yesterday this video pop up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0PgNJMP3G4
    I've yet to watch it fully but they kinda confirm the whole thing and they add a lot more details about it!

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner

I'm quoting myself, I couples of day ago I was reading this http://www.retrogamer.net/retro_game...of-metal-slug/ and then I read this line:

Apparently the screens I posted are from the first version where you control only the Metal Slug since Marco and Tarma are nowhere to be seen

Then yesterday this video pop up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0PgNJMP3G4
    I've yet to watch it fully but they kinda confirm the whole thing and they add a lot more details about it!
    Cool stuff, never knew that! It's a good thing that they changed it and added the soldiers, the game would have been a lot less fun otherwise.

Ninja Combat Warrior

That's interesting. It could have been more like In the Hunt, but on land with a tank.

Kula's Candy

Magic Master article from 97 AOU Show Gamest special, not sure if already known/posted

http://imgur.com/a/kwige

Bonus info: the front page featured Ghostlop, 2 unreleased games one next to other

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner

I certainly haven't seen any info about it before.

Nice find!

Magic Master article from 97 AOU Show Gamest special, not sure if already known/posted

http://imgur.com/a/kwige

Bonus info: the front page featured Ghostlop, 2 unreleased games one next to other
    Holy cow!
    This is awesome to have been found.
    A thousand thanks for posting.
    Somebody translate this bad boy!
    It's update time!
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

Ukyo's Doctor

its a little bit less easy to use google translate on a picture (first convert picture to text, then google translate)

but I decided to give it a shot. Its mostly gobbledygeek but here it is anyways:

Liu River, vinegar
    Video game exhibition work
    Mahojuku / puzzle
    Game makers students
    In the 97 years AOU show, it is or will exhibit a new sense pa cheat "Mahojuku". This game is not a so-called "falling block" system, a complex operation that do not require a puzzle game, is also easy to simply enjoy the chain beginners. Please do playing at the show by all means.
    Aim a magic master
    To a certain place, Bee challenges schools to super berry Ultra, there was a "magic school". The school, also be difficult to graduation for admission, Oh yeah you are than a school other elite-oriented.
    Here now, we are trying to challenge the entrance examination of the magic school in order to obtain the title of four young witch "Magic Master" (large Wizard of proof). In cooperation with the Blaine der Ru-kun, do you Ru be able to defeat the Jukucho?
    Begins with a feeling What, this "magic school". It action puzzle game that will align the color replace the block.
    It attacks with magic decided to re multistage chain!
    Recommended for people who rang the arm in the "replace" system of the puzzle. It hard!
    Responsible: P Suzuki finger cramp
    musement Machine perators nion
    Attack to align the color of the block Daa
    Screen is divided into two parts, it is divided into a field of their own field and the other party. The 4-color blocks in the field, can be erased if Soroere vertically into three or horizontal row.
    Yourself have a first one of the block. By pressing a button to move the cursor, it is replaced by a block in the field. Swop, the migration and organize repeatedly, move. And go off in a continuous it is also possible to launch an attack on the other side. A certain number
    Wins if defeat the opponent the attack on heavy a. ! ზე 1 - 1 ზაზა, 1% 15 წ ბ..
    Country. *,
    **** 11 [10ܣܛܘܢ
    And the hand of Plock, a field block of swop,
    Extinguish align the color. Chain start if not vanishing further within a certain period of time.
    Can | also polish the arm of the chain in this prep mode.
    त्वर्यः / @. Nəri پانویه? [5 न्म
    Title's screen. Liven up unique character Tachigage over-time.
    Also use physical strength if you use also intellect
    Still-ish and not as talk the game do not know the chain, but is properly prepared even beginner mode. Shoulder if fern First in the "good MEI KWANG" mode. Once the rules have been found, you psyched to full-fledged "magic school" mode. Since the setting is the difficulty Me, will not get easily cleared is allowed to do so.
    Character is to have animation is worth a look to take at the time of the chain, enjoy while taste the deep pleasure of the chain. Because each key voice of Yarakuta also been using the well-known voice actor Rurashii (my study shortage), ear Let's spoofing. While waiting for the capture of Mesto, First shalt to play.
    Last edited by Mendel; 09-28-2016 at 01:58 PM.

FUCKSTICK MODERATOR.
    Misanthrope

Chasing the Pfhor around L'howon with SPNKR in hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Gray View Post
    I remember reading Falcoon said MOTW 2 was 70 percent complete before.
    Meh.... 70 means "not playable", typically.

Cham Cham's Banana

Last edited by Mutation; 05-07-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Lasso Champion

I was actually looking for the Shinryu Senki gameplay video the other day and realized it's been taken off YouTube.

Hopefully someone saved it.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

This video?

Igniz's Servant

Quote Originally Posted by Mutation View Post
    More of Shinryu Senki pics in NeoGeo Freak #2 & #3 (scanned by japanese_magazines_scans_project aka jhonny d http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...mest-magazines @archive.org) : ]

Thanks for the links , love the old art style on these.

Thread Information