*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

Setsuna1982

World Her,
i'm too tired to post an "attention whore" image. I'll search for one later and post it. Xacrow don't deserve the time to use google

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Call me crazy, it's a compliment!

VanillaThunder said:
Billy, you need help.

Seriously.

:make_fac: :loco: :kekeke:

I don't deny that. I totally agree with you there.
I have never hidden my passion for this subject, and I never will.

Billy Pitt

syringe

Banned
The grip of an undiagnosed or otherwise severe unmanaged case of OCD on your life must be fun...

SuperGun said:
:make_fac: :loco: :kekeke:

I don't deny that. I totally agree with you there.
I have never hidden my passion for this subject, and I never will.

Billy Pitt

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Scanline said:
The grip of an undiagnosed or otherwise severe unmanaged case of OCD on your life must be fun...

At least it could be over something of consequence.

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
Setsuna1982 said:
i'm too tired to post an "attention whore" image. I'll search for one later and post it. Xacrow don't deserve the time to use google

Here ya go...

fatty_dance.gif

syringe

Banned
Err. then it wouldnt be OCD.

That's the entire thing, misplaced obsessive behavior.

It's not like obsessing about the SAT's in HS Senior Year.

VanillaThunder said:
At least it could be over something of consequence.

Tacitus

Staff member
Scanline said:
Err. then it wouldnt be OCD.

That's the entire thing, misplaced obsessive behavior.

It's not like obsessing about the SAT's in HS Senior Year.

That's not what I meant. I wasn't referring to OCD.

What I meant is if you were going to be obessed with something, make it something consequential.

Do me a favor, go purchase a DSM-IV and shove it up your ass you pretentious wannabe intellectual.

(since you probably don't know what a DSM-IV is, www.amazon.com ... I'm probably far more educated than you in abnormal psych.)

OlderGames

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
Sumez said:
You have yet to explain why you want to grace us with one prototype, and not the other.
I'm not trying to criticise you, I'm sorry if you see it as an attack.

Because there is a clear difference between something
like an uncovered Mario game and just another Neo Proto.
I doubt the companys would bother to care about an unreleased
neo ROM release whereas Nintendo would legally shoot anyone
dumping anything related to Mario in the ass.

The clear disctinction is like night and day between the two.
Yes the above examples are both prototypes but with a
very clear difference of value. Just about the only thing
said games have in common is they are prototypes.

And as for your apology - I'm not offended so it isn't
really necessary but... ok no problem... :mr_t:

syringe

Banned
Pretentious how?

Because I know the inside and out of OCD as I actually *gasp* have the disorder?

Actually having it, I *know* that OCD is inherently pointless and when someone has it their obsessions tend to be over trivial shit, door knobs, light switches, the stairs, locks and keys,. Then there's ritualistic shit like hand washing, and the superstitious dogma that some create around their OCD, and finally collecting, as if I had to guess Billy over there thinks about this shit 24 hours a day and lets it run his life.

I don't need an encyclopedia of mental disorders or several college courses on Abnormal Psychology in order to recognize some of the more OBVIOUS signs of OCD when I see them.(although I might take several courses later).

VanillaThunder said:
That's not what I meant. I wasn't referring to OCD.

What I meant is if you were going to be obessed with something, make it something consequential.

Do me a favor, go purchase a DSM-IV and shove it up your ass you pretentious wannabe intellectual.

(since you probably don't know what a DSM-IV is, www.amazon.com ... I'm probably far more educated than you in abnormal psych.)

Last edited:

Tacitus

Staff member
OlderGames said:
Because there is a clear difference between something
like an uncovered Mario game and just another Neo Proto.
I doubt the companys would bother to care about an unreleased
neo ROM release whereas Nintendo would legally shoot anyone
dumping anything related to Mario in the ass.

The clear disctinction is like night and day between the two.
Yes the above examples are both prototypes but with a
very clear difference of value. Just about the only thing
said games have in common is they are prototypes.

And as for your apology - I'm not offended so it isn't
really necessary but... ok no problem... :mr_t:

Obviously someone is not acquainted with Anonymous FTP's, Public Proxies, Newsgroups and the ability to release thing incredibly quietly.

OlderGames

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
Obviously someone is not acquainted with Anonymous FTP's, Public Proxies, Newsgroups and the ability to release thing incredibly quietly.

I'm well aware of them. The best way to keep yourself clean
is not to play in the mud. Nothing is impossible to trace and
companies like Nintendo can afford the effort.

Take it up with them though, not me as I've said my
share for the week. :D

Tacitus

Staff member
OlderGames said:
I'm well aware of them. The best way to keep yourself clean
is not to play in the mud. Nothing is impossible to trace and

Eh.. I disagree. Look at everything else that's been released.

For example, Star Fox 2 for SNES... and that was well known. No backlash for that....

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
OlderGames said:
Nothing is impossible to trace and

Im sure the person who just posted about every GBA rom on a.b.e.g.a is really worried about getting a call from nintendo.

FrostbayneAucti

Tung's Hair Stylist
Honestly, this guy doesn't really have any obligation to "The Community." We arn't freaking museum curators, we are collectors. If he wants to release teaser shots, and nothing else, thats his right as an owner. If he wants to tease up intreest in an ebay sale, an easy way to stop that is to not post here and not be interested.

Just because you love something, know a lot about it, and feel strongly about it doesn't obligate anyone to show you/give you their stuff.

Yes he's releasing stuff this way to be an attention whore.

GUESS WHAT, that makes you an "Attention John" :)

Sumez

The Ultimate 11
I hope you realise that Mario game for the CD-i is not a Nintendo product. :cool:

Tacitus

Staff member
Sumez said:
I hope you realise that Mario game for the CD-i is not a Nintendo product. :cool:

It's their IP and license.

Same difference... check out what they did to bootleg pokemon and those system/controller people.

barf

Maxima's Barber
wasabi said:
I want the NGH numbers!

just kidding.

I want a pina colada.

23144Y.jpg

this receip not my favourite...

2 cups coconut milk
3 cups pineapple juice
2 cups crushed pineapple
1/2 cup shredded coconut, sweetened
1 cup rum, preferably golden
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon clear vanilla

with fresh pineapple that s great :)

Last edited:

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
T_Smallz said:
It all comes down to putting your money where your mouth is. When GL was available to us, very few were willing to put up the cash. Everyone was so ready until it was time to actually pay. I did receive thanks from quite a few members, but that's not what I want. I would appreciate some cooperation from everyone to get these and future titles released. While I understand Billy's deisre to hold protos for trade it never lets them be released until someone else steps forward and takes the cut and you don't seem to share anything you currently have that exists. We are here for the same reason and we create the drama and money hype ourselves. In the end I'm always ready for a proto hunt especially if its 6 at a time. Raz, let us know what we need to do to share these with the community. I'm ready and I'm sure others are as well. If anyone's serious about this too, please PM me and I'll start a list of proto donors willing to spend $250 each (I'll mark your name in my signature if you PM me and are a serious about a contribution to this cause). Maybe we can do something similar to ghostlop, but on an open playing field. Those that were involved will know what I mean.
I remember all the shit people were talking when we were trying to get the protos from Chris Ray. We actually could do it, but by the time we got the funds together they were gone en masse to someone else. What the true story is or who got it and all that we won't know and really we won't get into that here. If you're really curious use the search function.

But my point is this: we can quite rapidly put together the funds for such a purchase as Tom here suggests. No, $50 contributions won't get the game bought, but what we had envisioned is:

- small core of buyers chip in $250-500 each to secure the proto purchase
- ask for donations from everyone, any amount to help reduce the burden of the original purchase
- after a short time, make the game *available* free

And this did eventually work for another game, although it was released before any funds were recovered. No big deal though as the main point was to get the game released.

So, it is worthwhile to make the effort. Do you run the risk of the proto sucking? Sure. For many reasons as stated here. BUT. You know you'd love to at least try Warlocks and Bang Bros. As also stated, there are no new games on the Neo anymore, so any release is cool with me. I'm surprised so many people complain about this not being news or worthy of attention since many people think this site should remain completely Neo-devoted and centric. But you know what? Things like new proto availability is EXACTLY what will keep this site alive in terms of Neo-ness.

RW, next time we see (or you see) a proto, let me know ;)

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Sumez said:

Yeah, but it looks interesting.

I'm getting a CDR of the proto sent to me. If anyone else has a cd-i and wants to check it out I'll burn you a copy, if I'm able to that is. I have no idea if that guy had to do something special to copy it.

I'm sure the rom is out there, but I had no idea how to get it (I clueless when it comes to the rom shit) so I just got in contact with some dude who owns one of the few SMWW genuine protos and he's sending me a copy.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Stinky-Dinkins said:
Yeah, but it looks interesting.

I'm getting a CDR of the proto sent to me. If anyone else has a cd-i and wants to check it out I'll burn you a copy, if I'm able to that is. I have no idea if that guy had to do something special to copy it.

I'm sure the rom is out there, but I had no idea how to get it (I clueless when it comes to the rom shit) so I just got in contact with some dude who owns one of the few SMWW genuine protos and he's sending me a copy.

Instead of wasting your time with this crap, you need to embrace that saber and wreak havok on your local town. I want my vids.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
Instead of wasting your time with this crap, you need to embrace that saber and wreak havok on your local town. I want my vids.

I'm a free spirit, but even so a Jedi can't train naked. Costume Craze better have my robe en route or let me tell you they will get such a sabering.