*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
None that I know of.
All we need is 3 eproms desoldered and read.
The rest are all mask roms and most likely the same program as final.
It's just a question of whether the buyer plans to do so himself, or if he is sending it off to someone else to have it done.
So cooperation does not seem to be the problem. Patience is what we may have to have here.

More then 2 months later. I can just quote myself. No change as far as I know.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
There's no telling when will be the next time we see another copy.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
He probably thinks it's worth it's weight in gold. Hopefully someone else has one.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I'm sure if we had everyone check their PS II carts, we would find a few of them.

I know I've had one before because I remember the opening sequence, plus I know someone that has it but he's skittish about sending it in the mail so whenever I'm on the west coast again, I have an invite to stop by and dump it.

Jeff

He probably thinks it's worth it's weight in gold. Hopefully someone else has one.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I'm sure if we had everyone check their PS II carts, we would find a few of them.

I know I've had one before because I remember the opening sequence, plus I know someone that has it but he's skittish about sending it in the mail so whenever I'm on the west coast again, I have an invite to stop by and dump it.

Jeff

I'm on the west coast. I won't bite, I promise.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
If someone were to send it to either myself (Europe), mike or brian (both in US) we could read the P ROM without even opening the cart shell. Then we would just have to hope the M,C and V ROMs are the same that's all that would be needed.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
If someone were to send it to either myself (Europe), mike or brian (both in US) we could read the P ROM without even opening the cart shell. Then we would just have to hope the M,C and V ROMs are the same that's all that would be needed.

From the pics the P and M roms are on eproms. Thats not a bad idea though, we could at least get the P roms.

EDIT:
thanks Quan I forgot...
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?109354-*UPDATED*-NeoGeo-proto-screenshots&p=3362189&viewfull=1#post3362189

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Unfortunately, if that super volley 94' weren't all that rare, someone would have already dumped it.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I don't think people know they might have it. It boots up to say Power Spikes II in the US and Super Volley 94 in Japanese.

SV94 has a slightly different title screen background which would be a give away. PS II has a tech like background which looks like a circuit board while SV94's background looks more like stone or dirt (or something like that).

It should be easy to tell which cart is which just by the title screen alone, even in US mode.

The only difference between the two are the attract sequences, which is why nobody is really pushing hard to find the game.

Unfortunately, if that super volley 94' weren't all that rare, someone would have already dumped it.

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well, I for one am curious about that Last Resort that SNK claims has less slowdown. It's probably BS, but it would be fun to compare them. These are more or less beta/test carts, more so than what we think of as protos, but I think they're cool nonetheless. Anyone here buy these from Vinh? Too bad he didn't try and find the differences in these... Though, being sealed, and being a reseller, I can understand why he never opened it.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Why would the prototype have less slowdown than a final release, that's backwards unless the final is pushing extra effects or something.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
if i had the money, i would buy the last resort, looks cool.

If these are early beta / test carts, makes sense some things are different... i guess.

ALSO

" Other protos will be released in the upcoming months in this section, so don't miss out on some rare opportunities. "

Ummm

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Science. Pure science.

Ha!

Don't forget that this is the same place/guy (Vinh) that sold that uncut mini marquee sheet of arcade shock "exclusives" for around $2k if I recall correctly...

Spoiler:
...to Lee Gray. :lolz: