*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Looks pretty nice. A custom MVS kit would be really cool for CS2.

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
wow, awesome work razzola, my sincere congratulations. I hope you can finish this amazing project¡¡¡:drool_2:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I wanted to give you guys an example of some of the bugs that are in the CD version of Crossed Swords 2 that I have been fixing for the conversion.

Take a look at the woman character in these pictures. One is from the official CD release and the other is how it will be in the conversion.

How bugs like that got through is a head scratcher for sure. It's not as if the correct palette was not there because it is, they had simply assigned the sprite the wrong palette number!

Attachments

• cs2-bad.png
    cs2-bad.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 595
  • cs2-good.png
    cs2-good.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 592

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
cool stuff. You should definitely credit yourself somewhere on screen... maybe like SNKDAN did with the SamSho3 hitfix.

Al2k

n00b
Glad to see you're still working on it, this will be an interesting addition to the cart library.

Arcade Magician

Goal! Goal! Goal!
Awesome work!
Technical question:
How difficult is to convert the original CDA into PCM and put it on in the game?
(...like occurs in "Blazing Star" for example)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Converting it to PCM is easy, getting it to play on the Neo Geo is a little harder. Then there is also the space requirement to store it all.

JacKc

Quiz Detective
Good job Raz !

Even if it remains a Neo CD conversion (with bugfixes), it's a great technical achievement.

novabomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Darn this looks good Raz. Just the idea that in the near future this game can be played in mvs form fills me up with happiness.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Awesome work Raz! Next one should be SSRPG... or an AES version of Rot...

irvsmoot

Cheng's Errand Boy
This is cool Raz, thanks for putting in the effort. If more people get a chance to play this fun game, all the better.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Converting it to PCM is easy, getting it to play on the Neo Geo is a little harder. Then there is also the space requirement to store it all.

Make the game 1,560 MEGS like Fast Striker and RAZION, then the entire CD soundtrack can be there in stereo. ;) If NGDev Team can give those 2 games the entire CD soundtracks along with Gunlord, Neo XYX, and Pink Bullets, I am sure you can get CS2 done the same way, and that would make the conversion 100x cooler.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's also going to cost an arm and a leg to make the cart 1560 MEGs.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
It's also going to cost an arm and a leg to make the cart 1560 MEGs.

So? We still buy them all the same, and NG Dev Team makes them, (1,560 Megs carts), for the same price as Neo XYX which is like 200Megs... in the end, for those of us buying it, it will cost the same. Anyway, Neo XYX is ultra low in meg count and still has a full blown stereo cd soundtrack. Raz can do it for us if his heart really is into this project. :)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
The only way I would add the music from CS2 is if it can be added correctly and that is not possible. Believe me however the sound from my conversion adds to gameplay more than the cd version of the game does.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
The only way I would add the music from CS2 is if it can be added correctly and that is not possible.
Just out of curiousity. What do you mean by it's not possible correctly?
I'm good with anything we get, sound from CS1 or not. A physical release would be nice though.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Already answered this.... There are no samples available for CS2 music.

BMN

War Room Troll
This #hit take forever for a bunch of lazy proto games in to mame?
They wanna release this in the next life huh?
Mame now is open-source and no one takes the advantage at least one time to gives those roms we want to play.
Maybe Xacrow is on the cemetery sleeping with those cards.
Let's dig to find it.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
This #hit take forever for a bunch of lazy proto games in to mame?
They wanna release this in the next life huh?
Mame now is open-source and no one takes the advantage at least one time to gives those roms we want to play.
Maybe Xacrow is on the cemetery sleeping with those cards.
Let's dig to find it.

:keke:

BMN

War Room Troll
Soon or later NG: DEV.TEAM will be the first to get all of them dumped in to mame easily. :angry:
At last i want to try Warlocks.
Geez, my bones are getting old for this #hit. :crying:
Let's have a wish... All those crappy Carts will stop working and there is no dump anywere ever!
Those devs have all of them dumped since 1999 and they not even get so close, to close NeoGeo Collection forever.
A few are not avaliable are CD-ROM from NEOGEO CD and those codes are the same.
The Carts are not avaliable maybe are hidden from NEOGEO Department.

Last edited: