*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
snooptalian said:
I never heard of a proto for Super Mario's Wacky Worlds for the CD-i before. Are there copies of the game to be had anywhere to play on a CD-i, or is there just a known proto for the game somewhere? I saw a site showing screenshots, specific disc information and homebrew label scans, but no rom for the game as far as I can tell anywhere.

I'd also like to know more about this game.

FrostbayneAucti

Tung's Hair Stylist
Seriously, though, who really cares all that much? If the games were really fun, they would most likely have been released. I know there are a FEW good protos, but even then, whats the point of having a video game worth several grand?

I just hate the idea that a crappy game is worth 25, a game never released because it was crappy is worth 2500.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
FrostbayneAucti said:
Seriously, though, who really cares all that much? If the games were really fun, they would most likely have been released. I know there are a FEW good protos, but even then, whats the point of having a video game worth several grand?

I just hate the idea that a crappy game is worth 25, a game never released because it was crappy is worth 2500.

Ironic, isn't it?

The owners, though will tell you how great it is. ;)

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
"CHICAGO" is TenRinNoSho -Shikago, aka Breaker's:

pb-cl.jpg

As for the Magic Cram School game I am quite certain it was on a planned release list in 1995/1996 though I think I sold that booklet to Orpheus. Even if development began in 1990 it does not seem to have been totally abandoned for 13 years.

And on the subject of unreleased games, it does also occur that deals in the front office break down between publisher & developer at any stage during development, even after completion, though generally a finished game will find its way to market somehow or other. Anyhow, finished or not something new is always a little fun so why not make a little fuss. And a lot of fuss if they are finished and affordable/free ;)

OlderGames

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
Sumez said:
Yet you're the one willing to cash in to get at new Neo Geo prototype dumped for the public :rolleyes:

:loco:

Who said anything about cashing in? Please stop trying
to assume too much since I havent said anything to such
an extent and it relates very little to the point at hand.

Simply put: If this were to happen we'd be happy to
help in the purchase. This isn't an xbox game, it's
neo geo prototypes of which only a small group
of people care/know about to begin with and
when I'm talking about dumping them then IMHO
it would be fairly stupid to assume there would be
any profit involved - especially when the whole
point of dumping would be making it available
to everyone.

This won't happen of course which was my point. :D

When you are done talking out of your ass feel
free to add something worthwile to this thread kthx.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
OlderGames said:
This won't happen of course which was my point. :D

There was a point a while back where a number of individuals were ready with something like 10k to buy a few protos, so it can be done, not 10 bucks at a time like Dark Andy suggests though.

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Neo Bomber Man said:
And on the subject of unreleased games, it does also occur that deals in the front office break down between publisher & developer at any stage during development, even after completion, though generally a finished game will find its way to market somehow or other. Anyhow, finished or not something new is always a little fun so why not make a little fuss. And a lot of fuss if they are finished and affordable/free ;)

I think that is at least true for Pop 'n Bounce, IIRC, SNK refused to release it because they wanted to use an Arkanoid like controller (rotary) as an option, and SNK did not want to goto the expense of kitting an item for the MVS, so they 'shelved' the game (we have yet to know whether or not you are able to use such a controller, but again, my memory could be wrong), although Video System still got it released. I'm sure there is more to the story, just don't remember it, this all happened like 7 to 8 years ago, right after the 1996 rush of titles.

OlderGames

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
lithy said:
There was a point a while back where a number of individuals were ready with something like 10k to buy a few protos, so it can be done, not 10 bucks at a time like Dark Andy suggests though.

Believe me I think it would be a nice thing to see
but I'm not going to lose any sleep over this. :)

I totally agree on the $10 thing = ain't gonna happen.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
lithy said:

I just threw that out, price doesn't generally have to be that low.

Hell, I'd give $50/Proto if everyone else chipped in as well.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Protos

It all comes down to putting your money where your mouth is. When GL was available to us, very few were willing to put up the cash. Everyone was so ready until it was time to actually pay. I did receive thanks from quite a few members, but that's not what I want. I would appreciate some cooperation from everyone to get these and future titles released. While I understand Billy's deisre to hold protos for trade it never lets them be released until someone else steps forward and takes the cut and you don't seem to share anything you currently have that exists. We are here for the same reason and we create the drama and money hype ourselves. In the end I'm always ready for a proto hunt especially if its 6 at a time. Raz, let us know what we need to do to share these with the community. I'm ready and I'm sure others are as well. If anyone's serious about this too, please PM me and I'll start a list of proto donors willing to spend $250 each (I'll mark your name in my signature if you PM me and are a serious about a contribution to this cause). Maybe we can do something similar to ghostlop, but on an open playing field. Those that were involved will know what I mean.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Neo Bomber Man said:
"CHICAGO" is TenRinNoSho -Shikago, aka Breaker's:

Man, you really are the flyer master or something! :)

Sumez

The Ultimate 11
OlderGames said:
Who said anything about cashing in? Please stop trying
to assume too much since I havent said anything to such
an extent and it relates very little to the point at hand.

(blah blah blah)

When you are done talking out of your ass feel
free to add something worthwile to this thread kthx.
Geesh, relax! There's no reason to start insulting me. Apparently this is a misunderstanding caused by my poor grasp of the English language.
By "cash in" I meant sacrifice money of your own.
I thought my point would be clear, since my post wouldn't make any sense, if I meant the opposite. So let's try again:
OlderGames said:
Stupidity and generousity are 2 different things.... ;)
Yet you're the one willing to throw in money to get at new Neo Geo prototype dumped for the public :rolleyes:

You have yet to explain why you want to grace us with one prototype, and not the other.
I'm not trying to criticise you, I'm sorry if you see it as an attack.

Last edited:

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Shito said:
Man, you really are the flyer master or something! :)

It doesn't stop there... Now if only I could acquire the games themselves. Suppose I never look hard enough to be honest.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Neo Bomber Man said:
It doesn't stop there... Now if only I could acquire the games themselves. Suppose I never look hard enough to be honest.

Congrats on moving that Windjammers. I'll be kicking myself for awhile for not being able to get it.

Phillip

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Hi there

I have got a message back from Xacrow. He tells me he will do some ingame shots to these games so this will make some of you very happy. He also confirms that 'CHICAGO is the development name of Breakers' and 'Super Volleyball '94 is Power Spike II'. Going from this we can say 2 of the games were released under different names, that leaves 4.

Finally Xacrow has asked me not to ask him any more about these games so I will respect that. I know him and hes a man of his word so to start flooding him with questions on these games is probably not a good thing, espicially if you start asking him to release them.

Regards, Raz

super-saiya-jin

I wish I really were French
Razoola said:
Hi there

I have got a message back from Xacrow. He tells me he will do some ingame shots to these games so this will make some of you very happy. He also confirms that 'CHICAGO is the development name of Breakers' and 'Super Volleyball '94 is Power Spike II'. Going from this we can say 2 of the games were released under different names, that leaves 4.

Finally Xacrow has asked me not to ask him any more about these games so I will respect that. I know him and hes a man of his word so to start flooding him with questions on these games is probably not a good thing, espicially if you start asking him to release them.

Regards, Raz
:buttrock: .

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Razoola said:
Hi there

Regards, Raz

so he shows pictures of 6 protos and he don't want people to ask him about gameplay/graphics/sound of those games? Then why you show them using a teaser title screen for each one?

I could understand the "i won't talk about dumps" argument. But this "i won't talk about those games althought i showed you a pair of pics" sounds like the advertisement for his future eBay sell

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
Setsuna1982 said:
so he shows pictures of 6 protos and he don't want people to ask him about gameplay/graphics/sound of those games? Then why you show them using a teaser title screen for each one?

I could understand the "i won't talk about dumps" argument. But this "i won't talk about those games althought i showed you a pair of pics" sounds like the advertisement for his future eBay sell

Yeah, that seems pretty stupid. Post pics of the games but don't ask him anymore questions about them. Please :oh_no:

I could really give a shit about these myself, but for those who want to know more info, I can see how this could really piss them off. People like Billy Pittt who thrive for protos, and just want to know if these are real lost games or not. Just give the stupid game code numbers, then crawl back into your little hole with your precious proto bullshit... :angry: These proto mongering asses really need to step off there high horse and either put up or shut the fuck up. If you don't want people talking about or asking about your stuff, stop posting teaser pics of it on the net. :oh_no:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
in a matter of speaking, no.

Razoola said:
Hi there

Regards, Raz

Raz, with all due respect, that's not good enough.

You yourself built the universal bios. You yourself are a member of the same emulation community that Xacrow is. It takes MINUTES of Xacrows time to punch up the 4 titles via the universal bios and acquire the game code numbers. There is NO techincal reason why he would not be able to do so, and there is no legit reason why he would be unwilling to do so. He loses NOTHING by doing it.

I can wait "patiently" for more screenshots. I can also respect not to bother him about dumping them. But we need those NGH numbers. That information is THE most important of anything at all.

Please kindly redirect this urgent request to Xacrow as he seems to respond/reply to you and get this information asap.

Awaiting your reply.
Billy Pitt

Tacitus

Staff member
Razoola said:
Hi there

Regards, Raz

What a fucking faggot..

"OOoooh... I'll release some pics to tease the masses, but don't fucking ask me about them because I won't tell you.. na na na na na na"

What a douche.. he's just dying for the attention.

WGolly

Known Scammer. Fook Better Explain Himself
if he can do photos than there is no reason that he can't provide the numbers. After that I'm sure he will be left alone about all this stuff.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
SuperGun said:
Raz, with all due respect, that's not good enough.

You yourself built the universal bios. You yourself are a member of the same emulation community that Xacrow is. It takes MINUTES of Xacrows time to punch up the 4 titles via the universal bios and acquire the game code numbers. There is NO techincal reason why he would not be able to do so, and there is no legit reason why he would be unwilling to do so. He loses NOTHING by doing it.

I can wait "patiently" for more screenshots. I can also respect not to bother him about dumping them. But we need those NGH numbers. That information is THE most important of anything at all.

Please kindly redirect this urgent request to Xacrow as he seems to respond/reply to you and get this information asap.

Awaiting your reply.
Billy Pitt

Maybe he will give the ID numbers, it just wasent mentioned in his mail. Lets see what he gives with the new screenshots first and go from there. If there is one thing I know its not to rush him.

Raz

Tacitus

Staff member
SuperGun said:
But we need those NGH numbers. That information is THE most important of anything at all.

Billy, you need help.

Seriously.

Tacitus

Staff member
Razoola said:
If there is one thing I know its not to rush him.

Raz

Xacrow is...

T3H ROM DIVA!

playboycougar

Reese. ,
Setsuna1982 said:

Here's your answer.
VanillaThunder said:
... What a douche.. he's just dying for the attention.
And you may also refer to my post above. Like I said, this guy is just eating this up.