Troubleshooting question for Primal Rage Jamma Board

Golgo

Cham Cham's Banana
This game is not working properly on my mas supernova - no sound and bad color.
Is there something I should be doing? I haven't experinced this kind of problem before without being able to fix it myself.

Any help would be appreciated.

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
Did you buy this just recently or have you had it and it just stopped working? Some games are very sensitive to the +5 setting on the power supply. You could try to adjust that and see what happens. Otherwise it sounds like an issue with the board itself. My supergun doesn't play every pcb i have perfectly, but I've never had sound troubles with mine, only some video problems.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This game is known to be problematic with most superguns and a few monitors.

Golgo

Cham Cham's Banana
I just bought it recently and with the first try it was fucked up. With composite its b/w only - with s video the colors are distorted component shades bleeding nuclear geens, blues and pinks. No sound either. The board itself is in excellent condition and is not a boot. The problem I have is that I only has one supergun, so I don't know if is something specific to my supergun, although all my other boards work fine.

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
This could be a few different things. For the sound problem, make sure the sound cable is using the mono connector(for sound on the JAMMA connector). For video there should be a set of 3 jumpers that control the video impedance...try changing the position of those and see if it helps. If that doesn't work, JROK makes a add-on for his RGB->NTSC converter that does sync regeneration, and that helped my Primal Rage work on my TV input card on my computer, and it also helps on some model TV's.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
for the sound problem, first thing to check is that the 12 volts supply is at the audio output IC.

Golgo

Cham Cham's Banana
Thanks for the suggestions, but this fucker will NOT work, I have exhausted every possible avenue trying to get this over sized piece of junk board to start up.

ToeJam

Marked Wolf
Don't forget it's heavy too.

But why waste your time with a game that uses the Start button as a button to hit with? I HATE THAT!
The manual for the wiring diagram sucks ballsack as ewll. I wish I coudl get a pic with a good design, as to what what each wire fo the additional harness goes to.

If anyone can provide that I'd appreciate it.

Golgo

Cham Cham's Banana
ToeJam said:
Don't forget it's heavy too.

But why waste your time with a game that uses the Start button as a button to hit with? I HATE THAT!
The manual for the wiring diagram sucks ballsack as ewll. I wish I coudl get a pic with a good design, as to what what each wire fo the additional harness goes to.

If anyone can provide that I'd appreciate it.

I feel your pain. This fucking game...I looked and looked for diagrams, found something but as you said the diagram was not exactly helpfull.
I know an almost autistic tech guy who was able to do absolute shit with getting this board to work.
If I had only known what everyone else seemed to know about this board before I bought it.