New Mini Marquee Thread

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
True.. it just seems to me that if enough people were really that interested in them, having some sort of shared/distributed archive would be a good way to cut down on the bandwidth usage. At least one site/person wouldn't get hit so hard...

Ah well, just a thought. =] I'm kinda keen on the whole bittorrent thing anyway.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Thanks to quadmasta this project has recieved a new kick in the butt. He bought some backlit photo paper and printed some minis on them for me as a test run, I'm gonna be sending them out to a few people who requested minis from me for review (FOC)

Here's my review of them

They aren't quite as thick as I would like (they feel as thick as a normal transparency sheet for comparison) though there is one slight step up in thickness for these you have to buy by the roll instead of by the sheet.

The print quality is good I think he had them done at kinkos? not sure though, he said his own laser printer did some weird things to this medium.

I like how they're seeable through the back like real minis, and light easily shines through them (though I don't have my EL panels handy to do an actual in cab test

Last note, they're more matte than glossy like regular minis. Edit: just noted that the backside of these are actually glossy so if printed on the other side I would say it would make a nice improvement already.

Sundance, 300wins, and fatal fury fan #2 I may not be able to get to these in for a few days as I move back to TN but if you can PM me your address you'll have some goodies on the way.

Last edited:

Sundance

Sho's Rival
lithy said:
Sundance, 300wins, and fatal fury fan #2 I may not be able to get to these in for a few days as I move back to TN but if you can PM me your address you'll have some goodies on the way.

Pm sent ...w00t!

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
While this thread might be dead, I'd love some input from members on making a few more. I'm working on a Sengoku 3 mini right now, and I wonder if anyone still uses these to make minis. It would be a shame to see this thread go under.

Varao

n00b
Here are some I did shows original and afterwards.

First one I did was Bust-A-Move my insert was in Spanish
Original Scan:
BAMMM.jpg

After Touch ups:
BAMMM-recolor.jpg

Aero Fighters Original Scan:
sonicwi2.jpg

After Touch ups:
sonicwi2-recolor.jpg

Metal Slug X Original Scan:
mslugx.jpg

Complete overhaul:
mslugx-REDONE.jpg

All the images should be to scale I am not sure how photobucket formats them after I have uploaded them. But the perfect dimension if you have photoshop is a canvas size of 4.44 x 5.44inches.

Also why cant I start a thread at all must I have a certain post count?

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
True.. it just seems to me that if enough people were really that interested in them, having some sort of shared/distributed archive would be a good way to cut down on the bandwidth usage. At least one site/person wouldn't get hit so hard...

Ah well, just a thought. =] I'm kinda keen on the whole bittorrent thing anyway.

As much as I hate to revive this yet again (although it's an awesome thread), I figured I'd share here that this collection has been archived (with Lithy's blessing) over at Arcade Crusade. The high res (PDF/BMP/etc) version of the KOF'02 paper marquee is the only one missing, I think. If anyone still has it, please let me know and I'll add it. Also, if any of my creator/submitter credits are incorrect, let me know and I'll fix it. And I guess if anyone doesn't want theirs posted there, PM me and I'll remove it/them.

Anyway, figured I'd share so everyone knows that they're still out there. They can be found here (more archives can be found here).

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
As much as I hate to revive this yet again (although it's an awesome thread), I figured I'd share here that this collection has been archived (with Lithy's blessing) over at Arcade Crusade. The high res (PDF/BMP/etc) version of the KOF'02 paper marquee is the only one missing, I think. If anyone still has it, please let me know and I'll add it. Also, if any of my creator/submitter credits are incorrect, let me know and I'll fix it. And I guess if anyone doesn't want theirs posted there, PM me and I'll remove it/them.

Anyway, figured I'd share so everyone knows that they're still out there. They can be found here (more archives can be found here).

I've got a scan of the kof02 paper mini, PM coming.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Bumpity bump bump.

I know this thread has been dead for more than 7 years, but I am in need of assistance from my N-G brethren. I have been putting together a complete set of mini marquee scans and am still missing scans for a handful of legit games. Some of these games never came with mini marquees or they have been lost to the ages. Also, there are like two protos and a few boots (such as KOF 10th Anniversary, MS6, etc) lol. I have comprised the list with the following:

- An original scan of a mini marquee
- Restoration of the mini marquee (mostly ones by JR or Lithy)
- Custom mini maruqee (mostly ones by JR or Lithy)

I would create these myself, but I want them to look... decent... Anyone up for it? I'll upload the list later tonight.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
After going through the list again, it looks like there is more than just 18. Turns out there are about 31 missing marquees ranging from original to hacks. Here is the game list:

Bakatonosama Mahjong Manyuuki
Bang Bang Busters
Breakers
Chibi Marukochan Deluxe Quiz
Crossed Swords 2
Fast Striker
Final Romance 2
Gunlord
Jockey Grand Prix
Jyanshin Densetsu - Quest of Jongmaster
Knight's Chance
King of Fighters 10th Anniversary
King of Fighters 2004
King of Gladiator
Kraut Buster
Lansquenet 2004
Last Hope: Pink Bullets
Legend of Success Joe
Mahjong Kyo Retsuden
Metal Slug 6
Minasanno Okagesamadesu! Daisugorokutaikai
Neo XYX
Quiz Daisousa Sen - The Last Count Down
Quiz King of Fighters
Quiz Meitantei Neo & Geo - Quiz Daisousa Sen part 2
Razion
Super Bubble Pop
Syougi No Tatsujin - Master of Syougi
Time's Up
V-Liner
Zintrick

Here is some reference material for a few of the games:
Zhc0kH9.jpg

7gCnNtF.jpg

QN5zw39.jpg

BwxUEwI.jpg

Anyone down to make a few?

Last edited:

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
I've been hoping to add a full scanned collection to Arcade Crusade for many years but the few people who claimed to have full collections never delivered :( I'd be happy to host them all in high res if you're willing. I'd have to double check, but I don't think I already have any of the ones you're looking for, though there might be some customs in Grizz's folder (you may have already checked).

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
I've been hoping to add a full scanned collection to Arcade Crusade for many years but the few people who claimed to have full collections never delivered :( I'd be happy to host them all in high res if you're willing. I'd have to double check, but I don't think I already have any of the ones you're looking for, though there might be some customs in Grizz's folder (you may have already checked).

Thank dude, honestly anything helps. Sucks that others didn't deliver so you weren't able to get the full collection.

I did grab a good amount of JRs from that folder since he restored A LOT of older marquees to look virtually brand new. I also took some of his variants/ customs he created over the originals since they look better than the originals or at least better than scans I could find of an original.

I contacted Ukyo to see if he was able to help out again and create a few more marquees. Not sure if he's going to be up for it now, but he did mention he had a few games that he did create customs for that never got them such as Neo XYX and Fast Striker. So hopefully he uploads them here soon, that would be great.

Hopefully you can complete the collection after this go around, I was going to take the scans and host them on a torrent. If you can host them someplace, that's much better!

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
A torrent would be good too for sure but I could host them individually for those who just want to grab a few here and there.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Was looking at MGC for some mini marquees that would be of use to people in here. Unfortunately I didn't find anything that would help. There was a bulk box I found that had 7 3 Count Bouts and 5 Super Spys lol.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Alright, bought the following carts last night on YAJ:

- Minasanno Okagesamadesu! Daisugorokutaikai
- Syougi No Tatsujin - Master of Syougi
- Thrash Rally

They all come with scans of all the inserts. I'll scan the marquees and upload them.

Since I've got this going, it would be great if someone could translate them or at least create customs for some of these other marquees I've listed...

Last edited:

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hey guys,

If there is anyone that is following this thread, please let me know if you find any MVS carts for sale that come with all the flyers (even if they are scans, I actually prefer scans as they are cheaper). I am going for a full MVS set with all flyers to upload to Mattroid's Arcade Crusade site.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Adding a custom mini marquee by our very own Ukyo to this thread. It is for the NG:DEV.TEAM Euro style platformer, Gunlord:

gl_mm.jpg

This is just a small version of it. He has told me that he will be uploading all of his high resolution files and posting them to this thread soon. Much thanks again Ukyo!

Last edited:

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Adding a custom mini marquee by our very own Ukyo to this thread. It is for the NG:DEV.TEAM Euro style platformer, Gunlord:

gl_mm.jpg

This is just a small version of it. He has told me that he will be uploading all of his high resolution files and posting them to this thread soon. Much thanks again Ukyo!

high-rez mms available in this post: KOF03, SVC, SSVS, Zupapa, LH(PB)

and this one: GL