lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Moved to first post

Last edited:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Are we still pretending that white area is black?

lithy

20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
Are we still pretending that white area is black?

Yes

back again gonna do some more work.

lithy

20 Year Member
Finished, feedback bitches.

lithy

20 Year Member
lithy said:
One last thing galfordo and The Collector if you see this I'd like a little feedback. Do you feel like the minis might be slightly too thick? Mine are a tight fit into the holders. I'm thinking of reordering .007" plastic instead of .01"

Bump, you two see this yet?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
lithy said:
Bump, you two see this yet?

They fit fine, lithy. They are a little tighter than the standard minis, but they're not so tight as to annoying to insert or anything like that. Honestly, I like the thickness of your minis better than the thickness of the authentic SNK minis.

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
galfordo said:
They fit fine, lithy. They are a little tighter than the standard minis, but they're not so tight as to annoying to insert or anything like that. Honestly, I like the thickness of your minis better than the thickness of the authentic SNK minis.

Agreed. They fit fine for me and i prefer the thicker material. They feel sturdier than the factory made minis. My only minor issue was with the image resolution, i felt that they werent quite as sharp as originals. But the layout /colors /translations are excellent. I'm still very pleased with them. Unfortunately for me i have very few friends who are into the Neo world. So nobody knows that SSVS didnt come with a MM and that mine is custom made.

Thanks Lithy!

~bill

BTW, i havent checked your MM images in a while but I'll have to look them over and pick 2 more out .

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
Has anyone made a SSVS mini?

You might wanna check the first post of this thread, Einstein.

And yes, he has, and yes, they rock.

lithy

20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
Has anyone made a SSVS mini?

n00b :emb: ;)

Just so people know I've been having some serious struggles with Kinkos printing my stuff lately as in, haven't been able to get anything done and I've tried just about every employee, heh. I'm looking around town for some other print shops or Kinkos to try.

lithy

20 Year Member
Added my NITD to the first post gallery as I'm happy with it, I think NeoCverA might be working on one too.

I'd like to make that black generic mini sometime this week, if anyone has a high res version of the white generic mini they can get to me that'd be great.

I'd just like a Sengoku 3 and then this project will be essentially done for what I want it to have, though others are always free to contribute and I'll update the gallery accordingly if I have a high res PDF of the file.

Still looking to find a way to print these though :(

lithy

20 Year Member
fatal fury fan #2 what do you think, or anyone else for that matter

genericcopy.jpg

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Well, I know you never really dug this one but it was the first and currently only MM available. Some people may enjoy it.

sengoku3mmF.jpg

Located at my site.

lithy

20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
Well, I know you never really dug this one but it was the first and currently only MM available. Some people may enjoy it.

Located at my site.

Added, thanks I'd forgotten about that one.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
lithy said:
fatal fury fan #2 what do you think, or anyone else for that matter

genericcopy.jpg

Sweet...add 2 of those to my list of mini's that you were printing for me, Lithy. w00t!

Last edited:

lithy

20 Year Member
Sundance said:
Sweet...add 2 of those to my list of mini's that you were printing for me. w00t!

I'm trying to find a place that'll print them :( Sorry man they'll be on me whenever I get them done.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I notice there is no mention of Jockey Grandprix. I will see what I can whip up on this one.

larsoncc

n00b
I have 2 or 3 marquees that I can scan, but they won't look that great, as they've faded with age.

Perhaps we can color correct them.

I need a few that I don't see here, either.

Do you folks know of another "high res" scan site of the mini marquees?

EDIT: I have the following:

1. A shattered :crying: King of the Monsters marquee. I'll scan and try to digitally piece this together. Then, of course, recolor. Hope I still have all the pieces. EDIT - found low res scan.

2. Samurai Showdown 3 marquee. Color is terrible, BUT it's in one piece, so I can recolor. EDIT - found a high res scan.

3. Print of a scan: Bust A Move. I can use this as a reference scan to re-create. EDIT - found a high res scan.

4. Print of a scan: Aero Fighters 2. This one is so light, that it'll be hard to work with, but I'll try to re-create something worth while. EDIT - found a low rez scan.

Edit: I need scans of:

KoF 99 - EDIT - Found low res scan
Last Blade 2
Blazing Star - EDIT - found high res scan
Magical Drop II

Last edited:

larsoncc

n00b
puzzecompare.jpg

Download Full (1MB)

This is a comparison shot of Puzzle Bobble. I've just taken a scan I found, and enhanced it as well as I could (quickly). I could do more with this, including pumping up the resolution, and maybe even clean up individual artifacts (and save as a non-compressed format).

Let me know if this is the type of stuff that belongs here, and I'll get to work either doing more of this... I also have a knack for taking really small scans and scaling them up, but it takes a long time.

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
There's some very nice work going on in this thread. I've been trying to find MM's for a whole bunch of my games as I've recently acquired a cabinet and a bunch of loose carts but no MM's. =( I find it surprising that there are archives all over for other art, inserts, and instructions scans, but it seems there are very few MM archvie sites. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places...

But, great work! I'll definitely have to see about ordering some...

lithy

20 Year Member
Feel free to continue this type of stuff since my project kind of died when Kinko's became a bitch :(

There are a few places that have decent quality scans of mini marquees.

http://ungr.emuunlim.com/ngartmarquees.php?action=thumbs&from=1
http://www.crazykong.com/scans/

I know a couple people that have nice scans of the majority of mini marquees but it becomes nearly impossible to host them due to the bandwith it uses up, you'd be surprised how many people are constantly looking for mini marquee scans.

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
Here's a thought.. how about starting a neo-geo.com bittorrent archive of art/scans/MMs/whatevers?

lithy

20 Year Member
Sememmon said:
Here's a thought.. how about starting a neo-geo.com bittorrent archive of art/scans/MMs/whatevers?

Problem is it would really have to be complete before we started circulating it, and that's just a hell of a lot of art. If you need a certain scan ask, most likely someone can get you it or point you in the right direction. Unfortunately until someone wants to front massive bandwith that's the easiest way to work things.