Samurai Shodown 5
SNK vs. Capcom Chaos

Games with an official paper mini marquee

King of Fighters 2002
Pochi and Nyaa
Rage of the Dragons

Dumped protos without a mini marquee

Ghostlop

If you feel like creating a mini marquee for these titles, I have high res scans of most of the MVS flyers which are very useful, then you can submit it to the community.

Gallery

Click each thumb for a larger picture

Ok this post will be the gallery that I put the printable options for mini marquees in. Please click each thumb to see a larger size file.

Ghostlop Mini Marquees

my Ghostlop mini

HPMAN's Ghostlop mini

neo-ced's Ghostlop mini

King of Fighters 2001 Mini Marquees

My KOF01 mini

firebomber's KOF01 minis (3 choices)

King of Fighters 2002 Mini Marquee

Scan of the official paper mini thanks to Decepticon.

King of Fighters 2003 Mini Marquees

ArcadeShock's KOF03 mini

firebomber's KOF03 minis (2 choices)

Matrimelee Mini Marquees

firebomber's Matrimelee minis (2 choices)

Metal Slug 4 Mini Marquees

ArcadeShock's MS4 mini

firebomber's MS4 mini

Metal Slug 5 Mini Marquees

ArcadeShock's MS5 mini

my MS5 mini

Nightmare in the Dark Mini Marquee

my NitD mini

Pochi and Nyaa Mini Marquee

Scan of the official paper mini thanks to RevQuixo

Rage of the Dragons Mini Marquee

Scan of the official paper mini thanks to me

Samurai Shodown V Mini Marquee

ArcadeShock's SSV mini

Gallery for Mini's Below Are in Post #3
Samurai Shodown V Special Mini Marquees

NeoCverA's SSVS minis (3 choices)

SNK vs. Capcom Chaos Mini Marquees

ArcadeShock's SvC mini

firebomber's SvC mini

Zupapa Mini Marquees

my Zupapa mini

Sundance's Zupapa mini

Tutorial

Ok this shouldn't take too long to explain.

Starting with the printing, I bought these clear label sheets and took them to Kinko's with PDFs of whichever mini's I want to get printed. I fit two minis to an 8.5x11 page by laying them horizontally.

Once printed I have this material, specifically

55506-1100 Clear Sheet .010" 25" × 40" $7.59

It's a big ass sheet of thick transparency that they ship flat.

I apply the printed clear label as carefully as possible to the Dura-Lar, its usually easier to cut the mini out roughly so you don't have a full page to work with.

Lastly I have white label sheets that I apply to the back ofthe Dura-Lar same as putting on the clear labels to avoid any air bubbles.

Now just cut them down to size with a paper cutter and they're done.

Sales
If you would like I will gladly make any of the mini marquees shown above for 5 dollars per mini shipping included (priority if over 4 ordered) 5 is about exact cost and I am in no way taking credit for much of the work in this thread nor trying to make a profit off of other's work, if I have listed a mini of yours and you would not like me to offer it for priting, please let me know.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
VERY nice, lithy.

Will you be making an SSVS mini? I'd love to have one of those ...

Will you be making any minis to sell? If so, I'd be interested.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Gallery continued

Samurai Shodown V Special Mini Marquees

NeoCverA's SSVS minis (3 choices)

SNK vs. Capcom Chaos Mini Marquees

ArcadeShock's SvC mini

firebomber's SvC mini

Zupapa Mini Marquees

my Zupapa mini

Sundance's Zupapa mini

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
lithy said:
I plan on offering these to whoever wants these for as close to cost as I can. I'm not out to make money especially since some of these are other people's work. I also plan on writing a tutorial on how I make them so that people would feel free to do these on their own.

Yeah, I'd love to get one of those SSVS minis when you get it translated into English. And about making money - I understand that you're not doing this to juice people or whatever, but please give yourself a little bit of credit for it. I wouldn't feel right buying this stuff from you at cost.

Anyway, very nice work. :)

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
galfordo said:
Yeah, I'd love to get one of those SSVS minis when you get it translated into English. And about making money - I understand that you're not doing this to juice people or whatever, but please give yourself a little bit of credit for it. I wouldn't feel right buying this stuff from you at cost.

Anyway, very nice work. :)

Agreed. I'm so damn busy all the time, i'd gladly pay you for your time and effort involved. Ditto on the english SSVS mm.

~bill

lithy

20 Year Member
See first post for the gallery of minis.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
lithy -

I'd definitely love to buy at least three of those minis from you if you're willing to make them for me. Could you give me (and the rest of us) a rough idea of how much you'd sell them for?

galf0

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
English SSVS with Blood Splatter :drool:

prices please, my paypal is at the ready :buttrock:

~bill

lithy

20 Year Member
Ok I've been trying to figure out a price I would find fair as I'm always overly conscious I think about giving people a bad deal.

So I went and figured out the cost of supplies, cost per mini, with printing and shipping included, and I thought that 5 dollars with 1st class mail seemed fair. I'd like to hear feedback on if this is indeed fair or not. If a few were ordered I would be able to combine the shipping costs factored in to make it Priority.

I thank you guys galfordo and collector for showing interest and the postitive feedback so I'd like to get the few you want done soon because I'm leaving campus for winter break on December 10th, returning on January 9th. So other than writing the tutorial I will be unable to do any work with this project from home (can't even make other minis as my PC at home can't handle Photoshop:()

If 5 dollars apiece sounds ok PM me and I'll get them done between finals :)

Thanks again.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Yeah - I'd say that's more than fair.

YGPM. :)

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
good job on the ssvs!

if i had a cab i'd probably get one from you.

keep up the good work sir.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
I'd be more than willing to pay $5 per mini marquee and would like at least 3 or 4 of them for sure. I also wanted to know if you'd be making one for any of the other paper mini marquees(ie: RBFF 2: The Newcombers)? One other thing...i made, w/ the help of a friend, a Zupapa Mini Marqee and wanted to know if you could give printing it a shot? I would be happy to donate the design to the cause and make it available for anyone to have if you'd be willing to add it to your collection. LMK Lithy, and i'll have it uploaded to a site or i can upload it to your Volspace account.

lithy

20 Year Member
Well the first run is ready to be sent off and I'm eager to hear what other people think about these, I think they look very nice. Sundance, I must apologize by a combined fault of the Kinko's lady and myself (one of my clear sheets jammed and she replaced it with white, didn't tell me, and I didn't check) yours are not ready yet but I'm going to bring the materials home with me and finish yours up next week.

Here's a teaser pic for galfordo and The Collector until they arrive, or for you other guys to look at.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v179/metalslugnut/firstrun.jpg

Also as said before due to winter break and running out of materials from all the test work I did I'm taking a break until January 9th aside from writing a How To guide if anyone would like to do this themselves. But please keep conversation going and as always I'm still looking for designs for

KOF01
Nightmare in the Dark
Sengoku 3

firebomber

Astra Superstar
lithy said:
... But please keep conversation going and as always I'm still looking for designs for

KOF01...
Did you see the three designs I made for 01?

lithy

20 Year Member
firebomber said:
Did you see the three designs I made for 01?

Ah yeah I had forgotten about those sorry, if you don't mind I can make those available too, don't take my criticisms as anything bad since you're a far better photoshop artist than me :p but I wasn't fond of the art choices or the all white BG. I'll probably end up making one myself I've been slow at it though and trying to find a high res of this pic,
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20011222/kof01.gif

I'd take one of each of the ones that you make for "recent" games. You know, the ones for after they stopped making mini's.

...and I think $10 each would be fair.

B

Sundance

Sho's Rival
lithy said:
Well the first run is ready to be sent off and I'm eager to hear what other people think about these, I think they look very nice. Sundance, I must apologize by a combined fault of the Kinko's lady and myself (one of my clear sheets jammed and she replaced it with white, didn't tell me, and I didn't check) yours are not ready yet but I'm going to bring the materials home with me and finish yours up next week.

No problem man. Sh!t happens. :D

lithy

20 Year Member
Gotten quite a few PMs I will take the remainder of my materials home and do them in the order I got the PMs until I run out, after that though it'll be a wait until January sorry :)

Last edited:

firebomber

Astra Superstar
lithy said:
Ah yeah I had forgotten about those sorry, if you don't mind I can make those available too, don't take my criticisms as anything bad since you're a far better photoshop artist than me :p but I wasn't fond of the art choices or the all white BG. I'll probably end up making one myself I've been slow at it though and trying to find a high res of this pic,
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20011222/kof01.gif
Sure, make em available if you'd like. I guess the Falcoon art isn't a hit with everyone. I personally love it which is why I opted for his art over official. As for the white BG I mostly did it because I didn't know what else to use. If you have any suggestions for BGs I'd be happy to implement them. I still have all my files so it'd be easy.

K9999 mini looks really good. Maybe move him up a bit so his foot doesn't get cut off by the marquee frame.

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
Wow! Lithy those look great! I'll be watching the mail :eek: !!
Thanks alot,

~bill

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Just wanted to give props to the lithmeister - these look great!

Thanks man.