New Mini Marquee Thread

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Good news everyone! /Professor Farnsworth

So went to pick up some carts this morning from a local vendor. Guy was extremely nice and helpful. He had a FAT stack of mini marquees with him as well so I started to look through them to see what I could purchase. He then tells me "I've got all the mini marquees scanned." I was floored and told him I'd buy them off of him. He just burned a disc for me and gave it, didn't charge me anything extra. He also had a ton of candy marquees and dip sheets. I found a set for KOF 2002 English version, I know for a fact that neogeosoft does not have this on their list. I told him I'd purchase it from him as well and he just gave me that as well! Great fucking guy, I'll definitely do much more business with him in the future. I have to go through the disc and I'll upload what's on there later. I think there are 116 different mini marquees.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Sweet news! Once you have a chance to go through it all, let me know, and I can help get you a login setup to Arcade Crusade. Probably about time for me to setup a "full set" gallery and take the best scans from each set to make one good master collection. I

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Sweet news! Once you have a chance to go through it all, let me know, and I can help get you a login setup to Arcade Crusade. Probably about time for me to setup a "full set" gallery and take the best scans from each set to make one good master collection. I

That would be great!

I quickly went through the disc and it seems some of the marquees are dupes like they scanned one a few times. There are some that are in highish resolution that I have not found online such as Breakers and Andro Dunos so that's good! I need to clean them up a bit as well (crop them etc). I'll go through them this weekend.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
So got some new marquees in today that I was not able to find on the ArcadeCrusade site. These are all the Japanese only games that are like mahjong and quiz games. Also, Legend of Success Joe.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I have questions.

I can see there is a definite ebay side rising cost to these mini marquees that now even this one dude selling $10 reproductions on the surface looks fairly enticing. He's the only one at it daily on there so I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Are his of any good quality with the detail solid enough, and do they deal with light from behind to appear like an original well enough too to be worth it? If not, what kind of method could someone do on their own to make a set of mini marquees or even a one off that has similar quality enough to pass muster as a solid alternative and what would the cost be on the low (1) vs doing like say (10) or more?

I'd like to get some mini marquees for both existing games with, but also stuff like Crossed Swords 2 which never did hit retail but was redone for MVS.