Best King of Fighter?

JRock917

, ,
KOF 98 on the DC was my latest experience with a KOF game, and although I think on the neo its probably better, it was solid, and is one of the carts I would like to purchase, perhaps after KOF 2000.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
I cast my vote for KOF '96. I thought the music was great, and the new fighting system (running instead of hoping) really added to the gameplay. KOF '95 had a solid fighting engine, tho'.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Yeah. My current favorite is KOF 96 too. It got awesome jazz type music, and you can play as the bosses, among other things.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
'96 is refined yet not overdone.
Plus it has all the characters i need. '99 was also damn good in my book .

sonofx51

If you're even THINKING about TRADING with this us
I'd have to go with KOF '96, Geese is THE MAN is this game.

"RAGING STORM!"

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
My favorite team in KOF 96 is the Iori team-they rock
smile.gif

I

Iori

Damn straight, they rock. Greatest team ever. Mature and Vice, beautiful and evil, excellent combination. Iori, nuff said.

Vagabum

n00b
I would have to say 98, despite the lack of story and Rugal having a pretty bad case of SNK Boss Syndrome.. followed by 96. Geese!!!
biggrin.gif

The one I dislike most so far is 99, they really screwed up the balance and some of my faves, Terry, Robert (charge moves? arrrgh) but it has my girl Kasumi in it so maybe some is forgiven
smile.gif

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
It's KOF'98 for me.

KOF'99 is still good, but I don't really like the Striker system.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
If you had to choose one, which series is the best KOF?

I have been putting sometime on all of the series, and I have to say that though I like all of them, mine is becoming KOF 95. It was the last of the series to have fighters that were truly individual, in my opinion. Most had different super specials. It's SS was to damaging though. 98 comes in close second. You get to play all the previous fighters form the series except Howard, Krauzer, and MR big
frown.gif
My favorite is KOF 96 (as it had the bosses- Geese, Mr. Big, Krauser, and the best music of the series). KOF 98 is considered by most people to be the best, but it's missing some of the best characters (the bosses from the previous games). KOF94, KOF2000 and 2001 are definitely not the best of the series.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I see it in two catagories

Most rewarding to play in single player - KOF '96

Most rewarding to play in multiplayer - KOF '98UM

It all depends on how I want to play it.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I've had the most fun playing casuals in kof 00. It's a fun game, not the best, but damn fun. Kof 99 was not that great, did.t feel complete to me, hated the back roll. But it does have two of the best songs, sadistic eyes and tears. Overall I would say 96, great tracks, gameplay and bosses. Wish they would make a true dream match with all characters from the series.

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
This topic should have a poll.

I would pick KOF 98 as my favourite. From the gorgeous cover to the battle system it's so well crafted that you have to play it. I like KOF 94, too.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You motherfuckers are stupid and joe8 deserves a ban.

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
Why not to renew the poll every 10 years? Tastes change after long time playing periods. Take it easy, mates.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
My favourites are 96 & 98. Too close to call between those two. They really are the pinnacle of the series for me and both just got almost everything right.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Best is 98 but I prefer the moveset for Terry from 96 and I also love the music from 96.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
King of Fighters Maximum Impact. Don't even know why you guys even talk of others like they exist close to the godliness that MI.