Who else agrees the winter season is best time to play games?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
With all the three day weekends, I always make big plans to burn through a game. And then I sleep late and watch Dateline all day instead.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
While I prefer winter gaming, because it just feels good to stay inside, I think I play more during the summer, because I have more time off work. I basically never start playing anything that requires 40+ hours to finish, unless I'm sure I can dedicate myself to the experience. My day to day casual gaming is almost exclusively arcade. For the past few months I've been mostly playing:

● Magical Drop III
● Otenki Kororin
● Money Idol Exchanger

Plus a healthy dose of Street Fighter III: New Generation. Lately I've been playing it with a PlayStation controller via the Neo2PS converter, which makes it impossible to use kick buttons. It's a fun challenge to play through the game with all of the characters using just punches. Also, I love Baku Baku Animal, but I haven't hooked up the ST-V in a while.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
With all the three day weekends, I always make big plans to burn through a game. And then I sleep late and watch Dateline all day instead.

Me and the Wife love some Dateline. That and ID Investigation Network.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I also feel there is a certain something about the atmosphere when playing games in the fall and winter. It's the same kind of feeling as laying on the couch with a quilt, a hot drink, and a good book on a crisp Sunday afternoon in autumn. It's a great time to go on an adventure, dive into an amazing RPG (great autumn memories with Chrono Trigger), or just generally unwind with a good game.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Christmas is a hot hell here so I like to hide away amongst an overworked air conditioner and play games imagining snow.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
^^
He must have used the forum advanced search function. I've heard it's pretty good.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Me and the Wife love some Dateline. That and ID Investigation Network.

Dateline FTMFW.

When the NBC station here was switching affiliation, in the run-up to the changeover they were running Dateline 24/7. It was awesome.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Dateline FTMFW.

When the NBC station here was switching affiliation, in the run-up to the changeover they were running Dateline 24/7. It was awesome.

Yea bro, It's the best.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
The winters where I live are nasty, so, excluding shoveling small mountains of snow, I do spend more time indoors during that time of the year, although not necessarily gaming. I'd say my habits are relatively steady year round--it's more about what I'm currently playing than the seasons.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Christmas is a hot hell here so I like to hide away amongst an overworked air conditioner and play games imagining snow.

I always forget poor Aussies get summer for Christmas. Not having a proper Christmas must suck. Not to mention drop bears and the fact that water swirls the wrong way when going down the drain.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
There's nothing like it being below freezing outside and snowing, and you being inside wandering around the mountains of Skyrim.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I always forget poor Aussies get summer for Christmas. Not having a proper Christmas must suck. Not to mention drop bears and the fact that water swirls the wrong way when going down the drain.

If we're lucky down here in Melbourne it might rain and hit 25C on christmas day, it has occured.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
If we're lucky down here in Melbourne it might rain and hit 25C on christmas day, it has occured.

Got the message, Lach only plays if the temperature's right, i.e. 2(5°)>X. I hope Melbourne gets lucky this Christmas.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
All trolling aside. I do enjoy watching movies and playing video games more in the winter. Nothing like hanging out with my kid on the couch snacking on something and watching a flick.

Last night I was watching Stranger Things with my 6 year old eating some Popcorn on the couch and with temp being around 50 degrees outside which is far from cold, it still felt different.

I know I'm a bad parent, but she was off from school today and wanted to hang out with me and she likes sci-fi stuff just like her daddy lol.