Who else agrees the winter season is best time to play games?

Steve

The Wonder Years,
I do. There's just something magical about this time of the year and playing games. Games become even "more alive" IMO. It's just a great time out all around.

Don't forget to play Christmas NiGHTS this December! And BTW Happy 10th Anniversary to SEGA Saturn. (JP release) :buttrock:

Freelancer

Banned
I like to play games more in the winter simply due to it being colder outside. Snow also has a tendency of making the roads slick, so I also try to drive less. That means more time to play games, so I can't complain!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Yea, but slick roads means less driving to buy games to play. That's what the Internet is for I guess.

Tis the Season for MMORPGs.

Eric

Fight On!,
I'm buying up games now to prepare for the time off from classes.

So yeah, winter works well for the unemployed gamer. :D

Buying so much now that I don't feel as if I need anything for Christmas. Better to give than to receive, right? That's why I give myself games. :p

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Really it is.

Saturn is my prime love, i neglect it often, recently ive gone to play them games.

Since it happened, every year i've cracked out Xmas NiIGHTS, will do this year.

It MAKES christmas.

In a dream.

Freelancer

Banned
GregN. said:
Yea, but slick roads means less driving to buy games to play. That's what the Internet is for I guess.

Tis the Season for MMORPGs.

Yep.
That and going back and playing the games that you've bought and never gotten to. Or replaying some of your older favorites!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
The cold temperatures outside during winter make my indoor gaming marathon lifestyle seem slightly less pathetic.

BUTTRAWK!!!111!1!

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i'd say so. i'm saving up to get a supergun and starting to play games a lot more now and well yeah. winter is game season. summer is too for some. you have school all year then free time for months, and that's game time. my summers were spent playing games.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
playing new games on xmas morning used to be the shit, i wouldnt leave the house all day. i still remember the year i got the original gameboy, i remember the year we got the snes, and the year my brother had the launch n64 and we played mario 64 and star wars shadows of the empire all fucking day.

nowadays i get all my shit at least a month early, so meh.

only noobs wait for xmas. :kekeke:

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Its cold out, gets dark early, and I have some the best games ever made. Hellz yeah its a good time of year to game :buttrock:

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
galfordo said:
The cold temperatures outside during winter make my indoor gaming marathon lifestyle seem slightly less pathetic.

sad to say, but I agree

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
I hate winter, and there's nothing to do outside, like yardwork, mowing the lawn, watering stuff, etc... so more gaming yay!

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
+it gets dark at 4:30 PM now, i'm like WTF why?

You look outside at 5 PM, and you're like hey, it's night already? :make_fac:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Freelancer said:
I like to play games more in the winter simply due to it being colder outside. Snow also has a tendency of making the roads slick, so I also try to drive less. That means more time to play games, so I can't complain!
What he said.

And there's no reason to leave the house to buy games, when you can have them sent directly to you. :smirk:

Ein_boser_Schotte

Quiz Detective
I think anytime of the year is a good time for video games. Winter is a grand season, the aire is different, the people are different. I fancy skiing too much to be stuck in playing games though. If they made a cozy for my handhelds I'd play them on chair lifts. My fellow gamers, get out and enjoy the environment a wee bit. Exercise, shed some fat, then after your long tiring day, come home and pass out with a good round of garouD.
Cheers for now
Kris

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Steve said:
Don't forget to play Christmas NiGHTS this December!

Here I thought I was the only one that did this every year. :D

Dancing Mad

Another Striker
While it's snowing outside, I mostly like to play 8-bit NES or Master System. I don't know but for some odd reason, I think 8-bit music, particularly in NES/Famicom games made from 1983-1988 sets a nice mood for weather like that.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
Oddly enough, games are somewhat better when I play them in the Winter, esp. back home.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Hmmmmm, well when I was a kid I mighta played more games in the winter than the summer. But now?.... I can't say it matters what season it is. A good game will keep me playing during any season. Kinda like movies, I don't just watch em in the summer season. I'll watch em whenever there's something to go watch.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Hmmmmm, well when I was a kid I mighta played more games in the winter than the summer. But now?.... I can't say it matters what season it is. A good game will keep me playing during any season. Kinda like movies, I don't just watch em in the summer season. I'll watch em whenever there's something to go watch.

Wtf is wrong with you

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It's amazing how the mindset here has changed. Like Lachlan Mentioned before, 10% still play on the regular, 40% Collect, and the rest just are here to chill. This thread go's back to 2004. Members posting innocent stuff like Winter is the best time to play. If Someone posted some shit like that now, half the posts might be troll posts. Not that I'm saying anything is wrong with that but just pointing it out.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Every Winter I feel compelled to play Christmas Nights and Samurai Shodown.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
In the winter I'm compelled to play just as much as the other seasons