SF3 thread

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
How does Ryu rank in Third Strike? I always seem to go back to Ryu no matter what. I guess I'm just unwilling or unable to learn new playing styles.

G-Product

Benimaru's Hairdresser
genjiglove said:
How does Ryu rank in Third Strike? I always seem to go back to Ryu no matter what. I guess I'm just unwilling or unable to learn new playing styles.

Ryu is in third tier with Oro and Alex, but I'd put Oro on top of both of them cause of his two great supers and unblockable.

Ryu is weak in this game compared to his SF2 days. All you had to was Hadouken, Hadouken, Hadouken, if they jump toward ya, Shoryuken, or if they throw a fireball, u can Hurricane Kick through it and counter them. Plus if ya get a knockdown in the corner, u can chip them to death with projectiles.

In 3S it doesn't work like that, no one will fall for the predictable fireball traps, because they're old and the pro's will learn to parry your bullshit. You gotta build bar and save up for an EX Hadouken, this will score a knockdown so you can move in close for wake-up or go for a punishment situation. He has a good dash even though it covers little ground, on some characters you can ground-cross them up after a knockdown.

A neat little combo with Ryu that works only against Dudley is good to know.

When Dudley is in the corner, use a neutral throw (LP + LK), Before he even gets up go for a S.A. II Shin-Shoryuken (qcf x 2 + P), then use his kick (hcf + K) with HK.

Akuma & Ken top Ryu in the Shotokan class in 3S, Ken has more control of the ground and can compete easier with Chun-Li than that of Ryu, Akuma takes stupid damage but has a good mix-up game, juggles, many supers, and great combos. But Ken tops him.

I'll post my Ryu FAQ when it gets finished, I just need to do a lil' combo research then it'll be done.

Last edited:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
I simply cannot wait to hear that!

Oh it will knock your socks off. Needless to say I expressed myself through music and I'm pretty sure I stumbled upon the Queef Inhaler's theme song.

G-Product

Benimaru's Hairdresser
my Ryu & Q faqs will be posted here soon, hopefully 2day and any other requests of characters I have or ones people need.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Why does Akuma have no EX moves? I would use him a lot more if he did, but he's still pretty versatile without them.

10 Year Member
FatGuy said:
since I don't play halo2 anymore nor do I plan to log on in the near future

No, because I sent you a different message.

That post really did make me a little sad though (you big fat bitch).

10 Year Member
Shirt in a Can said:
Why does Akuma have no EX moves? I would use him a lot more if he did, but he's still pretty versatile without them.

Because he has 2 extra supers.

I shall be playing some SF3 tonight around 6-7pm central standard time. Unless my internet is down, which is a possibilty since SBC sucks.

10 Year Member
Stinky-Dinkins said:
No, because I sent you a different message.

That post really did make me a little sad though (you big fat bitch).

Yea makes me sad too. No more fats to shoot in Halo 2. :crying:

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
buttasuperb said:
Because he has 2 extra supers.

I shall be playing some SF3 tonight around 6-7pm central standard time. Unless my internet is down, which is a possibilty since SBC sucks.

Shit, I fucking knew that.

10 Year Member
Shirt in a Can said:
Shit, I fucking knew that.

That's what people always say when they don't know something.
You're just like the stupid kid in class:

Mrs. Peterson: Does anyone know what the fifth planet from the sun is? How about you, Tom?

Tom McGowan: Moon?

Mrs. Peterson: No, the correct answer is Jupiter.

Tom McGowan: Shit, I fucking knew that.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Stinky-Dinkins said:
That's what people always say when they don't know something.
You're just like the stupid kid in class:

Mrs. Peterson: Does anyone know what the fifth planet from the sun is? How about you, Tom?

Tom McGowan: Moon?

Mrs. Peterson: No, the correct answer is Jupiter.

Tom McGowan: Shit, I fucking knew that.

I wish I could be calm like that when a woman corrects me. My hand strikes out at the cheek before I know what's happening.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Kuin molested me

Kiun got me good yesterday with the crazy corner-trap to Super Yun shit.
I imagine you fell for it too. It's nasty.
I had to resort to the uber-cheese Chun-Li low forward -> Super shizzle.
No shame...I don't know Third Strike that well, I've loved Chun-Li since '91.
Eat me. :emb:

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
I beat kiun's Makoto, I doubt I could beat his Yun though. Came close once. I need more matches against this guy, good practice.

kiun

Zero's Tailor
good games guys. Yun's Super Arts #3 is pretty wicked huh ?

I actually never used it before until I read the strategy book. Apparently with its short bar, its very over powered, just like Ken's SA 3.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
:( genai jin?

I have only played the broken DC version sigh

Solidus Snake

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I can't wait to play online (waiting 4 US version), it sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun. I will definitely get whooped but SF: AC is so great I don't care.
My character is my av, always have been since SF2.