Fatal Fury Special: Expert (Terry)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
let's make some sort of a guide to finish FFS in expert mode. this thread is mainly for beating the game with Terry. you can make threads for other characters as well, but let's keep this thread for Terry.

Tung:

keep blocking. when he does that super move where he charges forward and punch, block and hit him with a close C and then to a power knuckle. if he comes to your crouching D range, do a crouching D. if he jumps, do a crouching C (you won't be hit).

Jubei:

this fucker is almost impossible. he deserves the "Demon of Distruction" title. his weak point is ....... jumping B. press B as soon as you jump, and then do a close C. if he blocked, do a power wave (A version). if the close C hits him, do a crack shot. repeat and keep praying.

Kim:

when he does his [qcb K] move, crouch D to a power wave. if he does his airial stomp move, do a C version power knuckle. if you find a chance, do a close C to a power knuckle combo.

Cheng:

I don't use any stratigy against him. when he does the stomp move, block and do a power knuckle (A version) quickly. try to hit him with a crouching D to a power wave (even if he blocked your kick). usually he will counter with that stomp move, giving you a chance for the power knuckle. the power knuckle won't do a lot of damage though, and this doesn't work all the time.

feel free to add your own stratigy

Andy:

lure him to the corner (use A+B). once he is cornered, leave a safe distance and do a crouch D. 90% of the times, he will do a shoryodan (upper cut) and it won't hit you. this will give a chance to combo a close C to a crack shot (B version). then throw a power wave or a crouching D again. usually he will move to the other side and roll back or he will just block the power wave/attack. repeat the crouching D trick till you beat him.

Mai:

by Atrophyed:

"Walk foward a few steps Jump D ( as soon a you jump hit D ), she will try to hit you, then you land just in front of her. Grab. Repeat. K.O."

(thanks a lot, dude)

in addition, her timing for throwing the fan is pretty predictable. if you find a chance, jump and combo. also, keep throwing crouching D and B here and there. if she manages to block your close C, follow it up with a carck shot.

Duck King:

lure him to the corner. do a crouching D to a power wave (A version). move forward a little and do the crouching D to the power wave again. he will keep blocking all the time. if he tried to move, the power wave will hit him and he will fall down. repeat till he dies.

Terry:

use [A+B] a lot here. keep a decent distance (something in a forward jump range) while doing so. if Terry "rolls" over to your side, 80% of the times (not always) he will do a power wave. this is your chance to jump and combo. also, if he comes to your side using the C button attack, you can hit him with a crouching D. when you make enough damage, keep running away by changing sides (A+B) untill the time runs out.

Big Bear:

his weak point is the power knuckle. use [A+B] a lot while keeping a power knuckle (A version) distance. if he rolls, do a power knuckle and follow it up with a crouch D. he will block them, but he won't do anything else. change sides (A+B) and repeat the process till the time runs out.

Joe:

same as Duck King. corner him (use A+B), throw croching D's and power waves. he will keep blocking all the time.

Billy:

I'm stuck here. so far, I knew if you keep holding back, he will follow you to the corner. when he comes to the power knuckle range, keep jumping backward and kicking in the air. sometimes, you will hit him and other times he will jump and attack you while you're in the air. in the that case, you will land next to each other and you can grab him (he won't be able to hit you). of course, your grab will do more damage than his airial attack. once you grab him, move to the other side and repeat.

Geese:

keep pulling [A+B]. luckily, Geese will counter with the C charge attack (streches his arms and jump a little high toward you) more frequently than Terry. when he does so, crouch D.
the key here is changing sides and crouch D whenever he use the C button attack.

that leaves the other 3 bosses and Cheng (my strats against him isn't always effective)

uh and it would be great if someone could rewrite my post with a better English. that will help a lot.

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Hmm... for Mai Shiranui I use pretty much the same strategy with evryone.

Walk foward a few steps Jump D ( as soon a you jump hit D ), she will try to hit you, then you land just in front of her. Grab. Repeat. K.O.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Atrophyed said:
Hmm... for Mai Shiranui I use pretty much the same strategy with evryone.

Walk foward a few steps Jump D ( as soon a you jump hit D ), she will try to hit you, then you land just in front of her. Grab. Repeat. K.O.

thanks a lot. I'm gonna put that in my original post.

keep poking the cpu with stand D also do this effective 3 hit combo: jump D, crouch C, stand D.

You can lure many opponents into dragon punch if you jump forward D from a distant place. Grab them when they land, repeat the process until they die.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
the jumping D trick is harder than it sounds. the enemy won't give you a chance to do it easily (he will be busy attacking by the time you jump). beside, some characters doesn't have an upper cut move, or their upper cuts/anti-air moves will still hit you (like Kim and Billy).

still, it's pretty useful against Mai, but again, you can't depend sololy on it.

I added stratigies for Terry, BB and Joe.

Last edited: