MOTM Remake Ideas

Richard & Judy

NEST Puppet
Okay lemme first put haggar here
Haggar.gif

hope this is faster, please remeber all animation is in early stages.
(this is a long project so to keep me entertained im working on numerous Characters at once, so obviously id like to add a bit more into the animation)

As for Jeff Bogard, I might go for the look in Wild Ambition, using Geeses stance make alot of sense so thanks Saiya man ;)
I'll post him up later today.

STORY MODE

Story Mode will be constructed the same way as AOF or Fatal Fury 1 to start with for example if you choose Fatal Fury you'll play as Terry at the start and then get the chance to change different paths with Joe and Andy.
For some there will be multiple bosses or hidden challengers (which you can unlock opponents by beating them).
Once you beat this you'll be rewarded a Fatal Fury 2 Story which is similar to the first only you will have the choice of any Character from Fatal Fury and Fight Wolfgang instead of Geese.
Once you beat all the Stories you'll be able to Cross game Characters for example Fatal Fury 2 style story with Ryu in.

The Kof story for example will be your standard 94 one meaning you can only be the Japan Team, when you beat this you will be rewarded another story.
K' will have his own story kinda like Streets of Rage with Whip and Maxima, but unlike Streets of Rage this is going to be based on the NEST Saga (kinda after it actually). Boss fights will be like fighting in standard Arcade mode if that makes sense, so you wont be able to do SDMS or certain moves in the Streets of Rage Mode.

Some games dont have Stories eg. Buriki One
But Buriki Mode will be like a UFC tournament, with News Combo 7 kinda telling the story hyping each match up, very wwf I guess, in this mode you can unlock Characters etc... but also play up to 12 player tournaments.
The place you will fight will be the BURIKI One Octagon.
Silber will be one boss but it will be deducted on your battle Ability will most (like kof 99+) so get good at the game fight other bosses unlock other bosses and stuff.

Modes of Play you'll see in this game in some form or another:

Single
Team (Project Justice, Kof Style)
Tag (MOTM tag style)
Team Tag (KOF2003,Project Justice team moves)

More coming

Richard & Judy

NEST Puppet
gai.gif

This is my gai but it was messed around with to see if I could make my original sprites, pocket size (well the size my game now is using), Id like to hear your comments
Ryo.gif

Much more late late tonight
By the way this is Buriki Ryo

Last edited:

super-saiya-jin

I wish I really were French
Richard & Judy said:
gai.gif

This is my gai but it was messed around with to see if I could make my original sprites, pocket size (well the size my game now is using), Id like to hear your comments
Ryo.gif

Much more late late tonight
By the way this is Buriki Ryo
Gai looks to pixelated
Buriki ryo is execellent though

Richard & Judy

NEST Puppet
gai.gif

remade gai
more coming including resident evil

feilong.gif

This is meant to be Fei Long, looks better on less dark background due to using alot of black colour on him ;)

Last edited:

Richard & Judy

NEST Puppet
YSC.gif

Yashiro and Chris and Shermie getting worked on, im nearly ready to release a GIF kinda hyping the game up, so thats going to be up late tommorow maybe
ShadowShermie.PNG

Shadow Shermie (Just a mess around really)

Jill.PNG

Leon.PNG

Last edited:

Richard & Judy

NEST Puppet
Okay some big things have happened on concerns to coding.
Firstly Im planning now to make the game using REALITY FACTORY.
This means it would have zoom ins on the camara just like Samurai Showdown or AOF.
It also means I will be setting up online play, although that would depend on peoples reactions to beta etc.. also if alot of people will be on.
The online play mode would make this game a true fan game.

But this is all speculation as Reality Factory isnt working right now for me.
I'll make sure whatever though the play is fluid, even if it takes me 10 years,,...
well it wont :)

onefortheride

Dodgeball Yakuza
could i talk you into making alex and ryan from River City Ranson with moves like dragon feet, stone hands, and fatal steps? i think that would be great ... and the sprites wouldnt need much teaking from the old original nes. just an idea ... maybe hidden characters.

Richard & Judy

NEST Puppet
onefortheride said:
could i talk you into making alex and ryan from River City Ranson with moves like dragon feet, stone hands, and fatal steps? i think that would be great ... and the sprites wouldnt need much teaking from the old original nes. just an idea ... maybe hidden characters.

Yeah Id need to play it again, as they are slighty different graphics Id have to modify them a little (which means they might look out of place) but id have no problem making a fighting game with more than cap and snk characters IF..
and thats a big MOFO IF.. I make this game go online, then the game would all be about unlocking a roster (kinda pokomon blue + Red style) and then choosing your 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 or even single match team to go online, Id like to add an edit feature like in the first MOTM.

Okay as this message board is taking up alot of room in the creative section, I'll get a site up and running. That way if any of you have questions you can just PM me or sign a guest book type of shitty thing.

River City Ranson would be cool though

onefortheride

Dodgeball Yakuza
you could just make them an unlockable team (ryan, alex, and maybe slick or tex) the graphics arent that much different ... a lil tweak here and there and youre good to go. and their special moves are already there .... dragon feet, stone hands, grand slam, fatal steps ... you get the idea. just a thought.

man, i love me some RCR!

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I just read this thread for the first time... looks great and I hope you put together a great game here! Having worked on pet projects in the past, all I can say is get that thing running ASAP... you can always add characters later, but if you make the scope too big too early then it can burn you out. :(

On the Jeff Bogard thing, he was in the intro movie for PSX FF: WA but he was also in an SNK game prior to the MVS. Street Smarts maybe? You may want to emulate that game to get a look at how SNK did his sprite back in the day.

Edit: From KLOV... it was called Street Smart and there is a picture of Jeff Bogard's sprite there, albeit a small one. Takuma looks much like he does in later games, but Jeff looks awfully funky compared to the FF: WA vid. :) The head and torso make him look like a blood relation to Terry and Andy even though they are adopted, but he's wearing Captain America's pants or something. :kekeke:

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=S&game_id=9834

Last edited:

Richard & Judy

NEST Puppet
neojedi said:
I just read this thread for the first time... looks great and I hope you put together a great game here! Having worked on pet projects in the past, all I can say is get that thing running ASAP... you can always add characters later, but if you make the scope too big too early then it can burn you out. :(

On the Jeff Bogard thing, he was in the intro movie for PSX FF: WA but he was also in an SNK game prior to the MVS. Street Smarts maybe? You may want to emulate that game to get a look at how SNK did his sprite back in the day.

Edit: From KLOV... it was called Street Smart and there is a picture of Jeff Bogard's sprite there, albeit a small one. Takuma looks much like he does in later games, but Jeff looks awfully funky compared to the FF: WA vid. :) The head and torso makes him look like a blood relation to Terry and Andy even though they are adopted, but he's wearing Captain America's pants or something. :kekeke:

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=S&game_id=9834

Right now im working on the Beta.
This will most likely be Vs and Arcade (No online Mode)
consisting of MOTM cast (Minus Darkstalkers)

The Original Idea of having a Fire-Pro type selection Screen will stage.
When online mode does happen, your going to need to either pick a Team selection of 3 vs 3, Tag, or Single. Then you either have Exhibition or Tournament or Co-Op.
So you'll have to have a vague Idea of who your choosing before selecting them.
Im not going to have a Story Mode. Thats Dead ...
But that also means now I can make Characters from anywhere, this isnt SNK VS CAPCOM anymore... Its just any fighter I desire to make or people suggest will probably be made.

Its going to take me a month before im happy with what I got, or fustrated enough just to send it. until them im going to use this thread to take your ideas and also throw questions out, or little 8-bit sprites ^^.
Now im going to drink my cold pepsi and contemplate drawing Axel and Blaze

Richard & Judy

NEST Puppet
super-saiya-jin said:
have you looked at some mugen sites, they should have some decent backgrounds

Yeah thats an option, but the thing that makes me not want to take that at the moment, is I want classic backgrounds redrawn to suit the pocket fighters.
The graphics on Neogeo backgrounds just look im afraid to say too detailed.
There was the option of redrawing over them though to make the colours blend in more.

But dont worry the backgrounds still will look better than the NGPC ones, im determined to make them as original as possible.

Right now im having talks with some pretty top notch guys :buttrock: , who might be doing sprites for me and backgrounds.

GAME CHARACTER ROSTER
  • Street Fighter Series
  • KOF
  • AOF
  • FATAL FURY
  • SAMURAI SHOWDOWN
  • THE LAST BLADE
  • Rival Schools
  • Final Fight
  • Saturday Night Slam Masters
  • DarkStalkers
  • Metal Slug
  • Kizuna Encounter
  • Rage of the Dragons
  • Fighters History
  • Burning Fight
  • SOUL CALIBUR
  • TEKKEN
  • DOA
  • Resident Evil
  • Street Smart
  • Metal Gear
  • Devil May Cry
  • River City Ransom
  • World Heros
  • Aggressors of Dark Combat

Okay so thats just a kinda rough idea at the moment of the type of teams im gonna want

Last edited:

Richard & Judy

NEST Puppet
super-saiya-jin said:
street fighter alpha peeps plz
especially Hokuto and cracker jack

Yeah there in the street fighter series, Hokuto is someone i've been working on since the beggining as for Cracker Jack, I am intending for him to be in the game, same as D.Dark and a few others from EX series.

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
you gotta do Benimaru, Rock, orochi iori, Snake from mgs, Oh crap you really have to do Vash from Trigun he would look so awesome.

Richard & Judy

NEST Puppet
iamyagami22 said:
you gotta do Benimaru, Rock, orochi iori, Snake from mgs, Oh crap you really have to do Vash from Trigun he would look so awesome.

Vash, what would Vash be without Wolfwood.
Hell spike and the gang also from bebop
even Kenshin
as long as their kinda reasonable, for example Its pointless me making Tetsou theres already K9999

super-saiya-jin

I wish I really were French
Richard & Judy said:
Vash, what would Vash be without Wolfwood.
Hell spike and the gang also from bebop
even Kenshin
as long as their kinda reasonable, for example Its pointless me making Tetsou theres already K9999
good god, the cast is growing like crazy
keep it snk,capcom only
i mean it is MOTM