What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
the forcast for later tonight includes:

Sengoku 3
Breakers Revenge
and Waku Waku 7

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
I had both them on the AES back in about 93 or 94, used to play them heaps then.

Oh, you're one of the mythical creatures that actually owned the system when it was still being marketed. Cool :)

Samsho IV - I need more games!

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Metal Slug X
Neo Driftout
Bust-A-Move Again
Gururin
Samurai Shodown Special

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Oh, you're one of the mythical creatures that actually owned the system when it was still being marketed. Cool :)

Samsho IV - I need more games!
Yeah mate i bought my AES in the last 1/4 of 92 i think, between me and 3 of my mates that had AES consoles we had about 13 different games, NAM was the only game i bought brand new, but it was $100 AUD if you bought it at the time you purchased the console, so no way i was passing that up.

I VERY FOOLISHLY sold my AES in about 1997, one of my mates kept his and still has it. I did buy another one in 1999, with AOF 1, Blues Journey, and Last Resort, but i sold that when i got my MVS machine a few months later cause i had heaps of MVS games and someone offered me about double what i paid for it. Ive still got 3 AES version 1 joysticks though ;)

slugger_dan

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
i'm still getting owned by NAM, dieing in really stupid spots cause I misjudged a missile's trajectory and stuff. then I die a bunch to the barrel guys. I only beat muckly once in this round of playing, stupid eye laser making me jump into lingering explosion.

NEO-GEO man

Dan, probably the best way to go about this is run whenever you can, stay toward the middle, move only as much as you need to so you dont get shot, this will keep all the bullets heading to the same area, and keep more clear space for you to get away from more bullets.

Roll only when you need to. With Muckly at the end, the best way to go about it there is run slight amounts and keep shooting, dont bother too much with grenades, and when you get close to the side, run at the bombs and go into a roll just before you hit the bomb smoke, that way, youll come up clear on the other side with abit of time to spare.

I dont know if you bother to continue or not, but i wouldnt bother, just go back to the start every time you run out of lives and start from the start, its alot easier there, so its easier to hone your skills, and as you get better, youll find the later stages are easier to deal with.

slugger_dan

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
thanks for the tips. yeah I roll pretty recklessly in that fight. eventually i slip up and roll at the wrong time and get bombed. I haven't continued in any of today's runs but I didn't beat muckly either,fuck. will try again tomorrow for sure.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Currently in the 4 Slot

Sam Sho 2, 3, 4, 5 special

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
metal slug and kof are getting more attention than bust a move or last blade right now, but all are getting at least a few plays daily. and i'm making myself pay the 25 cents. figure it'll force me to sock some money away for more games, grin.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Had MS1 in for months, put MSX back in there. Mixing in some Nam '75 (still don't get the appeal of this one), PB2 and NTM in the 4th slot.

NEO-GEO man

Had MS1 in for months, put MSX back in there. Mixing in some Nam '75 (still don't get the appeal of this one), PB2 and NTM in the 4th slot.

Whats PB2 and NTM?

NAM 1975 is one of my all time favorites :)

slugger_dan

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I think puzzle bobble 2 and neo turf master.

anyway I still suck at nam but I can beat muckly ok now though, just running towards the explosion of the bombs and rolling as late as possible worked great. but sometimes my crosshair is in a bad spot and i cant really shoot the guy until rolling again.

cyberlip's best quality is probably the boxart (holy moly) but i can still have fun finishing it depsite the flaws. the boss with the snaking drones really shits me though.

samurai spirits II, trying to beat mizuki on level 5 consistently without resorting to The Earthquake Technique. I can 1cc it but with a bunch of luck on my side, i can't really just go in and murder her or anything.