What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I wanted to play a little Neo Soccer today so I popped on the Neo Gold cab that has :
Super Sidekicks 2 & Neo Geo Cup 98 in it.

Super Sidekicks 2
I didn't even watch the game start I was pressing on the 1 player button so fast..I just wanted a quick romp to see how I do..
I just kept pressing 1 player + A,didn't choose a team or nothing..
Surprisingly I started off real well scoring right away..I was up 2-0 then they came back tying the score.
Right as the timer ran out (sat in red) I scored another GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!..3-2.. I Win...... Sweet!!...I thought "Damn this game is addicting"..
I wasn't going to continue but the game kept going since I won..
This team was tougher but I pulled it off,2 zip..I kept them from scoring...Playing this game hard my wrists felt a bit tired now..
I need to seriously get more Arcade machine game time..

Third game,Whew. :eek: .Red Shirt Team(?)...They kicked my Ass..I could not score for nothing..
They had me 3-0 before the time ran out..and I just flipped off the cab,No winning that game.. :oh_no:

I have to admit..Super Sidekicks 2 is one FUN game..Alone or against a human opponent.

I really need to buy some more MVS Soccer games.. :(
It's the one MVS type game I've been slacking on..

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
Shock Troopers. Not using continues, I always end up at the boss on stage 5 Valley route and havn't been able to beat him yet :mad_2: .

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
MNK said:
Shock Troopers. Not using continues, I always end up at the boss on stage 5 Valley route and havn't been able to beat him yet :mad_2: .
Well done matey...i get stuck in the same place!! :crying: ...
This week ive been mostly playing Neo driftout.... :glee: ... damn..its so so simple, but yet so so addictive! :buttrock:

BIG

sony fanboy
Finally dusted off a few carts and the dusty mobo and played a few rounds of Neo again yesterday and I must say,it felt pretty good. Nam-1975 and Matrimelee were my poison of choice for the joyous event.. must 've clocked in about 2 hours of quality playtime or so.....good stuff.

Gotta get around to doing it again real soon....whenever that may be.

BIG-

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I finally gnawed through the leg tat was chained to the desk, and got to play a little RotD which arrived yesterday...so far, I am loving it! I've heard from others that the joy wears off in a little while, so we'll see, but I really dig it so far. Went and read all the 'how to beat Johann' threads, but no go yet.

I've also got AOF2 on it's way to me right now (finally!!), so I'll be playing that again for the first time in a looong while. Can't wait.

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
Just picked up a new KOF 98 home cart, so I've been rocking out on that, KOF 95, and some Ninja Combat. God, I love that game.

Itching to play KOF 2000 again - now I need to go find another JPN home cart.

thefub

Armored Scrum Object
Just started really playing Last Resort last night. That game is great fun so far. Lot of slow down though.

Last edited:

mark-art

NEST Puppet
My aes finally arrived yesterday afternoon!! :buttrock: I picked up SS2 with it, so thats what I'm playing. Can't wait to pick up some more carts.

mark

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
I'd given the neo a break for a couple of months (excluding Turfmasters on NGPC of course!), but last week I blasted through a couple of slugs and Last resort. I've played a bit of SVC on Xbox as well...

Freelancer

Banned
I'm taking the time to really explore and learn SVC this week. I'll admit the NGBC loke test info has me excited.

I've gone back to learn some of the lesser character's exceeds while also practicing my guard cancels, which is a technique I rarely used before.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
The first thing I did today was turn on my Arcade machines and play each one a bit

I got my STRIKERS 1945 PLUS MVS cart in the Mail today...
Cleaned the contacts and popped it in..

I usually let a cart run through several demos before I start playing (as it's doing now)
With demo sound on..(usually off)

As far as it looks this game looks to be pretty damn sweet!!!

2005_0131_140037AA.jpg

My camera isn't good at getting screenshots.

Now to put in a STRIKERS 1945 PLUS Mini Marquee..

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Right now, Pop 'n bounce and KOF'98 are on my cab.

Pop'n bounce is really a great game and quite challenging also. I've been playing it frequently these days and I can't get out of my head the catchy tunes :tickled:

As for KOF'98, it had been a long time since I played a decent KOF for the last time... I'm really enjoying the music, backgrounds and pre-KOF'99 Mai.
Now, I still suck in KOF...I just can't get to perform any of those long crazy combos. Maybe I should take a look at one of those FAQS, but I'm too lazy to memorize button sequences :emb:

BTW, Chris how good is Strikers and how much did you pay for it? I'm begining to get tired of AeroFighters2, and perhaps I will be getting another shooter in the future.

[OCEAN]

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
[OCEAN] said:
BTW, Chris how good is Strikers and how much did you pay for it? I'm begining to get tired of AeroFighters2, and perhaps I will be getting another shooter in the future.

[OCEAN]

Though I haven't had the time to give Strikers 1945 Plus enough gameplay to give it a review.
My Wife and Son have given it a lot of play and the thumbs up..they like it.
It looks really nice on screen,the explosions are done real nice..I love the edges,and the intro is sweet...I like the look of the mini marquee too.

As far as I've played it's pretty damn good!!..I took out Aero Fighter 2 and put this in..I do like it better then Aero Fighter 2 right now.
I usually let a newly acquired cart run through several demos before I start to play it also,just to make sure it doesn't have any reset or incompatibility issues with the other carts in the cab..(again the intro is sweet!!!)

stri012.jpg

I bought it from yuckydog (Ebay Won $83.90)(Just left Positive Feedback)
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109720

The coolest thing is the Bowling Alley I go to got in a Strikers 1945 cab in.(Super Beautiful Cab))
I've never played nor seen "this game" in person,so I was pleased to see it there...(and I played the crap out of it)

The Strikers 1945 Plus MVS cart would be coming in the mail in the next few days.The next morning after attending the Bowling Alley the Strikers 1945 Plus was in my mail..Sweet!!! :glee:

stri002.jpg

My Son seen me looking at the screen shots,he recognizes the game..he's playing it now. :p

thefub

Armored Scrum Object
I just recieved SvC Chaos yesterday and have been playing that along with Last Resort.

I really do not think I like SvC . The BGs and BGM are kind of bland IMO. The gameplay is OK but as a whole I just don't think I'll hold on to this title for very long. I'll give it a few weeks...maybe.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Consolized Two Slot:

The King of Fighters '99
The King of Fighters '02
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers
Rage of The Dragons

Freelancer

Banned
MV-1F w/ D-Lite SuperGun:

*KOF 2k2 (mvs)
*SSV (mvs)

I've been bitten by the SNK fighting game bug again. All the news about NGBC has inspired me once again...

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I made a really nice Strikers 1945 Plus Mini Marquee on good Photo paper and I
wanted to see just how it looks with light through it in the cab..
So today I hooked the marquee lights back up in my Big Red..
I've had them unplugged long enough...what the heck,if they blow I'll buy the replacements..
The Mini marquee looks great and the light comes through the same as it does the originals.... :)

I decided to pull up my stool and play Strikers 1945 Plus as far as I could get..My Son joined me for a two player game.
We blasted through this game in I'd say no less then 20 minutes..(Freeplay)..

I like it..It's short but sweet.....I find Ghost Pilots to be a long game,but I like Strikers 1945 Plus more then Ghost Pilots.
Strikers 1945 Plus just seems more refined and detailed compared to Ghost Pilots..IMO
...... I like the amount of planes available with different weapons and bombs.(Replay Value).I also like the fact that in the soft dips you can set the C button to Rapid fire (incase you fingers get tired I guess from pressing the A.)

What I want to do is play this against friends with freeplay off..I'll set the cab to coins and we'll see who can get the highest score per quarter..
I have to do it this way..my buddies will cheat.. :p

http://ungr.emuunlim.com/ngartwork/marquees/s1945p.jpg

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Pretty much playing as much Neo Geo as I can tonigh between the Big Red and Candy cabs line-up of games.

2005_0203_212132AA.jpg

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Candy Cab:

I just got my ass kicked in Baseball Stars Professional..6 nothing.. :crying:
I can never beat the computer the first time around,but I just keep trying..They hit everything super hard..(The computer is cheap)
The second time around it's normal,the opposing team will hit regular hits..no matter what team I chose or play against.
By the time I've beat the piss out of in the first game I'm to worn out or aggravated to play the second game.

After that ass kicking game I continued my Championship game in Super Baseball 2020
My feel was totally off but I started off with some great hits because of that..(just swinging)..I was pitching the ball all over the place though.
I had a lead at my last save of 9 to 0..I got it up to 12- 0 in the 5th inning,then the computer turned it up and started using it's cash to strengthen the hitters.
They went on fire stealing bases,leading and hitting everything I threw at them. I could not hit anything they threw at me.
They made 7 quick runs playing real hard now....I used every bit of cash I had to strengthen my last pitchers arm and held them off..Whew!!

I won 12-7........ :buttrock:

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Took a break from my PS2 titles to play some KOF 99 last night. Surprised I'm still competent with Kasumi's counters after such a long break from the Neo.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
This week i have only played FFS... a proper "special", do you not agree neofolk? :D
S N K all the way.... :buttrock:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Today I moved stuff around my living room to put my Neo Gold next to the Tekken 3 and Big Red,then took a ton of picks because I've never done this.
It's temporary until Monday or Tuesday..My place is just not situated to leave it this way,..I'd have to chuck my couches.. :loco:

I have some minor work I need to do the Neo Gold so having it this way it's easier to work on/close up etc..(safety/kid)

I just ran the cabs like this today playing them..pretty cool..

nnmm.jpg