What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I've been playing SS4, KOF 2003, and FFS lately. Gotta love FFS man.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I haven't been playing much Neo at all. This scares me. :help:

Freelancer

Banned
Fired up some SSV this morning!
Basara makes this game loads of fun when you mix up the pacing of the fight with his varied attacks.

BIG

sony fanboy
galfordo said:
I haven't been playing much Neo at all. This scares me. :help:

I know what you mean...

The last game I played was Ghost-Lop,and that was weeks ago!

Shame...shame.....:(

BIG-

thefub

Armored Scrum Object
Karnov's Revenge (just got today)
Alpha Mission 2

AM has some great BG music. I love the old-school-shooter feel of it. I have not gotten far yet but I am working on it.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'm on a KoF streak again... esoteric gameplay threads, here we come!

Ah well, for the past two weeks I've been playing KoF94/95/97/98/2k1, ASO II, Samsho 4, Sengoku 2 and a bit of Slug 3.

K.O.F. is still H.O.T., baby

the rest of my gaming time goes into DC and PS2 shmups and shmup ports like R-Type Final, Shienryu, Shiki 2, Border Down, etc.

I've been NON - NEO all week; until a friend came over, where we played some Matrimelee, and finished both Shock Troopers 2nd Squad and then Shock Troopers 1.

We both still prefer 2nd Squad; have since I got it actually. But I noticed that since I loaded Unibios 2.0, ST1's blood and guts factor went up... bodies now break apart, limbs get destroyed... who knew?

Altered

New Challenger
Unfortunately, Alpha Mission II's perfect-shooter feel ends right after the 2nd mission. But I like making up words to the music and then on the last three notes to the end of a stage, shaking my head so hard it falls off.

And I'm playing Samurai Shodown now.

BIG

sony fanboy
Man,I still haven't fired up a Neo game since Ghost-Lop...

Is it just me...or am I getting closer and closer to the inevitable truth.....:(

BIG-

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Altered said:
Unfortunately, Alpha Mission II's perfect-shooter feel ends right after the 2nd mission.

From mission 3 onwards, it becomes crucial to always chose the right Armor, up to a point where your chances for surviving certain spots are very narrow if you use the wrong one or, even worse, arrive with your standard laser and missiles. It's perfectly possible to beat the game without using a single Armor, but it requires mad skills and a lot of patience - battling bosses with a low-power standard shot seems to take like forever.

Which Armor you chose also depends on your playing style, personally I prefer the offensive Armors over the defensive ones (Shield, etc.), but where I go at it with full firepower, one could also activate a Shield and take out all enemy waves and installations with some sort of surgical attack.

The only flaw in the Armor system is the random appearance of the 2nd or 3rd Armor parts, sometimes you already have parts one and two of the Nuke in order to quickly kill a boss, but level 3 does not show up in the entire level, so you're doomed if you don't switch to collecting a different Armor as long as it's still possible.

Other than that, ASO II is my fave vertical shmup on Neo. It requires a bit of strategy and planning tho, and perhaps it's that what puts some ppl off. While other games like the Sonic Wings or even Ghost Pilots are way more accessible, ASO II is much deeper and more rewarding in the long run.

Altered

New Challenger
No, it's not the difficulty that's the problem. They handled that fine, and the later bosses are really cool. The problems are the music and the way the stages don't seem connected after the 2nd; there's just no rush like there is in the first two.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
The best thing about not playing Neo for weeks is retrurning to play after weeks.
Playing Zupapa MVS and KOF 2002 NGH currently.
-BB
Bigp0ppaLarge said:
Man,I still haven't fired up a Neo game since Ghost-Lop...

Is it just me...or am I getting closer and closer to the inevitable truth.....:(

BIG-

Last edited:

Ackula

Mr. Big's Thug
I got Garou MOTW this past week, and all weekend i played it to death on my new consolized MV-1F, challenging every friend and family member I could lure into my home. Its amazing how great this game is, it's been many months since I had played it ...its even better than I remembered, perfect fighting game imho. So good in fact I even have gotten my wife hooked on it, and now she is begging to play it when I'm not :glee:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
fatal fury fan #2 said:
what do you think of the game????

It's one of my favorites...

My son loves the crap out of it too..

Great kid game I must say...

..............I just enjoy playing it.....I think it's a fun game.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I just played a game of Baseball Stars Professional MVS on my Candy Cab..

I got my ass kicked..

For the life of me I just can't beat the computer the first time around...the second game I do very well
I don't know,might sound crazy but it seems like the game is programmed to kick your butt the first game everytime.
Say,to make to pump in more quarters (Arcade) for the second game.

Though on AES I suck at this game no matter what.. :p

Altered

New Challenger
In Baseball Stars Professional, if you can field well (and never use the pitches that make easy home runs), you should be able to keep the computer's score from getting very high. As for your score, just try for the home runs with your heavy hitters and it'll hopefully be enough.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Altered said:
In Baseball Stars Professional, if you can field well (and never use the pitches that make easy home runs), you should be able to keep the computer's score from getting very high. As for your score, just try for the home runs with your heavy hitters and it'll hopefully be enough.

Thanks Altered... :)