What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
Yes indeed.:cool:

Football Frenzy is....laughable.

I forgot to mention I've been playing Neo Cup 98 a ton as well.

I have never played Neo Cup 98. I played some Goal Goal Goal a few days back though. Today (so far) it has been Neo Turf Masters and Flip Shot.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
xmods said:
I just traded a rare super bubble pop kit for garou:motw and md3, but now i see md3 going for $50-60 so it doesn't look like i got that great of a deal anymore :/ Oh well, both games are still alot better than the craptastic game i traded them for. Oh yeah today its MS5 and MD3.

Is the MVS Super Bubble Pop the same crappy game that came out on the Gamecube? I remember buying it for 9.99 and sold it for a loss the same day.

On the MVS, I guess I could see owning it as a collector (maybe) but if it is the same game, I doubt I would ever play it.

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Gameoz said:
Is the MVS Super Bubble Pop the same crappy game that came out on the Gamecube? I remember buying it for 9.99 and sold it for a loss the same day.

On the MVS, I guess I could see owning it as a collector (maybe) but if it is the same game, I doubt I would ever play it.

It prolly was the same game, and yeah i'm glad i got rid of it. I pretty much broke even on the deal. I paid $115($110-120, can't recall exactly) from xian xi and ended up trading it to someone for garou:motw and magical drop 3. Not too bad, but i didn't get as good of a deal as i originally thought.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Gameoz said:
I have never played Neo Cup 98. I played some Goal Goal Goal a few days back though. Today (so far) it has been Neo Turf Masters and Flip Shot.

You should definitely give it a try. I sold my extra to decepticonzero, but I'm sure you could pick one up cheap. In my opinion, it is the soccer game for the neo.

Is flip shot worth the money?

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Gameoz said:

I put neo cup 98 right behind super sidekicks 2. SS2 is just more fun with the longer slides.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
You should definitely give it a try. I sold my extra to decepticonzero, but I'm sure you could pick one up cheap. In my opinion, it is the soccer game for the neo.

Is flip shot worth the money?

Flip Shot is well worth the money IMO. I would have been happy with a loose cart but I picked up a Flip Shot and Super Dodge Ball Kit from the same guy. Flip Shot, like a lot of games is much much better if you have some one to play against.

I will have to look in to Neo Cup 98, there are so many soccer games out for the Neo, I must have missed it. I would love to find a Pleasure Goal but if I did, I doubt I could afford it.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Gameoz said:
Flip Shot is well worth the money IMO. I would have been happy with a loose cart but I picked up a Flip Shot and Super Dodge Ball Kit from the same guy. Flip Shot, like a lot of games is much much better if you have some one to play against.

I will have to look in to Neo Cup 98, there are so many soccer games out for the Neo, I must have missed it. I would love to find a Pleasure Goal but if I did, I doubt I could afford it.

If you find a copy of Neo Cup, I have a spanish art set that you're welcome to have. Pleasure goal is fun, but those prices (when it's available) can get pretty crazy.

I'll probably look into flip shot. I love windjammers, so this should be a good addition to my collection. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it?

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
If you find a copy of Neo Cup, I have a spanish art set that you're welcome to have. Pleasure goal is fun, but those prices (when it's available) can get pretty crazy.

I'll probably look into flip shot. I love windjammers, so this should be a good addition to my collection. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it?

If you like Wind Jammers, you will enjoy Flip Shot. I think Wind Jammers is the better game, although non gamers seem to be able to grasp Flip Shot a lot quicker.

Seems like I paid $130-140 (I don't remember) which I think is very cheap for a complete Flip Shot Kit. I had missed out on one just prior that went for more.

Kits like this usually show up when someone is getting out of collecting. I actually paid more for the Super Dodge Ball Kit which sucked because I had bought a brand new kit a couple years back for around $130. (When Arcade Shock had a bunch in)

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Gameoz said:
If you like Wind Jammers, you will enjoy Flip Shot. I think Wind Jammers is the better game, although non gamers seem to be able to grasp Flip Shot a lot quicker.

Seems like I paid $130-140 (I don't remember) which I think is very cheap for a complete Flip Shot Kit. I had missed out on one just prior that went for more.

Kits like this usually show up when someone is getting out of collecting. I actually paid more for the Super Dodge Ball Kit which sucked because I had bought a brand new kit a couple years back for around $130. (When Arcade Shock had a bunch in)

Thanks a ton for the information. I'll add flip shot to my ever expanding MVS wants list.:p

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Gameoz said:

OK! Reality time! Windjammers is alot easier to grasp than flipshot, and by the way, did you get your kits from the netherlands as well? I got my BFS from the same person as you, I think. I already had my SDB so I didn't get it.

So it was your fault! Damn! I was gonna get away with 150, but nooo!

Last edited:

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
I played this for about an hour this morning.

kof98-5-6.jpg

I used to prefer KoF 00 and 02, but after really starting to spend some time with this I can see why many think it is the best. Truly a near-perfect game in my opinion.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
electricgrave said:
OK! Reality time! Windjammers is alot easier to grasp than flipshot, and by the way, did you get your kits from the netherlands as well? I got my BFS from the same person as you, I think. I already had my SDB so I didn't get it.

So it was your fault! Damn! I was gonna get away with 150, but nooo!

No, not the same person, mine was from a guy in the USA that was selling off his collection of about ten MVS games. (Some Kits) I remember the Netherlands seller though, as I bid on an auction or two and lost out.

Regarding Wind Jammers and Flip Shot, all I can tell you is that any noob I have played with has got the hang of Flip Shot much quicker. Flip Shot is a lot closer to basic Pong and that is the reason. In Wind Jammers, there is more to pay attention to. You can shoot for 3 or 5 point goals (which means you have to be prepared to defend against those as well) and you can also do the drop throws for 2 points. There is also the two power throws (special moves) to pull off and defend. I won't even get into the courts that have the barriers that deflect shots in other directions. That is a lot of a new player to get the hang of at first and is what in the end makes Wind Jammers the better game IMO.

Flip Shot is pretty much just hit the A button when the ball hits your shield. Sure there is a little more to it but it is basically a juiced up Pong. (Which I love)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I still play my Flip Shot from time to time. Just tried playing Windjammers again, havent played in a while and now I suck at it. :lolz: I cant even beat the 2nd guy.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Gameoz said:
No, not the same person, mine was from a guy in the USA that was selling off his collection of about ten MVS games. (Some Kits) I remember the Netherlands seller though, as I bid on an auction or two and lost out.

Regarding Wind Jammers and Flip Shot, all I can tell you is that any noob I have played with has got the hang of Flip Shot much quicker. Flip Shot is a lot closer to basic Pong and that is the reason. In Wind Jammers, there is more to pay attention to. You can shoot for 3 or 5 point goals (which means you have to be prepared to defend against those as well) and you can also do the drop throws for 2 points. There is also the two power throws (special moves) to pull off and defend. I won't even get into the courts that have the barriers that deflect shots in other directions. That is a lot of a new player to get the hang of at first and is what in the end makes Wind Jammers the better game IMO.

Flip Shot is pretty much just hit the A button when the ball hits your shield. Sure there is a little more to it but it is basically a juiced up Pong. (Which I love)

I guess you are right, but you can still play windjammers without knowing what you're doing and succed, in the other hand flipshot have this crazy properties to each of the characters that is hard to adjust too, for example simon, he's throw is weird as hell.

Windjammers has more strategy, and the special throws are the shit, and yes I do like it better. I guess I see my firends try to play more windjammers than flipshot, and they were new to both games.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
electricgrave said:
I guess you are right, but you can still play windjammers without knowing what you're doing and succed, in the other hand flipshot have this crazy properties to each of the characters that is hard to adjust too, for example simon, he's throw is weird as hell.

Windjammers has more strategy, and the special throws are the shit, and yes I do like it better. I guess I see my firends try to play more windjammers than flipshot, and they were new to both games.

Well in the end, they are both very good games. As I stated, I think that Wind Jammers is the better game. But they are different enough that I enjoy them both. Wind Jammers is by far the more common of the two, so I really wanted to find Flip Shot. I would love to find Bang Bead as well but I am sure that I wouldn't be able to afford it.:D

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Gameoz said:
Well in the end, they are both very good games. As I stated, I think that Wind Jammers is the better game. But they are different enough that I enjoy them both. Wind Jammers is by far the more common of the two, so I really wanted to find Flip Shot. I would love to find Bang Bead as well but I am sure that I wouldn't be able to afford it.:D
I want Bangbead as well, if I can find it that is, but I like flipshot way better than bangbead, and I like WJ way better than flipshot.

Talking baout all this pong games, I wonder if someone has that homebrew pong on a MVS cart? That would be kind of neat to play, just for the hell of it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I got fucked ultraviolently dy DZ on Baseball Stars 2, other than that I tried playing Neo Truf Masters last night, but good old Jack Daniels had me spinning like a virgin ballet dancer last night.