What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
chris1 said:
Just Watched my Son play Metal Slug to the end...on the Big Red.
He wanted to do it himself..

He usually plays one of two levels but today he just kept going with determination.

Pretty sweet seeing how well he plays this game...
unibios?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Originally Posted by chris1
Just Watched my Son play Metal Slug to the end...on the Big Red.
He wanted to do it himself..

He usually plays one of two levels but today he just kept going with determination.

Pretty sweet seeing how well he plays this game...

SnairDogg said:

Standard US bios in the Big Red...Just set on Freeplay etc.
(Candy cab has the unibios chip..)

I usually would play this game with him,leading the way to the last level.......if he isn't playing it alone..

But that time he just goes.."let me do it"....So I let him play alone
After each mission he was jumping in joy....then finished the game and said..
"I did it"

He's been playing Overtop a lot lately...(Candy Cab)
I take a look and he's mastered the slide around the turns and has now/today finished the game..

I just got finished trying to get to the end of Neo Driftout..
I've never played it to the end in the Candy,just the big red..

I have a hard time finishing this game..I doubt he'll be able to do it quite just yet...

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
What have I been playing lately? Glad you asked ;)

When it comes to the Neo front, I've been really bumping up my Magical Drop skills. I only own MD2 right now, but I'm in dire need to purchase MD3. BigPsyche(BigPoppaLarge) & Bulletnyourass really got me hooked on this game at the last Neo gathering.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Metroid Prime
Wind Waker
Animal Crossing

havent touched any neo in a month sub some VS MOTW on the candy.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Didn't get a chance to play anything except the Puzzle Bobble & Puzzle Bobble 2..testing the games after I changed the button layout and sticks in my mini BAM cab..
I took out the US joysticks putting in Sanwas..They look much better....

This cab is only used for those such puzzle games so I don't need the whole MVS button layout.

To do this ,today took a lot of time-drilling etc....and It's still not done just wired/soldered and playable...I still have to add stuff to the Control panel..like Player 1 & 2 stickers etc.(I have)..and maybe some Art.

2004_1211_033708AA.jpg

I also put new sticks in my Tekken 3..so that's done.

Stern4prez

Spaz
:cool: how you doin' NEO GEO PEOPLE!?!.... this is my very 1st post!... name's Ron & well, one of my best friends is the one who created this thread, you may know him- Chris1 .....I've been very busy this past week but finally have found this time to post.... I was over his (Chris1) house this past week real quick playing what we've been playing alot of lately, basically every time I go over even if it's just 1 game - Super Baseball 2020 is the name- & I know how to play the game, pretty damn great too I think.... you see, my good friend has gotten pretty good at the game, learned alot about baseball in the process too thanks to me...(in school I was called Ronnie baseball, my favorite all-time sports icon is Don Mattingly & his nickname is Donnie baseball).... ok however, basically every time we play I whoop his video-game-loving buttox & it's just great.... but, once in a while I must say, we have a really great close game, I personally love those ones where it's like halfway or late in the game and he's winning and I have to come back... it's really a great game for anyone who hasn't tried it - you really should..... we play it on his "candy cab" but personally in my opinion it should be called a "HANDY cab" - that fits better because it's nice and small, compact & it doesn't take up too much space.... ok, now, I jotted down a couple highlights as we sometimes do, along with the scores, of our 2 games this past week, here you go :drool_2: ........................

-GAME 1- I did something we both saw for the 1st time accomplished on the game, I robbed him of a home run by leaping high off the ground at just the right moment in center field, very cool crap.... also another 1st, I actually picked him off at 1st base, for those who don't know much about baseball it's when the pitcher thows it over to catch the runner leading a liiiittle too far off the base.... also there was this insane double play, I dove with my 1st baseman into foul ground to make the catch for the out then threw over to 2nd base for the double play.....
anyway yeah, FINAL SCORE 19-5................

-GAME 2- Probably our most classic yet.... a decent highlight from this game was when i caught the ball at the wall in left field & then JUST got his man out going back to 1st, went too far to 2nd & made him pay with the double play...... well, I was down in this game for most of the game, he was winning 5-4 going into the top of the 9th, which is when I came back... with 2 outs I hit a double to drive in the go-ahead run, 6-5 now!..... all he did then was LOAD THE BASES WITH NO OUTS in the bottom of the 9th against me, but with some good clutch pitching I got out of it, got a double play to end the game, 6-5 FINAL.

hope to see some good replies on this here my very 1st post, take care everybody! :buttrock:

Stern4prez

Spaz
SUPER BASEBALL 2020 - A GAMER'S GAME

lone_REBEL said:
Do U call 2020 a GAME??

:multi_co: I call Super Baseball 2020 not only a game but a GREAT game, under Baseball Stars 2 but still one of the best baseball games I've ever played for any system anywhere, very fun & very addicting especially if you're good.... :buttrock:

I have a quick question for ya pal - what do U think is a great game?!? :loco:

Altered

New Challenger
The 1-slot nearest me (about 20 feet from my place of residence) just switched to Fatal Fury 2, so that.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Finally...I beat my buddy at Super Baseball 2020....giving it everything I had..
I played very well tonight..for once.

The first game we were tie to the end 8 to 8 ,I got a run and won 9 to 8

Lots of weird things happening in the game stuff we've never seen nor done.

Second game we changed the teams...I had a super strong team and he had a horrible team
I beat him 5-3 but he didn't make it easy..held me off..
If he had had that strong team and me the weak team the score seriously would of been something crazy like 35 to 3

third game....
Chose 2 different teams again..I had a decent team of mostly robots...

I was don't fine,in the lead thinking I would take a third game....He just went on fire scoring 14 runs to my 4 runs previous lead.
14 to 4,bottom of the ninth I'm up..
I start a rally and get it up to 14-9...bases loaded and he struck me out ,Game Over he won....

Great night...

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Super Baseball 2020

Well,Ron came over tonight....and BEAT MY ASS again..

10 to 4..

We caught what I would say is a glitch or an unusual thing that happened during the game..
This happened the other day but it wasn't like this..

The other day while I'm ready to pitch a base runner who was just caught comes strolling past the pitcher,running to the right as if he was trying to get to a dugout that's on the tight side of the screen..
He was late as the previous screen shown me getting him out and him strolling away..(Robot)..I was into my pitch when he ran past..(interference)..
It's like the game didn't remember the first time that he strolled to the right and went to the dugout before the pitching screen came about..
In the previous screen he was clearly to the right past the picture already yet in the next screen he's yet to pass the pitcher..
Tonight..
This happened again,he ran to the right late (Robot).....but this time he never stayed to the right..he then ran to the left then back to the right,back and forth several times strolling up until he got past the second base screen where he could no longer be seen..
We were cracking up just sitting there watching this,like WTF!?!?...A pitch was even thrown since if you leave the pitcher unattended for too long then they'll pitch by themselves.
I ran to get a camera but I could only catch him when he was up near second base..(hardly seen)\\

2004_1213_202322AA.jpg

Ackula

Mr. Big's Thug
Mostly I've been playing Real Bout Special as of late, my little brother comes over and I try best I can to teach him the combos and special moves/super moves. He is getting pretty good, and can actually beat me from time to time when I pick a character I usually do not play much..such as Franco Bash. This game is really a great game for me all these years later, it never seems to get old, I've even got my wife hooked playing it with us alot of nights now, she fares well for a beginner, but gets easily aggitated at getting beaten..so I let her win once and a while :tickled:

She can actually beat my little brother now usually when she is using Billy Cane or Mai, that is until he picks Geese Howard and owns her with cheapness. Anyways thats my boring little "game I'm playing the most" story, continue on with the thread :loco:

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
Daily = none
Weekends = SSIV and ROTD (Sunday) My only time away from work and the computer :mad_2:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Neo-wise I've been playing Slug 3, KoF2k1 and a bit of FFS.

Right now I'm playing the Slug 3 extra missions/mini games on Xbox, really nice stuff there.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I'm about to put Baseball Stars "Professional" in the Candy cab..leaving in Super Baseball 2020 but taking out Flip Shot.

I've just never given this game any MVS Cab time play nor AES.

This is a blind choice in a Baseball game to play against my friend...other then the usual Super Baseball 2020 or even Baseball Stars 2.
He's never played it.

I think he might hate it. .but the challenge of both of us not knowing the game will provide some great gaming.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Right now I have RBFF and MSlug1 in my 2 slot, since I got both recently.

[OCEAN]

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Right now playing SS and SS2, and totally loving it.

Damn the AI pressure game in SS2. It's good, damn good. I have to keep my foot on the ground at all times or eat tons of damage.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
bokmeow said:
Right now playing SS and SS2, and totally loving it.

Damn the AI pressure game in SS2. It's good, damn good. I have to keep my foot on the ground at all times or eat tons of damage.

haohmaru juggled me from a sempu-retsuzan into a weapon breaker.

I was so pissed i turned it off and left.