What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

T. J.エs shanty

Zero's Secretary
Metal Slug 2, both Turbo and Standard...Turbo is a plus...Standard feels easier but I still can't 1CC it...

MS2 is definitely my favorite Slug, prefer it even to the Original. It may not have as much destructible background objects as the first one, but i still prefer it for the added verticality in the stage design...

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Been playing Real Bout Special recently. Superb 2 player fighter. Love the fluidity of the combo system and the frantic pace of the matches.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Prehistoric Isle 2 and Strikers 1945 Plus. Working on a 1CC of both games, Prehistoric Isle 2 is much easier lol.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've been playing Burning Fight recently. I don't know why it has such a bad reputation, I've been enjoying it. It's certainly no Sengoku 2 or Final Fight, but it's pretty fun.

mourix

n00b
It's a bit cheesy but I'm addicted to Puzzle Bobble again. Can't get that theme out of my head...

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Mostly Puzzle Bubble and the occasional one credit of Street Slam (Taiwan, every time). I love the lyrical soundtrack for SS, even if it's cheesy as hell. Work that ball!

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Just got Magician Lord... Played it for a bit tonight. Wow, that is a tough game! Fun, but brutal.

I'll give it another go tomorrow night. I like the transformations of the magician.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Finished: Puzzle Bobble.

Finishing: Fatal Fury 1 with all characters, may try to 1cc all.

Moving on to either Fatal Fury Special, SamSho 1 or TPG next.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
current line up

Leauge Bowling
Cyber Lip
Mutation Nation
Shock Troopers
Ninja Master's
Blazing Star

AESGuy

New Challenger
Loosing my shit over Viewpoint...great game but boy can it get frustrating...

Got VP recently and its such a blast. I love this Hyper Visual Shooting game but its really tough. Played a few hours and I cant beat the third boss yet. Need more practice:)
Playing also KoF 95.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've been playing KOF 02 this week, thanks to bogard here on the forum.

I got straight to the boss without a continue and then got my ass kicked by Rugal, that cheap bastard!

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Made a thread about this in the GD section since I did not see this thread. I posted up saying that it should be closed and that I would post what I had in here:

Currently, I'm playing a few titles: Spin Master, Nam 1975, Bang Bang Busters, and Zupapa!

A few thoughts, not sure why a lot of the people I have talked to shit on Nam 1975. The game is actually pretty fucking cool! I'm currently trying to get through the game, then get to the last boss, and kill the last boss without dying lol. It really is interesting since you've only able to move left and right, but with the other mechanics you have (run and evasive roll) there is a lot of depth to it. I am really liking this game. I'll post up more on the others once I play a good amount more on them.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Who talks shit about Nam 1975? It's considered a classic and has most certainly stood the test of time.

Was hearing it mostly from older guys. Maybe they were comparing it to games that were out at the time(?) I am interested as well since after playing the game it has got me hooked.

firenze

n00b
I've gotten more into World Heroes 2 Jet this month than I ever have... Though tonight I moved on to WH Perfect, maybe I'll stick with that for a while.

Before that, Samurai Spirits 3 took up residence in my AES and didn't leave for a while - off and on play for most of April. I've always found 3 the most flawed of the Neo series, yet it's the one I tend to pick up more often than not. Perhaps it's just the aesthetic qualities, I dig the dark look, character portraits, and ambient sound in SS3 quite a bit.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Revisited Waku 7, had a great time with Tesse, especially the mirror match was funny, both of us throwing all those silly things at each other ;).

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Still waiting for my Omega... my stack of MVS carts is just taunting me.

So I'm playing the Neo Geo CD

Super Baseball 2020
Football Frenzy
Pulstar
Puzzle Bobble
Fatal Fury 3 (surprisingly tolerable load times, especially compared to SamSho1)

I can't wait to fire up some Waku Waku 7, Last Blade, Metal Slug X, and KOF 98 when the Omega arrives

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I just played Burning Fight for the first time...I can't imagine it would've been a good game back when it was released. Overall pretty generic, animation is crap, action is super repetitive though I suppose that goes w/the genre to some degree. It seems like they've got a lot of the makings of a good beat em up, it just falls flat for me.