What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
Well said. Still X>2. If 2 played as smooth as X then 2>X but no, it's not happening and so it is the undeniable truth that X>2.

Does anyone know if an accelerator chip was used to fix the slowdown in X? Or was this just done through programming tricks?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Does anyone know if an accelerator chip was used to fix the slowdown in X? Or was this just done through programming tricks?

No accelerator chips at all, neo geo carts only contain rom chips (and an altera, used for encryption), no coprocessors like the SNES.

Regards.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
No accelerator chips at all, neo geo carts only contain rom chips (and an altera, used for encryption), no coprocessors like the SNES.

Regards.

Not true that they only contain ROM chips and an Altera. Also the Altera does more than just the copy protection.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Best way to play Slug games IMO is only using 1 credit, if you use that up, start over again. You'll learn exactly what to do so you can eventually start blowing through the early stages quite easily and maximizing your score. Credit feeding does nothing to improve your skill.

Actually on my MVS cabinet that's how I play (1 credit). However on an online game I prefer an AES setup (4 credits) simply because it's a major pain to get games going in the 1st place online. Without the limit it's boring to play I agree.

madman

Actually on my MVS cabinet that's how I play (1 credit). However on an online game I prefer an AES setup (4 credits) simply because it's a major pain to get games going in the 1st place online. Without the limit it's boring to play I agree.

Yeah, that makes sense. That's how I play MS1 and MS2 on CD, just use the built in credit system. I just meant that credit feeding on MVS is a poor way to improve skills. Fun when you have casual gamer friends over and just want to blow shit up, though.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Playing Neo Turf Masters, Bust-A-Move Again, Last Blade, Blazing Star and just finished Top Hunter

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Played quite a few rounds of Magical Drop 2 & 3 versus a friend yesterday. Not sure which I prefer, 3 has that extra button to add lines, but 2 has that great sound when you make an input error lol. Regardless, they are the most fun versus puzzle games I’ve ever played.

Also played many matches of KoF98, I’d say it was pretty even. My opponent used Athena, Lucky, Brian, Chizuru, Iori, and Goro. I stuck with my Mature, Kenzou, and Yuri team. I think I’ll try to learn Chris, Yamazaki, and another character soon.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Last blade 2. The levels are gorgeous, the fire level is a blast on a 29 inch screen with stereo sound. Love the new characters so far. Hibiki and Setsuna are powerfull and easy characters to play with. I wish i could say the same about Kagami (final boss in the first game) but i'm not as good with him. The game also has the best intro i have seen in any game as well.

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
Been playing Blue's Journey. I've heard some people hate on this game but I've always thought it was a cool and likeable platformer. The graphics may be simple by Neo standards but I've always liked them. Very colorful and similar to Ristar on the Genesis/megadrive. Finally playing it on the Aes instead of emulation.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Been playing Blue's Journey. I've heard some people hate on this game but I've always thought it was a cool and likeable platformer. The graphics may be simple by Neo standards but I've always liked them. Very colorful and similar to Ristar on the Genesis/megadrive. Finally playing it on the Aes instead of emulation.

Blue's Journey definitely has its own quirky charm. Probably be my next AES purchase since its unique and relatively cheap. Also i believe its slightly cheaper on AES. I wish the neo geo had more platformers.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
After reading through someone else's post I took Fatal Fury Special off the shelf and have been playing that a bit over the past couple days.

madman

Blue's Journey definitely has its own quirky charm. Probably be my next AES purchase since its unique and relatively cheap. Also i believe its slightly cheaper on AES. I wish the neo geo had more platformers.

I haven't played Blue's Journey yet (have it on Neo CD), but I think Spin Master is probably the best platformer style game on the Neo. Top Hunter is OK.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I have a feeling Neo Turf Masters won't leave my cabinet for a while. My wife saw me playing it today and remembered that I used to play it on CD at our first apartment 15 years ago.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Finished a 1 CC run of Puzzle Bobble 2
Spoiler:
7743c15ab89a7855208c0f41037194bd.jpg
d76dca80031eda3bcac503fdf5a33501.jpg
55d9cefb43823f2bfb0c4af6d7abb65e.jpg
43c8574632388e6b232844335bcb5768.jpg