What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
Recommendations on what? How to play King of the Monsters? Where to find a copy of BS2?

Sorry. To clarify, I meant recommendations on what might be a good game for me to try next. I was thinking trying out a sports game like BS2 (but I never was much of a sports game person) or go for another fighting game like maybe a Fatal Fury or KOF game. I haven't played some of the more obscure games in the Neo Geo library so I wanted to see if there were some hidden gems.

Last edited:

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
Been playing quite a bit of Neo the past couple days. Some Last Blade, some Shock Troopers and a lot of League Bowling. I wasn't expecting much from League Bowling at first but I find it very addictive, especially multiplayer.

Also been playing that Metal Slug game for Game Boy Advance.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Sorry. To clarify, I meant recommendations on what might be a good game for me to try next. I was thinking trying out a sports game like BS2 (but I never was much of a sports game person) or go for another fighting game like maybe a Fatal Fury or KOF game. I haven't played some of the more obscure games in the Neo Geo library so I wanted to see if there were some hidden gems.

Hard to say without knowing what you have today. BS2 is a great arcade style baseball game. Neo Turf Masters is the greatest golf game ever. League Bowling is a really fun game. Puzzle Bobble is a must have on the Neo, even people who aren't gamers love it. Windjammers is a gem, but pricey these days. Buy Metal Slug and Metal Slug X.

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
Hard to say without knowing what you have today. BS2 is a great arcade style baseball game. Neo Turf Masters is the greatest golf game ever. League Bowling is a really fun game. Puzzle Bobble is a must have on the Neo, even people who aren't gamers love it. Windjammers is a gem, but pricey these days. Buy Metal Slug and Metal Slug X.

I've got Samurai Shodown 2 and King of the Monsters on AES. Extensive library, I know. I don't think I will ever afford Neo Turf Masters or the Metal Slug games but thank you for the recommendations. I think I'll see if I can find a copy of League Bowling or Windjammers -- seems fun from the gameplay footage on Youtube. (Alternatively, I may save up for an MVS setup or Neo Geo CD...haven't decided yet)

Last edited:

madman

I've got Samurai Shodown 2 and King of the Monsters on AES. Extensive library, I know. I don't think I will ever afford Neo Turf Masters or the Metal Slug games but thank you for the recommendations. I think I'll see if I can find a copy of League Bowling or Windjammers -- seems fun from the gameplay footage on Youtube. (Alternatively, I may save up for an MVS setup or Neo Geo CD...haven't decided yet)

Buy a consolized MVS so you can actually play the best games on the system without spending 10s of thousands of dollars.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Supergun and 1slot is another good alternative for going the MVS route. Then you’ll also have the option of getting other JAMMA games in the future.

I’d recommend either magical drop 2 or 3, especially if you have someone to play against.

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
Buy a consolized MVS so you can actually play the best games on the system without spending 10s of thousands of dollars.

Yeah I was looking at the Omega MVS system -- it looks pretty sleek with the AES-type styling.

I’d recommend either magical drop 2 or 3, especially if you have someone to play against.

I never played Magical Drop -- but I think I have a version of it on one my of wii complication disks somewhere. Looks kind of like bust-a-move.

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Been on a Metal Slug kick. Been trying to get online games going on Metal Slug 1. It seems like PS3 is the only one people want to play (including fightcade). Bought Metal Slug 2 just because Metal Slug 1 gets action. Someone showed up on a good connection but left early. Oh well guess I will play on mvs some more.

madman

Yeah I was looking at the Omega MVS system -- it looks pretty sleek with the AES-type styling.
An Omega just went up in the FS section. You've already got the AES joysticks so you'd be set.

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
An Omega just went up in the FS section. You've already got the AES joysticks so you'd be set.

Will I get scolded for being a newbie and sending a PM? I guess I'll find out...

Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

madman

Will I get scolded for being a newbie and sending a PM? I guess I'll find out...

Thanks for the heads up!

You've been here for 2 months and have been contributing, I don't think anyone will knock you for that. Although you never know around here. I picked up an Omega and it's great, you won't be disappointed!

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
You've been here for 2 months and have been contributing, I don't think anyone will knock you for that. Although you never know around here. I picked up an Omega and it's great, you won't be disappointed!

lol, that's because I've only had my AES for 2 months, and only 1 game for most of that time. On the plus side, I've gotten really good at Samurai Shodown II. =p

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I've always been a X>2 kind of guy because I couldn't get around the slowdown and none of my friends really wanted to play it either. I only really got into the 1st couple of levels honestly. Yesterday I ran into a really good MS2 player online and had a blast playing it. So much so I might rethink X>2. Though I want to try to play MSX soon to compare. Hopefully online.

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
I've been playing Real Bout Fatal Fury Special for the first time this week. Better late than never I suppose, as this is one of the best fighting games I've ever played in my life.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
^Yeah, MS2 had a good footprint but a horrible finished product, so X is the better end product, although MS2 Turbo (I think that's what they're calling it) it's not bad at all but X is still the smoother, more pleasant game even if it's harder.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I've been playing Real Bout Fatal Fury Special for the first time this week. Better late than never I suppose, as this is one of the best fighting games I've ever played in my life.

Do you own it on MVS? Maybe you should bring it over to my place, I’m in Easthampton. I’ve never played it either and have been meaning to give it a whirl.
Been playing KoF98 still. Getting to Rugal on 1 credit, but then blow it pretty hard.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
What?! You're in for a treat Chempoodles, best fighting game ever right next to ST, hands down!

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
What?! You're in for a treat Chempoodles, best fighting game ever right next to ST, hands down!
Definitely agree. I didn't get a chance to play this until about 2 years ago. Instantly became my favorite neo fighter. Love the button configuration, and the sprites are top notch.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
There is nothing to rethink. Your original thinking is correct.

Well I never had that much fun w/ X before. I played it with friends and once or twice online, but I can't remember ever thinking it was anything more then ok.

I've been playing Metal Slug games more often and finding an expert in the game tends to make it more fun. I haven't made up my mind till I play more, but IMO I can see why people like 2 more.

madman

Well I never had that much fun w/ X before. I played it with friends and once or twice online, but I can't remember ever thinking it was anything more then ok.

I've been playing Metal Slug games more often and finding an expert in the game tends to make it more fun. I haven't made up my mind till I play more, but IMO I can see why people like 2 more.

Best way to play Slug games IMO is only using 1 credit, if you use that up, start over again. You'll learn exactly what to do so you can eventually start blowing through the early stages quite easily and maximizing your score. Credit feeding does nothing to improve your skill.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Well said. Still X>2. If 2 played as smooth as X then 2>X but no, it's not happening and so it is the undeniable truth that X>2.