What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
I've been playing Metal SLug X this week and after this it will be MS2 to see a bit how many differences are between them (apart of the slowdown which will also be interesting to see how faster is X than 2)

Oooh someone from Barcelona :3

JLZ

Rugal's Thug
I've been playing metal slug x and metal slug 3.

I can get to the end of the train level on one credit in x, and get to just before the boss on level 3 of slug 3.

I want to 1cc them one day.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I played through all of Metal Slug tonight. God, I love that game.

JLZ

Rugal's Thug
One one credit? You're better than me at slug 1 then!

I can never get past the guy with the machine gun on the snowy stage

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm trying to beat Fatal Fury 3 on one credit on MVS level.

At the moment, i can get to the second fighting with R.Yamazaki

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
One one credit? You're better than me at slug 1 then!

I can never get past the guy with the machine gun on the snowy stage

Ha, no! We're in about the same boat using a single credit. I had to use quite a few credits to complete the game. Sometimes I only play one-credit runs, but occasionally I like to go through and finish it.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Been playing SVC: Chaos and Magician Lord. Two games people tend to hate, I love em both =) The max power cheat on Magician Lord makes things a little less hair pulling inducing in the later levels hehe.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Playing a ton of Magical Drop II lately. The GF and I are both pretty good at it so it makes for great battles.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Introduced my brother to Neo Turf Masters, we played a few rounds and agree its such a fun time.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Playing Sengoku 2 and TSS on the Neo Geo CD. It's great to hold that CD controller again after all these months of playing MVS. Seimitsu LS-32-01 joystick with Sanwa buttons is still my favorite in playing Neo Geo games tough.

I had really high hopes for Sengoku 2 and it's a really great game but i do find the lack of combos and the need in switching those characters a little disturbing. Why have those other forms in the game when there is no real need to switch. However, the design of the enemies and bosses are extremely well done and it's in this department where the game truly shines.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Playing Sengoku 2 and TSS on the Neo Geo CD. It's great to hold that CD controller again after all these months of playing MVS. Seimitsu LS-32-01 joystick with Sanwa buttons is still my favorite in playing Neo Geo games tough.

I had really high hopes for Sengoku 2 and it's a really great game but i do find the lack of combos and the need in switching those characters a little disturbing. Why have those other forms in the game when there is no real need to switch. However, the design of the enemies and bosses are extremely well done and it's in this department where the game truly shines.

charge motherfuckin shot

Bill Kilgore

charge motherfuckin shot

I know press :A::B::C: but i like to have just a bit more. You also get a slash and a side slash but why should you use one over the other (except in the horse stages where it actually matters). Like i said the games gives you 'some' options but it doesn't give the need to use them all (i.e. slash or side slash or the different forms).

Maybe i should try Sengoku 3 because the combat seems more fluid and there's lot's of combo's, but i heard that is one game you don't like. What are the pro's and cons in Sengoku 3 in you opinion?

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I've been playing Ninja Combat, Art of Fighting, and Art of Fighting 2 as of late. I should be getting my AES copy of King of Fighters '96 in a few days, so I will indulge in that too.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
You also get a slash and a side slash but why should you use one over the other (except in the horse stages where it actually matters). Like i said the games gives you 'some' options but it doesn't give the need to use them all (i.e. slash or side slash or the different forms).

You're absolutely right. Almost all of the tools in Sengoku 2 are useless. I addressed this is some thread not long ago..

Maybe i should try Sengoku 3 because the combat seems more fluid and there's lot's of combo's, but i heard that is one game you don't like. What are the pro's and cons in Sengoku 3 in you opinion?

Who told you I didn't like Sengoku 3, RAZO?

Oh! Here's that thread.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...y-AES-Double-Dragon-CIB-for-AES-SENGOKU-2-CIB

Last edited:

Bill Kilgore

Who told you I didn't like Sengoku 3, RAZO?

Oh! Here's that thread.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...y-AES-Double-Dragon-CIB-for-AES-SENGOKU-2-CIB

Actually i got it from this thread (i hardly ever check the market place here but might do more in the future): http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?255759-Tis-the-season&referrerid=59159

I thought that you hated the game so much that no-one should play it. So when RAZO would have it for Christmas you would be pissed off. Now i see he posted after the thread you just posted :D.

I always thought that Sengoku 3 would have more replay value because of the combo's and multiple characters. I see you share my point of view then. This game gets way to much hate for some reason. Sure some of the backgrounds are not that good but to me it's the gameplay that matters, which seems to be rock-solid (judging from YT videos that is). This and Garou are 2 titles i would spend some serious coin on, mind you that i have never spend more then 65 euros for any game.

Last edited:

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
After the earlier posting today, I played a game of Football Frenzy on the AES and I slaughtered the computer by a score of 70-6, playing 3 minute quarters and I also played a quick game of Super Baseball 2020. I enjoy playing the sports titles for a quick game.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I've lost so many games of Super Baseball 2020 it's sad. I'll stick to Blazing Star for now.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
yesterday I played Mutation Nation. Big sprites, crazy enemies und fun Beat´em up, like this game

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I got to introduce a few relatives to the Neo over the holidays and went with Windjammers, Neo Turf Masters, Metal Slug, and MOTW in my 4-slot. All of those games went over well.

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
Today i have been playing some Street Hoop on Neo Cd, great and funny game¡¡¡

I would love to get AES version but in this moment it is rare to find.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I've been playing match of the Millennium on ngpc the past week. Man I love this game. It has to be the best handheld fighter of all time.

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
I haven't played any Neo Geo game on even a weekly basis for over a year, but I always like to come back to Alpha Mission II, NAM 1975, Samurai Shodown IV, and of course all of the Metal Slugs from time to time. My personal collection is tiny, and the current laptop I'm using is so old and crappy it has trouble running emulators. Kinda sucks.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Bumping my old thread ..happy new year 2015 ..

I picked up a multicart 161..though I still own a ton of original carts this has some games on it I no longer own and miss ..with "Chris1 being 13 now we've been playing a lot of neo ,
Ended the year 2014 with Bang Bead ..