What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
NAM, I'm trying to increase my roll skill through the heavy rains of fire ...NIGHTMARE...

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Metal Slug 2 is the Metal Slug I really never play. I prefer to play to Metal Slug 1, X or 3.
Imo the slowdown are killing the game.

Why do you play to the 2nde episode? Is there a specific reason?
Maybe I'm missing something cool.

I recently picked up Metal Slug 2 (my last to complete the series), and I've been playing through it pretty regularly over the last week or so. As others have stated before, it's a really fun 1-player game. The slowdown ruins it with two players, but it's not bad enough to spoil the action solo.

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I purchase Metal Slug 2 long time after Metal Slug X so maybe that's why the slowdowns shocked me.
I'll give it a chance next time I will play to a Metal Slug I will choose this one and I'll tell you what I think about it.
Maybe it will be better than in my memory and after all that's still Metal Slug :)

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
Playing Top Hunter. It is a fun colorful game but the mini boss battles are tedious since it is the same pirate over and over and over....

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Playing a bunch of puzzle de pon now. My attempts at 1cc still are nowhere near paying off, but my bubble shooting skills are progressing steadily.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Playing Top Hunter. It is a fun colorful game but the mini boss battles are tedious since it is the same pirate over and over and over....

Put those mini bosses away with special moves. They're a PITA if you're just hitting them normally.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Played my first Metal Slug game tonight... Metal Slug 3 (mvs cart). Gotta say, it surprised the hell out of me. I'd heard it was good, but it's damn good. wasn't totally sold on it from stage 1, but stage 2's zombie insanity and the fact that the character could turn into one just blew me away. My god, the amount of sprite animation in the game is insane.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Played my first Metal Slug game tonight... Metal Slug 3 (mvs cart). Gotta say, it surprised the hell out of me. I'd heard it was good, but it's damn good. wasn't totally sold on it from stage 1, but stage 2's zombie insanity and the fact that the character could turn into one just blew me away. My god, the amount of sprite animation in the game is insane.

Metal Slug 3 is my favorite, though i only have MS 1 and X to compare it with. Have you discovered the ice cave yet? If not, you are in for a treat when you do...

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
Trying to 1cc Shock Troopers. It shouldn't be that hard, but I kinda suck at it right now.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Metal Slug 3 is my favorite, though i only have MS 1 and X to compare it with. Have you discovered the ice cave yet? If not, you are in for a treat when you do...

Not yet. I only credit feed up to the end of stage 2 just to get the general hang of the weapon system and general gameplay. Going to try and take it a stage at a time to get the hang of it instead of rushing to the end. Can't wait!

DeusVult

Another Striker

zombie stage on MS3 is one my favourite metal slug stages, music if great also

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I was playing MS3 last night. Found two new paths, this was my second or 3rd time playing it. Trying to not spoil all the paths, hoping to gradually find them. I died for the first time to one of those flying bugs, holy crap that death animation then just plop and thunk hahaha.

MoriyaMinakata

Stakes Winner 2
15 Year Member
Played Magical Drop 3 and I can't figure out how I can be so bad at this game after all the time I played it. >.<

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Puzzle de Pon/R - fun game, but they fcuked the difficulty level on this one big time. First two stages = piece of cake. Third stage = tough as nails - inserted well over 20 credits and still got nowhere. Not enough time + starts off just above the game over line.

Popped in Magical Drop 2 the other day. Took a few credits to shake off the rust, but then it all came back to me. I had no idea that there was an ending when you finish in with region set to Japan after all of these years.

Also that week I played Strikers 1945, Metal Slug 5, Aero Fighters 3, Ragnagard, and Aggressors of Dark Combat...not crazy about those last two, but otherwise good times.

Puzzle de Pon/R - fun game, but they fcuked the difficulty level on this one big time. First two stages = piece of cake. Third stage = tough as nails - inserted well over 20 credits and still got nowhere. Not enough time + starts off just above the game over line.

That one takes some patience and the whole thing where colors closer to the bottom become more likely to come out of the ball hopper can really screw you over if you miss a shot.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Had the nephews over today:

1. Wind Jammers
  2. Last Blade

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
That one takes some patience and the whole thing where colors closer to the bottom become more likely to come out of the ball hopper can really screw you over if you miss a shot.

The general problem is that the default time limit is so ridiculously short that it makes the completion of some stages pretty much impossible unless you are very lucky in terms of the colours of the balls you are given + don’t waste virtually any time aiming + 100% accurate shot.
Good thing Unibios allows to turn off the time limit – it then becomes a much more peaceful / chillout kind of a game without having to worry that that annoying clock.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Playing Pulstar, Aggressors of Dark Kombat, The Last Blade, and Ninja Combat over the Labor Day weekend.