What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Running through Metal Slug Anthology again. The original Metal Slug Trilogy will always be one of the best trilogies in the history of gaming. After all these years I have never gotten sick of them.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Yeah sorry, that was a dumb slip on my part. Puzzle de Pon. There's some really frustrating shots late in the game that require a level of accuracy that I can't seem to do with my stick. My only hope was to wait for the arrow power-ups.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Running through Metal Slug Anthology again. The original Metal Slug Trilogy will always be one of the best trilogies in the history of gaming. After all these years I have never gotten sick of them.
Which trilogy do you mean, 1,2,X, or 1,2,3? IMO Metal Slug 1,2 and X are better than 3 (3 is much harder to 1cc).

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
I've always played Baseball Stars 2 as my go to game, but I just started getting into 2020. They are such similar games; but 2020 is kicking my ass and the batting is taking some time to get used to.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
Still playing a shit-ton of king of fighters, mainly 99. I think I have to say 99 > 98. 98 is great but I really enjoy the strikers, the only down fall with 99 is how they removed the back roll and replaced it with that whole dash back and then forward thing.
It's a bit late, but I realised you can cancel the dash-forward from that two-part backdash. If you input a command move (qcf + P for example) during the backwards part, the move will come out and cancel the forward dash.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I got Metal Slug x, Metal Slug 3, Blazing Star and Kof '97 inserted in my Super Neo 29 candy cab.
So far i'm really into Blazing star and Metal Slug X.
Metal Slug 3 gets really difficult but i like it none the less.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Practicing for a high score contest on Blazing Star! Finished the game but trying to get a high score is another thing! Lovely game!

Bill Kilgore

Practicing for a high score contest on Blazing Star! Finished the game but trying to get a high score is another thing! Lovely game!

I always loved horizontal shooters more then vertical ones.
How manny continues did you use? Or did you 1CC it?

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I got Metal Slug x, Metal Slug 3, Blazing Star and Kof '97 inserted in my Super Neo 29 candy cab.
So far i'm really into Blazing star and Metal Slug X.
Metal Slug 3 gets really difficult but i like it none the less.

I can't beat the final level of metal slug with only 20 credits.

Bill Kilgore

I can't beat the final level of metal slug with only 20 credits.

Yeah i'm no pro in these games at all.
In fact my first playthrough with Metal Slug 3 costed me 32 credits.
But that doesn't mean i don't enjoy it. :glee:
So far i'm trying to discover all the different paths.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I always loved horizontal shooters more then vertical ones.
How manny continues did you use? Or did you 1CC it?

I used lots when I finished it... I can get to Stage 3 on one credit so far, but should be able to get to Stage 4 with not much more practice... I'm only hitting 1 million points so far, so lots of work need here.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
The wife and I played Puzzle Bobble for an hour or so. Considering she hardly ever plays video games and almost every match was down to the wire I still want to know how puzzle games are easy for women to pick up.

marcio1986

Cheng's Errand Boy
Not that I have much of choice, since I still dont own any MVS cart (despite I already bought a few, they just didn't arrive yet) I've been playing SPIIIN MASTER god I love this game (spent tons of coins playing it as a kid) and KoF 97 thanks to 2 very generous loans from Atros (this dude got me into this and thank god he did it).

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Playing a ton of Breakers Revenge and MOTW with short breaks for Knight's Chance.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Playing Waku Waku 7 and Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer, which isn't that bad.

Adooration

n00b
Just got my hands on my AES, so I'm finally able to play a few games I've wanted for years

Mainly I play Magician Lord to get used to the controlls (which are simply amazing), and eventhough it has its flaws, I simply love it.

I play a bunch of Sengoku when I have friends over. I love that game co-op (singleplayer is also damn good, though). Have a bunch of fighters as well, but I haven't sat Down and gotten sucked into one of them yet, though I really, really enjoy the different planes-mechanic on my Fatal Fury-games (FF2 and FFSpecial), and Samurai Spirits is simply Close.-to-Perfect.

Mainly, I just turn on my NeoGeo whenever I can and I play the first game I can grab. Man, I love this consolle to death