What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Matrimelee for the first time. Made it to the Princess and got annihilated.
YEAH, SHE'S A SLAG...
best of using the Monk (can't remember his name right now). Back into a corner and wait for her to 'frog' you. She'll then come in with her jack-in-a-box technique. When she does, use Monk-mans 'mock' Hien-Shippukyaku with D to take her up into the air and then down! Rinse and repeat to victory. Sadly, you have to be the cpu to beat the cpu sometimes. Wholly unsatisfying, but unavoidable...

----------

ANYWAY...
I acquired KOF 97 recently and have been really enjoying it. Feels a bit weird though, the lack of actual music that is. I'll get used to it. Not sure if it's the norm, but I was horrified by the amount of slowdown Kyo's rekka combo's generate (and Iori's DP). Pretty broken tbh. Should it do this, or is something amiss with my copy? I doubt it, but it's always worth asking...

man9child

Rugal's Thug
Fatal Fury. I love the game, but it has the worst bonus stages ever. I refuse to arm wrestle that stupid machine. I'm willing to bet anyone with an AES controller where the A button sticks can blame that stupid arm wrestling.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I can't get enuf Metal Slug 1/3. I find X to be a huge improvement over 2, but still too much slowdown for my taste.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury. I love the game, but it has the worst bonus stages ever. I refuse to arm wrestle that stupid machine. I'm willing to bet anyone with an AES controller where the A button sticks can blame that stupid arm wrestling.

Agreed. Fuck this arm wrestling, I'm not breaking my controller for that shit.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If you were playing games like King of the Monsters, you'd be mashing the whole way through, not just in the bonus stages. XD

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Agreed. Fuck this arm wrestling, I'm not breaking my controller for that shit.

So you dont play any shooters like Pulstar or Blazing Star? Strikers or Aero Fighters? No Metal Slug?? The controllers are built a hell of alot tougher than youre giving them credit for.
If you were playing games like King of the Monsters, you'd be mashing the whole way through, not just in the bonus stages. XD
Yep, there is loads of games with button bash!! ;)

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
King of the Monsters was a big time button masher for me, but thats the point of this game.

I think GohanX is saying he would rather not mash on his controller for a mere bonus stage, and super lame one at that.

It no where near as badass as Capcom's Final Fight car smashing. "Oh my god!"
Or even mindless fun like Midway's Mortal Kombat block smashing. "Test your might!"

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
He might be, but it wont do any damage that cant be fixed easily though.

Did you ever do the "test your might" on the ruby block?

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Ha ha I did do the ruby block... I even smashed it! The diamond however, I was pounding on them LP+LK buttons but I never broke it. As I recall the control panel plexi was even flexing under the extreme mashing intensity. Glad I didn't own that cab, it took some real abuse at my local arcade back in the day.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
I recently got MVS carts of Shock Troopers 1 and Last Blade 2.

I played Shock Troopers with my dad. He used to be better than me at Commando for the Atari 7800 when I was very little, so he enjoyed Shock Troopers. I've played it a little bit more since then by myself, and I still like it.

I love Last Blade 2, but it's been so long since I played it that I forget how to be effective. I still love it, though.

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
Panda, sell me a Pulstar!

Mainly playing Money Puzzle Exchanger, Puzzle Bobble, Real Bout Special and KoF97/98.

A little of everything honestly, I've been going through my collection cleaning my carts.