What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
World Heroes Perfect. Love it, no matter what people say :buttrock:

I like WHP. I still play it from time to time on my Saturn. I'd like to someday get it for MVS, just after I get Breakers Revenge and Mark of the Wolves.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
just got my thrash rally, crossed swords, and double dragon from thom today. I gots me some testin' to do.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Ninja Masters. Holy shit; I was late to the party on this one.

*hugs xrombox*

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Sorry Dude I missed your reply. I have managed to acquire a FF Wild Ambition but it won't arrive until next week. After your recommendation I'm really looking forward to playing it. Does it have a story? One of the things I liked about the series as I went through them was the stories and to be honest that was the only fault I could really find with RBFF2 ie the lack of story. I don't have a JAMMA set up at the moment. I only just started gaming again after maybe an 8 year absence. It's definately something I'm going to do when I settle down somewhere but at the moment I'm busy working and travelling so I don't have anywhwere to call home!
What's your favorite of the series? I presume you love FFS? I must confess I've still been playing FF alot. I just love getting to Geese with his music and whatnot even though the game is dated. It seems alot of people are split on the RB games. Though they all seem different enough to me to warrant owning. I don't think anything makes one of the others redundant.

Anyway, back on topic! This weekend I've been going through the early KOF games and I must say it's been fantastic. I think someone said in this thread that they don't get going till KOF 96 or so but I can't agree with that. I played through 94-97 and they just put a big cheesy grin on my face. I was surprised how much I liked 94-95 to be honest. They were a little difficult for me but I loved the music and background design even if the presentation had been upped in later releases. Loved going up in the elevator, the crashed airplane in the background and the forest stage. Some of the BGM was fantastic, even if some of the SE were a bit rough. Loved the presentation on 97 but found that the more ambient stripped down music left me a bit cold after some of the killer tunes on the other games. Will have to give it a couple more hours before I pass judgement though. All in all a top weekend!
Next weekend = Samurai Spirits 1-6 methinks!

You're in for a treat if you got the FFWA PSX port, it has a great intro that gives a little story, not a lot but it's well worth it. Fatal Fury Special is my favorite Neo game so you def guessed right. To me every single FF game is worth owning, but that's just me.

I agree with you on the KOF talk, specially with KOF '95 which is my favorite KOF and the first I ever owned.

On the Samsho matters, I think you're gonna have a blast, I happen to think the same way about samshos, they're all worth owning. Best of luck!

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
You're in for a treat if you got the FFWA PSX port, it has a great intro that gives a little story, not a lot but it's well worth it. Fatal Fury Special is my favorite Neo game so you def guessed right. To me every single FF game is worth owning, but that's just me.

I'm actually playing Fatal Fury Special right now. I just got the cart a few days ago. I have it for SNES, as well, and for some reason I'm much better at that version. I'm still getting used to arcade controls for fighting games. The CPU has been kicking my ass, namely Terry and Cheng. I normally beat two or three guys and then get bested by one of them. Fun game, though. I can see myself playing it for quite a while.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
KOF '98 and some Sengoku 3. I find Sengoku 3 tough to really get into. It's so bloody repetitive and frustrating but it looks great though.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I randomly popped in Neo Turf Masters today, and got a hole in one! FUCK YEAH!

Anselm

Camel Slug
Been playing Baseball Stars 2.

I beat the computer 93 to 32 on game 8, default settings.

~Anselm~

Yun

New Challenger
Playing Samurai Shodown III and KOF 99 on the emulator with TV out... The Neo Geo games look so gorgeous on my crt TV, much better than on the pc monitor. Long live Neo Geo and the emulators.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
Just played KOF98 for couple of hours, I def need more time with it. I was terrible :( fun but terrible!