What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Thanks Dan, i wasnt sure what they could be.

Ive got 3 Cyberlip carts for the MVS somewhere, all 3 came with the first MVS i bought. One of them doesnt work properly, but its not a real flash game is it. It would be brilliant if it wasnt the same stages over and over again!!

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It would be brilliant if it wasnt the same stages over and over again!!
Are you referring to how Cyber-Lip loops after you finish it or are you saying the stages are all the same? Because looping is pretty standard for an arcade game. How long do you want it to be?

NEO-GEO man

No im talking about the stages being the same before you finish it. I have nothing against looping to the start again when its completed, im all for it ( Last Resort is a perfect example, Rolling Thunder 2 on the Genesis is another, both very well planned in terms of doing the stages again with something changed to just a little bit harder ) , but when you go through the same stages or what certainly appear to be the same stages a few times to reach the end such as in CyberLip, it gets old real fast.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Spinmaster ..Candy Cab

Super Sidekicks 4 (Ultimate 11) Big Red

I actually had pulled them off the shelf to sell them but once in the cabs I can't do it.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Whats PB2 and NTM?

NAM 1975 is one of my all time favorites :)
Yea, Puzzle Bobble 2 and Neo Turf Masters. I just don't get Nam 75. I never played it until recently so I guess I don't have the nostalgia factor. I still have fun playing operation wolf, but the control is just so whacky in nam 75. It seems you need to be looking in two places at once. I'll play it again tonight, I believe it's still in my 4 slot.

madman

Stayed in tonight and did some gaming. I beat Robo Army, then played some MSX and a little PB2.

slugger_dan

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
lol I got to muckly with 1 credit in nam finally and it's like I just forgot how to play vs the guy, I even lost a life to his initial form, you don't have much time between bomb blasts.

SSII also, charlotte seem real easy to play as, mizuki got owned pretty much entirely by ground AB it seems to override alot of her stuff.

NEO-GEO man

I had a mate drop in today and we had a few rounds ( he owns an AES and a 2 slot MVS ) , started off with the regulation NAM 1975, then had a few rounds on Fatal Fury Special.

We jacked NAM up to level 8 just to give us a shake up, and its pretty easy if you keep ontop of everything, but get behind on your killing, and bullets are VERY fast. If you think Muckly's wheel chair is hard on default level, you should see it on level 8!!! There was one part for probably 25 seconds where we both ran from one side of the screen to the other, rolled, then ran back, rolled, ran back, rolled, and ran back again cause we just couldnt stop long enough to shoot due to being chased from one side to the other by a wheel chair riding maniac spewing bombs out as fast as we could run!! Was great fun :)

madman

Spinmaster ..Candy Cab

Super Sidekicks 4 (Ultimate 11) Big Red

I actually had pulled them off the shelf to sell them but once in the cabs I can't do it.
Spinmaster is the one game that I'm not going to sell that I'm always on the fence about. It's better than Top Hunter IMO for a Neo platformer. Simple and fun, it doesn't get much play, but I like to play it every now and again. It's a decent one to have in when I have a party.

slugger_dan

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
OK, finally 1cc'd NAM, died once to barrel guy thanks to stupid roll and poison cloud and once more to muckly wheelchair. tossing a grenade was just a bad idea I was killed before I could roll out of the way. the boss seems consistently easy to kill now though, just machine gunning if the cross hair is in the right spot. got something like 830k for score which is inexcusably bad but I'm no where near good enough at this to play for score yet.

NEO-GEO man

OK, finally 1cc'd NAM, died once to barrel guy thanks to stupid roll and poison cloud and once more to muckly wheelchair. tossing a grenade was just a bad idea I was killed before I could roll out of the way. the boss seems consistently easy to kill now though, just machine gunning if the cross hair is in the right spot. got something like 830k for score which is inexcusably bad but I'm no where near good enough at this to play for score yet.

Thats great Dan ;) Just remember, level 8 is ready for you... Even if youre not ready for level 8!! :lolz:

Spinmaster is the one game that I'm not going to sell that I'm always on the fence about. It's better than Top Hunter IMO for a Neo platformer. Simple and fun, it doesn't get much play, but I like to play it every now and again. It's a decent one to have in when I have a party.
I have this cart for the MVS, but it doesnt work, and ive never tried to get it working ( probably just needs a clean on the terminals ) What is the game about?? Is it abit like Top Hunter? I always loved that game til i got into it, then its far between on replays!!! Its good fun though once in a while.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
played twinkle star sprite and metal slug x tonight :)

acg12xu

Trippin' Balls
Blue's Journey, Last Resort, SVC Chaos, and Metal Slug 5. Got these games within the last few weeks, and I'm really digging Blue's and Last Resort.

NEO-GEO man

I had Blue's Journey on one of the AES systems i had back in the 90s, i was pretty suprised it was actually a pretty fun game to play. :)

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Samurai Shodown 5 Special
2020 Super Baseball

slugger_dan

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I've never played blue's. how does it stand up compared to magician lord? i just know it's a platformer and that's all.

I can't get through cyberlip without blowing a credit. that snaking boss with the drones takes 2 or 3 lives, i don't have a real gameplan versus it just spam my bazooka and hope I can sort of dodge the projectiles. Last run was 195k thanks to that.

that + mutation nation, decent enough for the genre.

NEO-GEO man

Blue's Journey is very much like Top Hunter i reckon, Top Hunter is alot better, its alot more in depth, its also 4 years newer and a 100 MEGA SHOCK! title, but they are both sort of simular games.

Have a search on YouTube, there is bound to be a video of it there.

acg12xu

Trippin' Balls
I've never played blue's. how does it stand up compared to magician lord? i just know it's a platformer and that's all.

Blue's Journey is definitely more like Top Hunter than Magician Lord, but unlike most, I think I like Blue's Journey better than Top Hunter. Blue's Journey has that classic platformer feel whereas Top Hunter doesn't. It is the closest thing to a Mario or Sonic game that you'll find on the NEO. I would call it a cross between Mega Man and Kirby but it can be a 2 player simultaneous game too.

NEO-GEO man

Nah youre not alone there, i think its better than Top Hunter as well.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Samurai Shodown 5 Special
2020 Super Baseball