What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Neo Drift Out: New Technology on a 161 in 1 maybe one day I'll get an original. I'm having trouble getting down to register in game causing me to retire due to not meeting the stage time. The funny thing is the down works in the 161 menu on the cart.

Don't use down, only use left and right.

Randomsense

New Challenger
Just started playing a little Twinkle Star Sprites for the first time. I'm enjoying it - its not one I ever ran across in the arcade back in the day. Might end up playing some King of Fighters this weekend.

mourix

n00b
After some tries it's clear that Puzzle Bobble 2 is the most gf friendly game for the holidays ;)

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
Still trying to beat Blue Screen on my aes, but I did finally get my Baseball Stars Pro, should be here in a few days. Just got Metal Slug 2,MVS, in the mail a few days ago, how did I not notice(or maybe I just forgot) this brutal slowdown in the 90's. However with my limited time I have mostly been taking my sweet ass time with Uncharted 4.

Last edited:

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
Threw Fatal Fury 2 and King of Fighters 94 into the cabinet this week; haven't played either in years and whoa am I bad at them now! Grin. Gonna have to sink some time into these...

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Still working on chipping away at Blazing Star. Finally managed to get to stage 4 on 1 credit and without dying. Credit fed through the rest of the game to get more practice on the later levels and managed to beat the stage 4 and 5 bosses without dying. The stage 6 and 7 bosses seem like the hardest obstacles in my way of a 1CC.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
After some tries it's clear that Puzzle Bobble 2 is the most gf friendly game for the holidays ;)

I'd love to argue Magical Drop 3 or Joy Joy Kid are better gf games, but you're right. It's easier to get my wife to play Puzzle Bobble or Puzzle de Pon then anything else on the neo geo.

So had a nostalgia trip of sorts. Back in the arcade days I used to drop a ton of quarters into a big red that had Samurai Shodown II and World Heroes. Decided to look for matches in both on 360 and PS3 respectively. So far got someone on World Heroes.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Got a 5CC on Blazing Star w/ Windina. 1CC'd up to stage 5. I can see getting a 1CC up to stage 7, but I don't know if I have the skill to beat the final form of the final boss without dying 3+ times (the first 2 forms are cake). Probably going to play around with the other ships a bit next.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Got a 5CC on Blazing Star w/ Windina. 1CC'd up to stage 5. I can see getting a 1CC up to stage 7, but I don't know if I have the skill to beat the final form of the final boss without dying 3+ times (the first 2 forms are cake). Probably going to play around with the other ships a bit next.

The last C stands for clear. So unless you're clearing the game (or loop if applicable), it's improper to say "I 1cc'd up to stage.."

Anyways, congrats on your progress in the game.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Good point, I definitely goofed my words up last night.

Blazing Star might just be my favorite Neo game now...

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Blazing star is ace. The difficulty is nice for people that aren't able to 1cc cave games.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
S.T. 2nd S.
Ninja Commando
Might throw in some Andro Dunos or Last Resort later tonight.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
League Bowling is back in the slot. Gameplay mechanics are quite similar to NTM (two-gauge strikes) and audio-visuals couldn't fit better. The only drawback is, that you can't see your buddy's progress, since everything happens simultaneously. Tons of fun anyway, ingenious simplicity.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I've been playing the original Fatal Fury on my AES for the last 3 hours this evening.

Really really enjoyed it, think I'll be playing through the whole series (at least the games I own in the series)

image_zpsx7qcokih.jpeg

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've been playing the original Fatal Fury on my AES for the last 3 hours this evening.

Really really enjoyed it, think I'll be playing through the whole series (at least the games I own in the series)

I haven't been back to the original for a long time. I always pick FFS when I feel like some classic Fatal Fury. I might have to give FF1 a play this weekend.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I love the original, it might have something to do with nostalgia for seeing it on GamesMaster and in CVG magazine.

Struggling to beat Geese Howard, good thing for memory cards!

NeoLucian

New Challenger
Well i tried a couple of games out last night, Metal Slug and Blues Journey

Metal Slug - I have played this before but i was obviously better at this when I was younger, I was quite frankly shit, set level to 1 (yes!) and still used about 10+ continues to get to stage 3, then I just gave up on that for the night - fantastic game however and loads of fun

Blues Journey - Found this a bit hit and miss, as a platform game I think its quite nice but it didnt really grab me as something special, which is what I think of most of the Neo Games I have seen, I will give it another few go's but I wasnt as impressed as I have been with some of the other games I have tried

Im wondering if its my AES Pad thats the problem (im using an MVS with supergun and AES pad) but the pad doesnt seem to respond so well, maybe I need to replace the Joystick and buttons as they may be worn out - im sure that will improve my game - honest!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member

image_zpsx7qcokih.jpeg

my favourite game out of the early neo fighters. soo unique and has a great atmosphere to it. it's almost like watching a 80's movie or playing a beat em' up like final fight. fatal fury 1 has a special place in my heart. even the megadrive/genesis port is great.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Last night I cycled through a number of games on the 111-in-1 cart (SVC, MOTW, Neo Bomber Man, MSX) and had a good time.
Wednesday I played a few rounds of NTM agains Nitsunto. Pretty evenly matched. That convinced him to start looking for a copy for himself to practice.

buru5

War Room Troll
I'm constantly playing The Last Blade 2 and Samurai Shodown V Special through FightCade, probably my favorite Neo Geo titles.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I'm constantly playing The Last Blade 2 and Samurai Shodown V Special through FightCade, probably my favorite Neo Geo titles.

good choice. i also love ssv special. probably my favourite of the entire series.

Last edited: