What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Just did a run through of Metal Slug on the CDZ. It seems with my Hori stick that 50% of the time I miss one of the early jumps in Mission 3, never happened on my cab. I'll adjust eventually. At the beginning of Mission 4 I missed the slug and that ruined me for that stage. If I grab the first slug I'm usually OK. Got murdered on 6.

madman

My slug game was weak tonight, loaded up MS1 on the CDZ, made tons of shit mistakes so I turned it off. Loaded up Metal Slowdown 2, died on the second mission boss and screwed up a few times on mission 3. Made it almost to the end of 5 with the default CD credit settings. Calling it a night on the gaming. Someone sell me a Slug X MVS cart.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Trying out all the KoF games (and hacks) on the 120-in-1.
Since I’m only really acquainted with ’98, it’s fun to see what changes they made over the years. Pleasantly surprised with how much the art, animations, and special moves differ from game to game. Not entirely sold on the strikers system though.

madman

Played MS2 on the CDZ again, got to about the same point as yesterday. Tried out Street Slam too, took me awhile to get over thinking "this is just an NBA Jam ripoff", but the game is quite fun. Still trying to figure out defense, but this is definitely a fun game. I was never able to track it down on MVS years ago, so I'm glad I found the CD.

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
I've been playing the original Samurai Shodown/Spirits a lot today. So nice to have the real version of this game after years of having the (inferior, but still decent) Genesis version. For whatever reason I've almost always played as Kyoshiro. I guess he looks kind of badass and his weapon has a lot of range so that's probably why. Today I experimented with the other characters and found that I enjoy playing as Nakoruru and Wan-Fu as well.

Also a bit of Magician Lord. Love that game but kind of a pain in the ass on the AES version you have to start way back at the beginning of the level when you die. Need to practice more and memorize patterns.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Played Metal Slug 1 & 2 online on the PS3. I've been trying to get Metal Slug X games on PC, but just can't get one going. I played X on the MVS the other day as well.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Played MS2 on the CDZ again, got to about the same point as yesterday. Tried out Street Slam too, took me awhile to get over thinking "this is just an NBA Jam ripoff", but the game is quite fun. Still trying to figure out defense, but this is definitely a fun game. I was never able to track it down on MVS years ago, so I'm glad I found the CD.

I play defense very aggressively. The farther into it you get, the more the games resemble a gang fight where everyone is knocking everyone down with elbows.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Playing Art of Fighting 3. I love the characters and the backgrounds in the game, the music is decent, and most importantly, the gameplay is a lot of fun. I like the new rush attacks and button layout- It's easier to perform combos for me, however I can see some series vets or hardcore players taking this as a negative change. I don't quite understand this story in terms of a series finale, I see it more as a side story or spinoff. Of course, the character roster being so small is a drawback though...

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
I've noticed that since I got it Baseball Stars Professional gets the most play on my AES. Even though the second one has significantly better graphics I think I like how BBSP plays a bit better. Something about is very fun and addictive and puts me in a good mood. I wouldn't say it's my favorite Neo Geo game. I can think of several better ones but it's the one I go to most. Plus I have a better chance of doing well in that game than the Red Sox do this year.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Razion! I'm such a noob I can't get past stage 4.... sigh... need some more practice. :(

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
This weekend I gave some love to Slug 3 again and Aero Fighters 2.
I haven't played those in quite a long time.

You can blame Final Fight. That PCB is getting the most of my attention for the moment. :glee:

madman

Finally found a good copy of MSX. I've been playing 2 a lot and well, I really sucked at X after not having played it for years. Took me several tries to even beat the first stage on a single credit. It's gonna take some time to get the skills back. I used to be able to pass the first 3 stages without a single death. Now I know why people like 2 so much, it's way easier than X.

X > 2

madman

I'm slowly getting my X skills back, almost made it to the mission 2 boss on 1 credit. As a comparison I played MS2 right afterward and made it over halfway through mission 3 before losing a life and turning it off. MS2 is for weak ass busters.

X > 2

I also played 8-Man for the first time and I'm not sure what to think of it.

LewiesFat

n00b
For now I am only playing puzzle bobble since that is the only cart i own. ive been trying to figure out how to get 1.3 million points on the first 5 maps.

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm currently playing KOF 94 and 98.

94 because of nostalgia value and easy dizzy combos :)

98 because I spend countless hours playing it at my local arcade (RIP) back in.. 98!

Next on the list for the upcoming days will probably be Real Bout FF Special.

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
I've been playing Magician Lord for the past couple hrs. I still find the game pretty difficult but it sure does feel rewarding when you beat a level. I finally got to Level 5 but those frogs are assholes and I gave up for the night. Also still amazed by the graphics and sound for it being 1990.

Also recently got KOF '94 so I'm going to give that a go before I go to sleep.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Just finished some Alpha Mission II on homecart. I'd forgotten how awesome that game is.