What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Been playing MS2 on NGCD lately. Slowdown aside, I still prefer MSX. I keep shooting some of the areas where there are hidden items in MSX and no dice in MS2. Also the lack of the surprise descending mummy in Stage 2 is a letdown. The good news is my Chinese warez 120 in 1 MVS cart came today so I can get back into MSX while I look for a legit cart.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Made my way through KoF96. Huge relief that it was much easier than 95, which I had to shamefully use a cheat code to get past the final boss.

konrad

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hello happens to me a rare thing in the world heroes MVS, sound sounds a bit higher on sites that are not as if he stayed in backup, something very rare especially in the scene of hanzo.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Hello happens to me a rare thing in the world heroes MVS, sound sounds a bit higher on sites that are not as if he stayed in backup, something very rare especially in the scene of hanzo.

Exactly. Rare thing. Sounds high. World Heroes.

Er, I have no idea what you're talking about.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I cant stop playing KoF'94... 95 is my shit, but 94 has this draw to it.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Art of Fighting 3! It's been years since the last time I played it haha

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Shock Troopers. Playing with Milky on the Valley route all the time. I think it's possible to 1CC the game this way and i can make it to stage 5 on 1 credit.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Shock troopers is a fun game to go for on 1 credit. Makes you have to use esp to know when the mobs are going to shoot or not so you can stab them. I have been playing a lot of ntm, trying to get through the baden course with the shotmaker. Some of the back 9 holes are just unfair.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Made my way through KoF96. Huge relief that it was much easier than 95, which I had to shamefully use a cheat code to get past the final boss.

Beat 97 and 98 today. 97 was probably the easiest of the series so far and the final boss was super easy. I was surprised at how short 98 was and I had a tough time performing special and desperation moves. I never had a problem consistently pulling them off in earlier KoF games, but 98 was giving me all kinds of trouble.

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
I've been playing Top Hunter all day and really enjoying it. Such a unique game. I don't know why but when I was younger I always thought this was a run n' gun game. Definitely not but awesome game nonetheless.

madman

Got a copy of NTM recently, the only game I'm dying to have back again is MSX. I'm not sure why I love NTM as much as I do as it often frustrates the hell out of me, but still a fun game.

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
The past two nights I've been playing a lot of Baseball Stars 2. Hadn't played it in a long time and I sucked pretty bad at first. Now I've been getting the hang of it again. Pretty sure this is my favorite baseball game I've ever played. Maybe even sports game period though I'm also partial to Blades of Steel on Nes.

madman

The past two nights I've been playing a lot of Baseball Stars 2. Hadn't played it in a long time and I sucked pretty bad at first. Now I've been getting the hang of it again. Pretty sure this is my favorite baseball game I've ever played. Maybe even sports game period though I'm also partial to Blades of Steel on Nes.

Same here, it took me awhile to get back into not sucking at BS2. Great arcade action, really fun game. It's kind of like Magical Drop 3, it didn't need a sequel.

Hey Madman,
We are neighbors..Playing KOF 94' Samurai Showdown 2, 4 and Last Blade 2. Ever hit up Galloping Ghost?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Same here, it took me awhile to get back into not sucking at BS2. Great arcade action, really fun game. It's kind of like Magical Drop 3, it didn't need a sequel.

I feel the same about MD3, definitely the peak of the series. MD2 wasn't bad though, second best for sure but the rest of the games I just don't like at all. I got a few, some are just ports others are originals, Steam has MD5, so bad though...MD4 was called MDF and is a PSX exclusive, so lame too.

BS2 is awesome, def a big step forward from the predecessor, NTM is also a perfect sports game and I also love Street Hoop, prolly the best basketball game Data East has ever made, I even like it more than NBA Jam, sometimes.

madman

Hey Madman,
We are neighbors..Playing KOF 94' Samurai Showdown 2, 4 and Last Blade 2. Ever hit up Galloping Ghost?

I haven't, there are a handful of smaller arcades/barcades in the city, but I haven't hit any of those up either. I'm not sure why. Probably because I have my consolized MVS at home :)

madman

BS2 is awesome, def a big step forward from the predecessor, NTM is also a perfect sports game and I also love Street Hoop, prolly the best basketball game Data East has ever made, I even like it more than NBA Jam, sometimes.
When I used to have a cab, I was never able to find Street Hoop/Dunk Dream, but recently found it for my Neo CD so I'm looking forward to checking it out. I loved NBA Jam, so I'm not sure what to expect out of the game. Do you think Top Players Golf is worth picking up? I realize it's no NTM, but curious what your opinion is.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
KoF ’98 Team: Kensou, Yuri, Mature.
Does color or order in which you select characters affect if they will be happy/neutral/sad? I am positive 2 were happy yesterday, but now 2 are sad :scratch:

[edit] I might have been on the crack and remembered my team with Vice instead of Mature being the one with 2 happy characters, easy noobish mix-up. I guess I’ll amend my question to, ‘how critical is it to have a custom team with happy faces?’

[edit#2] full retard, apparently it’s quasi-random what kinda faces your team gets, used same custom team and got 2 happy and 1 neutral.

So what’s the best guide for KoF98?

Last edited:
Madman, like 8 mvs cabs!! World record scoring..hope you can check it out one day..also atomiswave with samsho 6! Plus 400+ more games.

madman

Well, I answered my own question about Top Player's Golf. What a turd. Graphics look like something on the Genesis. Aiming your shot is cumbersome. The ways to view the course don't make any sense. I've had balls roll right through a sand trap instead of, you know, getting trapped in the sand. Had a putt 3 yards away and tapped the button as quickly as I could, a method that works fine for short distances in NTM, ball ended up doing like 6 loops around the cup before shooting back out. I could forgive the graphics if the gameplay was good, but it's not.

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
I've been playing King of the Monsters. It's way harder than I remember it to be when I was younger. I'm thinking about finding a copy of Baseball Stars 2 soon. Anyone have any recommendations?

madman

I've been playing King of the Monsters. It's way harder than I remember it to be when I was younger. I'm thinking about finding a copy of Baseball Stars 2 soon. Anyone have any recommendations?

Recommendations on what? How to play King of the Monsters? Where to find a copy of BS2?