What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I'm playing NAM-1975. Im still pretty impressed with it as the Neo's first game. The gameplay is really solid, and there's a lot of nifty scaling tricks on the vehicles and grenades. Plus a lot of cheesy voice acting. All good stuff for 1990.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
My cab setup today
5aff38f288c427d9065910fda5c3fc45.jpg

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Been playing a ton of Garou online with a friend. Then sneaking in some matches on the MVS cabinet now and then. Once I get to talking about Garou it just makes me want to play it.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Just got a few games in last week and ive been playing alot of last blade 2. I have to admit that at first it didnt grip me but now im really seeing the depth and balance this game has. Truely one of the greats of the neo and even though i like the music and badassery better on samurai shodown this is probably the best weapons fighting game since the gameplay and moves list is better

Last edited:

chimera

New Challenger
Just got a few games in last week and ive been playing alot of last blade 2. I have to admit that at first it didnt grip me but now im really seeing the depth and balance this game has. Truely one of the greats of the neo and even though i like the music and badassery better on samurai shodown this is probably the best weapons fighting game since the gameplay and moves list is better

My thoughts exactly on Last Blade 2. I still stay up all night playing it and practicing moves from time to time. I really like this game, it has to be my favorite fighting game... just really sucks I don't have anybody to really play with.. My friends play it when they come over but they really aren't great skill wise.

statix138

Crossed Swords Squire
Recently got my copy of Metal Slug X which so far has been quite the treat. Played 2 numerous times but this is my first time really playing X.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Please explain

Ill admit since im new to the series the characters dont hold that nostalgic value with me that samurai shodown has and i might argue that samurai shodown has better weapon variety.

As far as gameplay id say last blade 2 has better hit detection. I also find the life bars are well balanced and besides for fighting the last boss there isn't alot of moves that take most of a life bar. High combo possibilities is a nice addition for the hardcore. I find in samurai shodown its hard to work a guy down without using power swing all the time. A big thing i noticed is that the last boss was a blast. He felt balanced and even though he had some strong combos i never felt like he was programmed directly to counter my moves (Like in kof when thr last boss does jumping uppercut literally every time you jump forward at him). Great variety and quantity in the different attacks, with a few different special attacks for each character. I do miss the blood guts and fatalities though as i mentioned before. Theres time for both for me but the gameplay and balance in lb2 just felt more....fun.

Last edited:

stopXwhispering

New Challenger
Earlier today I had my friend over and we played some NAM-1975, Spin Master, Crossed Swords and Blue's Journey. All of them were great fun in co-op! She hadn't played any of them before and she really loved Crossed Swords :) My new favorite game for the Neo Geo games so far is Blue's Journey! The cuteness overload ^__^ NAM-1975 comes in a close second place :buttrock:
blues-journey.jpg
bluesjourney.jpg

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Magician Lord. It's the only game I have for the system but it's so fun. I'm loving everything about it, from the insane difficulty to the music that really fits the hellish atmosphere of the game. Enemy placement is a bit annoying and the game forces you to rely on memorization but for me that's where the fun lies. Did I mention that I love the art in this game? As for being my only NEO GEO game, I am very happy with it.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Magician Lord. It's the only game I have for the system but it's so fun. I'm loving everything about it, from the insane difficulty to the music that really fits the hellish atmosphere of the game. Enemy placement is a bit annoying and the game forces you to rely on memorization but for me that's where the fun lies. Did I mention that I love the art in this game? As for being my only NEO GEO game, I am very happy with it.

I just found a copy locally for the mvs and im hoping to buy it tomorrow. i have played the game lots on aes and love it! So true about evenemy placement its like the dark souls of neo geo!

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Since receiving NTM's memory card, I have ditched the multi-cart and have my two-slot filled with Windjammers and my #1 NG joint, WH2.

Played a ton of these games solo this weekend and it has been great. Saving high scores and level is great. Now if I could just beat Dio.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Last Blade and KOF 2003 at the moment.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I used the Unibios cheats to play through Zupapa! with infinite lives yesterday. I don't usually use cheats but I'm rubbish at this game yet I really enjoy it, so I wanted to play it through and see the final levels.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I've been mainly playing shmups lately. For the Neo: Zed Blade, Pulstar, and Ghost Pilots

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I used the Unibios cheats to play through Zupapa! with infinite lives yesterday. I don't usually use cheats but I'm rubbish at this game yet I really enjoy it, so I wanted to play it through and see the final levels.

Love Zupapa but the Atari sounds can get to me sometimes. Excellent game nonetheless. Nightmare in the Dark is also really good, love that too. These type of games have a special place in my heart.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Love Zupapa but the Atari sounds can get to me sometimes. Excellent game nonetheless. Nightmare in the Dark is also really good, love that too. These type of games have a special place in my heart.

I really need to find myself a copy of Nightmare in the Dark, it looks like a lot of fun. I love playing games like this, they just remind me of being in arcades as a kid.