SSVS Final Version Loke test ?

Freelancer

Banned
hanafuda said:
Either way, if you go back to the article now it says that the machine has been removed from the arcade, the loke test cancelled, and that SNKP are all but denying its existence, or any knowledge of it.

Says it all really.

What? NOOO!!!! :(

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Fygee said:
I believe this is the first time any SNK game ever got a third version of the same game, and up until now, it had only been Fatal Fury 2 and SSV that ever got second versions

STOP WITH THE REHASHES. YOU'RE NOT CAPCOM AND THIS ISN'T 1994!

You don't have to worry about it though, you don't even have a neo
to begin with, or maybe you just bought one?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
With another Japanese beheaded in Iraq I think this will certinlly have toned down fatals (if it dosent now) campared to the normal SSVS MVS version.

Raa

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Razoola said:
With another Japanese beheaded in Iraq I think this will certinlly have toned down fatals (if it dosent now) campared to the normal SSVS MVS version.

Raa
It seems like it won't come out at all, anyway... Does it not ?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
hanafuda said:
Either way, if you go back to the article now it says that the machine has been removed from the arcade, the loke test cancelled, and that SNKP are all but denying its existence, or any knowledge of it.

Says it all really.

Yeah, seems like they blew their opportunity to restore Sankuro as the boss in the SSVS. :crying: This update of the game would have been "cute" to see.
Maybe if Yuki goes back to the drawing board and releases the characters most wanted nowadays like Genan,Sieger,ChamCham,etc and mix them with new they'd really have something. Yuki is definitely worthy and capable of making the SS series shine imo. Samurai VI with the demanded changes would warrant a purchase..
-BB

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Hmkay said:
It seems like it won't come out at all, anyway... Does it not ?

I dont see why, all tests have to end at some point before a release. Also if you goto to http://www.samurai-zero.jp/ there is some news dated 28/10, is this related maybe?

Raz

update, it seems that update at the web page was related to a new screensaver and not this new game version.

Last edited:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Yeah, that news at the SSZ website is for that new Sogetsu calendar desktop...

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Yuki is definitely worthy and capable of making the SS series shine imo.

Is Yuki the programmers of SS5S? Whoever did SS5S did a terrific job. The more I play it, the more its becoming my favorite SS of all. Smooth animation, great artwork, balanced gameplay and none of the characters are goofy. Definitely an A+ title. If only they went the extra mile and added some of the older characters...

If SS6 is made by the same people, then put me down for one also.
Droid

Last edited:

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Well, I think the beheading only apply to SNK USA's excuse for censorship. Everyone knows why Japan did it.

SS5S was a masterpiece. Yuki has nothing to blame for this.

Now it seems Playmore is denying SS5 Plus/Final's existence at all.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
You don't have to worry about it though, you don't even have a neo
to begin with, or maybe you just bought one?

I fail to see how that has anything to do with anything. God knows I've put enough quarters in MVS cabinets over its 14 years of life to buy 4 of them.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
if I frequent this site in years to come, the prototype will surface

and the twist will be that Dion and Chrisr or Japhie will have it, and everyone here will be pissed, then the French will charge 1000 a copy and Makismo will buy it and make a thread with 3 paragraphs of unintelligible dribble about how cool and rare the copy is, then Tonk will release the rom

the end.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
roke stAr said:

and the twist will be that Dion and Chrisr or Japhie will have it, and everyone here will be pissed, then the French will charge 1000 a copy and Makismo will buy it and make a thread with 3 paragraphs of unintelligible dribble about how cool and rare the copy is, then Tonk will release the rom

the end.

so we will all have it eventually is what your saying........

cool!

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
roke stAr said:

the end.

Hooray!

...wait a second, can we have all that happen without all the drama flaming, and bickeing this time? No? Okay, just thought I'd ask.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Just a guess, but thinking about it, maybe Yuki themselves decided to make the new upgrade version without SNKP's knowledge. Then SNKP pulled the plug on it because A) they didn't permit it in the first place and B) they have already announced that there will be no more NEO GEO games.

After all, those cab decals in the photographs look pretty original, and most pirates won't go as far as that.

Pure speculation, but seems a good enough explanation as any.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Or maybe they decided to cancel this game after having been bashed by the fans and getting blamed of milking the series as much as they can... o_o
Since it was probably very early in development, not much money must have been lost...

Something is weird though... Even if it was Yuki acting without SNKP's consent, I guess they'd at least mention the game on the SSZ website... :spock:
To let people know about the loke test to have as much feedback as possible etc...

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Would be better to get an official statment from SNKP on the matter.

Raz

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
wow, this is some weird shit here

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Who bumped this? Wait, what the hell??? I want!!!