SSVS Final Version Loke test ?

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
can anyone please translate this "bug" or "glitch" regarding ssvs?

I tried babelfish but couldn't really understand what it involves, just that it has something do with timings of abc explosion and meditation?

linky

super-saiya-jin

I wish I really were French
cant playmore just stick everything from ssv and ssvs into a cart, atomiswave game or port

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
To anyone complaining about the "Upgrade":

Street Fighter 2: Turbo Champion Hyper Edition Turbo Plus

Just curious about all that has been changed.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
To anyone complaining about the "Upgrade":

Street Fighter 2: Turbo Champion Hyper Edition Turbo Plus

Just curious about all that has been changed.

The difference is that even if you bought every version of SFII on the consoles when they came out, it would have been cheaper than buying SSVS. :loco:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
DARK ANDY said:
The difference is that even if you bought every version of SFII on the consoles when they came out, it would have been cheaper than buying SSVS. :loco:

Yeah i guess your right. I havent bought any SSV title so I guess thats why im not so bothered.

RamonG

World Soccer '96
That's all we need. "Super Samurai Shodown V Special - Final Champion Turbo Edition with fatalities uncut." :glee: :glee:

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
RamonG said:
That's all we need. "Super Samurai Shodown V Special - Final Champion Turbo Edition with fatalities uncut." :glee: :glee:

Then comes "Super Samurai Shodown V Special - Final Champion Turbo Edition with fatalities uncut. "Super Samurai Shodown V Special - Final Champion Turbo Edition with fatalities uncut FINAL" :D

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
RamonG said:

I just realized the meaning of the term "auto-ejaculation" when I thought about how completely fucking uber-rare this game would be ... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Freelancer

Banned
I still find this news to be somewhat odd considering how SNKP all but confirmed that SSVS would be the end of teh line for the Neo hardware. Hell, they even made reference to this fact in the SSVS instruction manual with their special little "farewell" message.

That said, I do hope this news is for real...

Samurai Shodown V Special Final Perfect Reprogrammed Patched Edition

SSVSFPRPE

...and my sources suggest that they will use a new MVS board revision that takes larger carts to accomodate the name on the label.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Freelancer said:
I still find this news to be somewhat odd considering how SNKP all but confirmed that SSVS would be the end of teh line for the Neo hardware. Hell, they even made reference to this fact in the SSVS instruction manual with their special little "farewell" message.

That said, I do hope this news is for real...

I think that they did confirm that it was the end of the line for the AES, I don't think that they were quite as definite about it being the end of the line for the MVS side though... I wouldn't expect a home cart release for this, but then again who would have expected this at all... not me! ;)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I believe this is the first time any SNK game ever got a third version of the same game, and up until now, it had only been Fatal Fury 2 and SSV that ever got second versions

STOP WITH THE REHASHES. YOU'RE NOT CAPCOM AND THIS ISN'T 1994!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Fygee said:
I believe this is the first time any SNK game ever got a third version of the same game, and up until now, it had only been Fatal Fury 2 and SSV that ever got second versions

STOP WITH THE REHASHES. YOU'RE NOT CAPCOM AND THIS ISN'T 1994!

but we're in 2004, and we still see rehashes on all consoles :(

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
merry

I say bring it on the more the merrier...... :)
I shall be buying it that's for sure..........as long as it is real of course..

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
I'm perfectly happy with SS5S. SNKP finally got one right in nearly all respects (once the full game is unlocked with razoola's bios chip).

I guess the only way I'd be geeked up about SS5F would be in it had Genan in it.

Droid

Fygee

20 Year Member
k'_127 said:
but we're in 2004, and we still see rehashes on all consoles :(

True, but it usually only extends to one rehash (i.e. Dynasty Warriors 4, and then Dynasty Warriors 4 Extreme). This would be rehash number two, SNK's only offense in that regard.

Street Fighter 2 got a away with it because the game was immensily popular and it basically created the genre (technically SF1 did, but the game was shit). SSV has neither of those qualities, so this is silly. All this shows me is that they were too shit to get it right the first, or even the second time.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Fygee said:

propably Breakers as well.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Well, Breakers wasn't made by SNK, that was made by Visco. That also only got one rehash game, not two.

I forgot Metal Slug X though.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Fygee said:
Well, Breakers wasn't made by SNK, that was made by Visco. That also only got one rehash game, not two.

I forgot Metal Slug X though.

haha. quick replay.

Fygee said:
True, but it usually only extends to one rehash (i.e. Dynasty Warriors 4, and then Dynasty Warriors 4 Extreme). This would be rehash number two, SNK's only offense in that regard.

all this Dynasty Warrior games are the same to me. Winning Eleven suffers from the same problem: 6 games so far on PS2, not to mention their J-Legue counterparts (same game, different teams). and there is hardly any difference between each release, excepet from "slight" graphical enhancements, and gameplay tweaks. Pokemon, Megaman EXE, ..etc.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'm not 100% convinced this is real. Even if it is, it might not be for a new MVS release. They could be loke testing a tweak of the game to get feedback and input for creating (or modifying) the engine for the upcoming AW SS game. Okay, probably not...just a guess not based on anything. Anyhow I don't see any reason for anyone to be upset. If SS5S (or SS5) was good enough for you, don't buy a new one. How does it hurt you?

As far as rehashes: I haven't read every post, but I'm sure someone brought up VF4, VF4 evo, and VF4 evo tuned. I bought VF4 for PS2. I'm not a huge fan of the series, so that was enough for me. I don't feel any anger towards Sega for releasing 2 superior versions of the same game later. It's nice for the fans who feel like buying it. Yeah, the price difference is a point, but in the long run it won't be that big of one.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
SouthtownKid said:
I'm not 100% convinced this is real. Even if it is, it might not be for a new MVS release. They could be loke testing a tweak of the game to get feedback and input for creating (or modifying) the engine for the upcoming AW SS game. Okay, probably not...just a guess not based on anything.

Could be, but if this was the case I would think that they wouldn't go to the trouble to print new move list stickers and instruction card for the game for such a test... I would also think that a test so early in the development would not be made public... shit, I don't know what to make of this! :loco: Maybe they are giving up on the AW and moving back to MVS, or have decided to support both? I doubt either of these, just throwing out ideas... ;)

Pro_Gear

Another,
20 Year Member
the addition of Kuroko and some tweaks won't get too many people to bite.

Now if all omitted characters of the series were in this as well as original/remixed BG's and soundtracks for every character- it could be a worthy release :cool:

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Either way, if you go back to the article now it says that the machine has been removed from the arcade, the loke test cancelled, and that SNKP are all but denying its existence, or any knowledge of it.

Says it all really.