SSVS Final Version Loke test ?

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Hehehe... WTH! Another MVS game is certainly a cool thing, but another SSV remake? Eh, I'll buy it if/when it gets cheap. Strange way they have of letting people know about the game though eh? You would think that there would have been some news of the game before the loke test happened...

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Orochi Iori Y said:
Strange way they have of letting people know about the game though eh? You would think that there would have been some news of the game before the loke test happened...

I think the same. And I'm 101% sure that it won't get an AES release, even in Japan. And no US MVS version either.

mdog

Zero's Secretary
setsuna.lee said:
ok some info

the AI is weaker than before
the game has some endings aka SS4
now the boss is ZANKURO and the mid boss is > KUROKO !

WTF?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!.....will this be released on AES or MVS? Now to drop another $350+ on yet another SSV game. :annoyed:

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Looks like people agree with me about Zankuro :buttrock:
If this is true.. I still need the fatalities (generic/special)
-BB

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I just have a feeling that it won't have an English Story mode... If SNK are doing this and they don't add an English story mode they need to get there heads looked at as again they will piss off many people.

I also wonder if this will be offered as a upgrade or a total new game (IE new cart ID)

Raz

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
BIG BEAR said:
If this is true.. I still need the fatalities (generic/special)
-BB

I really doubt that they will be there, even in their lessened versions.

@Raz: I don't even dream with a english story mode. From what we learned from the last SNKP flops, I bet:

- no or lessened fatalities;
- not that improvement in gameplay;
- no english story mode;
- no US MVS or AES release (or even no AES release even in Japan - since the "last" NG game was already released).

Last edited:

RamonG

World Soccer '96
Razoola said:
I also wonder if this will be offered as a upgrade or a total new game (IE new cart ID)

Raz

I was thinking the same thing.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
They are gonna have to do an AES version to add a story mode also I think.

Raz

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Razoola said:
They are gonna have to do an AES version to add a story mode also I think.

Raz

I miss your point. Why?

SS0 had story mode in MVS mode (in japanese).

Curt

apostate
holy crap... this drama is crazy...

Yet ANOTHER release? incredible... When Playmore started releasing games they were stepping on SNK's good memories... now they're fucking stomping on it with all their might.

mdog

Zero's Secretary
The AES version must also include the following...

Genan
Earthquake
Wan Fu
ChamCham
Nicotine
Seiger
Genan

:D

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Verythrax said:
I miss your point. Why?

SS0 had story mode in MVS mode (in japanese).

Well at this point the game looks more like a upgrade to me. If they are upgrading the MVS version they should upgrade the AES version to match.

What ever they are doing it seems quite a messy situation to me. IE, the story mode should have been in the first SSVS version. It just seems more and more that they are totally rushing releases without having the game complete and then adding updates to try and milk more money. Yes they may make more money but they do piss of the people who bought the game when it was first released (if they dont offer the upgrade free).

It brings me back to my pole I did the other week in the general forum. If they want to make some fast cash and make people very happy at the same time, Release IRONCLAD in MVS format. I know its a shooter but its a new game for MVS at least instead of a game upgrade.

Raz

Last edited:

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Upgrade? That happened before in the Neo history? I don't seem people willing to send their carts to swap some roms just for that. Seems easier to produce and sell a limited run of complete carts.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Razoola said:
Well at this point the game looks more like a upgrade to me. If they are upgrading the MVS version they should upgrade the AES version to match.

Raz
but that would probably mean we would need to send our carts back for the upgrade, and I really wouldn't want to hand over my unfixed cart to SNKP for fear of what else they may do...
:eek:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Verythrax said:
lessened fatalities in a MVS version? :D

Most likely :annoyed:

I remember some says the arcade operators complained for the excessive brutality of the game (guess just using the soft dip would be too much effort from their side, huh?).

Anyway, if this means Kuroko + possibly Sankuro and Yumeji and more bgs, I'm all for this one! :)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Maybe I diddent explain myself right. What I'm saying is basically the game is identical to SSVS apart from the story mode and AI (if the report is correct). To me this means a upgrade to the SSVS version and not a new game. By this I mean its much like patches you get for PC games you buy in the shop to add features to the game and fix bugs, its not a new game in itsself.

With SSV to SSVS alot of the game physics are changed, the fight system is different etc. This to me warrents it being classed as a different game. But this SSVS to SSVS final certinally dosent.

That being said here comes the problem if they dont give the game new ID... how will the memory card handle if used between this updated version and the original SSVS release for example? Will they give the game different softDIP settings and if so will the stored game title be different. There are many things that can go drasticly wrong, esp with multislot units.

Raz

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Hmmmmm ... I kind of doubt we'll see anything over here in the US.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
What I think this is:

A reprogramming of the MVS cart. Like the AES version before it.

It'll have downgraded fatalities (the same as the AES's upgraded ones), and it'll feature some boss character shuffle, to warrant a different name.

An actual new release would be a big surprise.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
Hmmmmm ... I kind of doubt we'll see anything over here in the US.

I think you could very well be right there. You also have to wonder if an arcade with SSVS would buy a SSVS Final cart... Somehow it just won't fly for many operators unless its a straight swap one for one (I know I wouldent pay full wack for a upgrade of this nature if I already had the original). Maybe this is why they have kept it very hush hush.

Or maybe they are doing it to try and limit the plus hacks.. I sopose time will tell. One thing is for certin, if it has the toned down fatals those original MVS carts will probably go up in value more.

Raz

RamonG

World Soccer '96
finngamer said:
It'll have downgraded fatalities (the same as the AES's upgraded ones), and it'll feature some boss character shuffle, to warrant a different name.

Are you saying that the upgraded SSVS AES, still had the fatalities downgraded? They were not the same as the original MVS version?

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
RamonG said:
Are you saying that the upgraded SSVS AES, still had the fatalities downgraded? They were not the same as the original MVS version?

I thought it was common knowledge.

Yes, all fatalities, that have a bodypart severing, have been edited so that it won't sever. Lame as hell.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
RamonG said:

Yes thats correct, it has the full fatal animations put back in but with some differences. Maininly bodys don't split and heads don't roll sums it up.

Raz

RamonG

World Soccer '96
Razoola said:
Yes thats correct, it has the full fatal animations put back in but with some differences. Maininly bodys don't split and heads don't roll sums it up.

Raz

Well that sucks. I would think that after recalling the game, they would leave it exactly as the original MVS version.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
finngamer said:
What I think this is:

A reprogramming of the MVS cart. Like the AES version before it.

I think just the same.

Kuroko is rumored to be a midboss though. All my bet are on the 'morphing' Kuroko from SS3 though (thus not a real character, just a mirror match).

Also, they may have re-added Yumeji and Sankuro?

What about the BGs?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I may be wrong, but seems to me that is reported on that very same JPN page the brutality level not having been touched 'down' to match the edited home cart edition.