SSVS Final Version Loke test ?

Jurkevicz

n00b
Looks Like SNK has finally decided to release this SSV Perfect. It's coming out for the PS4,Switch, etc.. as a collection.

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Since they already have the ROM, the boxes and insert, its a small step to release it in AES. Im sure they won't, but maybe someone else will at some point :)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Since they already have the ROM, the boxes and insert, its a small step to release it in AES. Im sure they won't, but maybe someone else will at some point :)

There's a slim possibility they would do a limited release, but that would also mean having to invest in manufacturing them, and selling them at ye olde cost of $300 a pop (maybe even more).

There's no way they'd make enough money to break even doing that in this day and age.

Might be a better option to have a licensed third party do it.

Regardless, if we get the ROMs, we can use the NeoSD or Darksoft's cart to play it, or any of the inevitable bootlegs/sacked carts that will pop up.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
If they did a small run of 100 or 200 they would sell out. If NG Dev sells out in a few days, an official release would sell out in hours. The market is there, but will SNK act on it?

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
If they did a small run of 100 or 200 they would sell out. If NG Dev sells out in a few days, an official release would sell out in hours. The market is there, but will SNK act on it?
I wonder what the market would be for a cart release? I bet they could sell 1-2 thousand copies. Maybe I am overly optimistic. They could always do a Kickstarter to gauge interest.

I would absolute try to pick up a cart if Limited Run or someone tried to make this physical. I don’t think it will happen but ��. With Special costing so much, even if it was a big ticket item I am sure there would be plenty of interest.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I would absolute try to pick up a cart if Limited Run or someone tried to make this physical. I don’t think it will happen but ��. With Special costing so much, even if it was a big ticket item I am sure there would be plenty of interest.

If NCI can flood the AES with reproductions using custom PCBs, Limited Run or SNK should be able to release on physical without too much money out of pocket.

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
I'd definitely be a buyer for an actual SNK produced AES or MVS cart. I'm sure every Neo Geo collector would pony up basically whatever price they asked if they did make one. And the ROMz would be there for the rest.

Leback

Stakes Winner
I wonder what the market would be for a cart release? I bet they could sell 1-2 thousand copies. Maybe I am overly optimistic. They could always do a Kickstarter to gauge interest.

Didn't they guage interest a couple of years ago when they decided to port Last Blade 2 to the ps4? Anyway I also have the feeling they could sell 1-2k copies (if sold at a decent price, 250$?) . If that is enough to make a profit is a different question. Would be very cool if they decided to manufacture it. Then they could just finish up Garou 2 and release it on AES/MVS as well :)

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Xenocrisis is £199. And seeing how professional the mega drive version was. The got their costs covered for AES and MVS. If Bitmap Bureau could do it for this price, "SNK" should be able to do it aswell.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Then they could just finish up Garou 2 and release it on AES/MVS as well :)

giphy.gif

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Just a guess, but thinking about it, maybe Yuki themselves decided to make the new upgrade version without SNKP's knowledge. Then SNKP pulled the plug on it because A) they didn't permit it in the first place and B) they have already announced that there will be no more NEO GEO games.

After all, those cab decals in the photographs look pretty original, and most pirates won't go as far as that.

Pure speculation, but seems a good enough explanation as any.

Despite the necro bump, it’s interesting that Hanafuda nailed the explanation 16 years ago. :lolz:

Fygee

20 Year Member
Then they could just finish up Garou 2 and release it on AES/MVS as well :)

Garou 2 source code was lost, per an interview with one of the devs a few years back. Game would need to be remade from scratch regardless of how it would be released.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Garou 2 source code was lost, per an interview with one of the devs a few years back. Game would need to be remade from scratch regardless of how it would be released.

Not that I want them to do it or anything (it would be a disaster unless the original team did it) but I'd imagine it was basically the same source as the first Garou seeing as they were not that far into production

Fygee

20 Year Member
Not that I want them to do it or anything (it would be a disaster unless the original team did it) but I'd imagine it was basically the same source as the first Garou seeing as they were not that far into production

Possible, and probably likely. There was a decent amount of sprite work done for the new characters though.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Possible, and probably likely. There was a decent amount of sprite work done for the new characters though.

The new characters looked great for sure. Its a shame we only have one frame of each of them. Perhaps we will see more in the future

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
They should do a 500 limited run, 250 for AES, and 250 for MVS. The Aes batch will likely sell out in hours, MVS within days. They might not profit immensely but they would really please the fanbase imo.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
They should do a 500 limited run, 250 for AES, and 250 for MVS. The Aes batch will likely sell out in hours, MVS within days. They might not profit immensely but they would really please the fanbase imo.

No one is in business to make people happy. It's to make money. Why does no one understand this?

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
No one is in business to make people happy. It's to make money. Why does no one understand this?

Its good for business in general to make people happy. How many advertisements for business do you see with sad, miserable people in them?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Its good for business in general to make people happy. How many advertisements for business do you see with sad, miserable people in them?

Propaganda... Sorry, 'marketing' does wonders! Also money, anything to get you to spend money.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

Why don't you tell the people that had issues with analogue and were told to kick rocks? Chris Taber only cares about money, gives zero fucks about who is buying or whether they are happy.