League Bowling anyone?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
What's the most strikes you've gotten in a row? I got 5 just the other day.

Highest score? 216 for me.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I never got a perfect game, but I did get upwards of 250 one time, although I can't remember the exact score. I used to play the $hyt3 outta that game. :buttrock:

The only reason I don't play it that much now is because I don't have it on MVS, and my AES isn't hooked up. :(

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
211 with six strikes in a game but spread across two turkeys. Only missed one pin (seventh or eighth frame, I believe.)
Just put it in my cab for the first time last week, so I haven't had that much time to muck around in it.
I think Chris1 has had a perfect game - I'm gunning for that!
Chances of that happening any time soon, though? Not bloody likely. :lol:
In the meantime, I think I'll settle for going after 250.

Fun game, though. Have liked it for a long, long time.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I have scored in the 240's before. Five strikes in a row is the most I have ever got.

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
my mom got a perfect game once, then i threw her down the stairs.

just kidding, she only got a 110.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
League Bowling perfect game..
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93761&highlight=League+Bowling

I've did it a few times ..My 300 Score is still listed in the Big Red...Well a LB cart is always in that cab.

In my Big Red...Perfect GAME...300 DAA
PErfect2.jpg

Linked Mvs League Bowling
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94575&highlight=League+Bowling

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
Chris1, how long into the game did you start thinking you had a chance?
I change my games too often for high scores to mean anything. :D
I generally just write them down on notebook I keep near the cab.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
GoSpits said:
Chris1, how long into the game did you start thinking you had a chance?
I change my games too often for high scores to mean anything. :D
I generally just write them down on notebook I keep near the cab.

Never..most of the time I'll get like 6-8 strikes,throw the ball in the same spot and get a 7 or 10 pin stay up..then that perfect game is not possible...I just then go for whatever.

When I auctually sit and try to focus hard on throwing a 300 I can't do it..
It's when I'm just leisurely playing unfocused that I can do it as long as I throw that ball the same way and try.

I've thrown a 300 game three or four times now....

The last time I threw a 300 the cab was set on level 4 ..(default)..I was not really focused..I had something on my mind and was sort of zoned out..
But I was still playing the game the same way I always do ..I stop the direction indicator slightly to the left of the center and use 3 quarter power..15 pd ball.(sitting on a stool)..

Times before that I had the game set on level 1 and 2..for those 300 games.

Level 4 is much harder then level 1 and 2...try it set on level 1..the indicators are slower...then progress from there.

NOTE: I set all the timers on the highest..it gives you more time to get the perfect throw.

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
chris1 said:
Never..most of the time I'll get like 6-8 strikes,throw the ball in the same spot and get a 7 or 10 pin stay up..then that perfect game is not possible...I just then go for whatever.

When I auctually sit and try to focus hard on throwing a 300 I can't do it..
It's when I'm just leisurely playing unfocused that I can do it as long as I throw that ball the same way and try.

I've thrown a 300 game three or four times now....

The last time I threw a 300 the cab was set on level 4 ..(default)..I was not really focused..I had something on my mind and was sort of zoned out..
But I was still playing the game the same way I always do ..I stop the direction indicator slightly to the left of the center and use 3 quarter power..15 pd ball.(sitting on a stool)..

Times before that I had the game set on level 1 and 2..for those 300 games.

Level 4 is much harder then level 1 and 2...try it set on level 1..the indicators are slower...then progress from there.

NOTE: I set all the timers on the highest..it gives you more time to get the perfect throw.

15-pounder too, eh? I usually use the girly-man eight-pound ball. Anything above 10 and I can't get it to curve.
I noticed the three-quarter power success during my 211 game, but I had way too many spares. I'll try aiming to the side of the accuracy metre, as I was pretty good at hitting the middle. Unfortunately, three-quarter to full power straight down the middle almost always results in a spare.
Thanks for the tips. I'll give them a try tomorrow.