What is special about CTHD and KOF 2004 hacks? *for people who have the game/s*

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
I'm not sure if this is the right board, but I just got both of these MVS Carts, and I can't for the life of me figure out what was worth hacking into it.

I see NOTHING different in CTHD, nothing Hyper or special in it.

KOF 2004, if you press Start Button, you shrink. Yay.

What's changed Gameplay wise???

Damnit, I was really thinking it would be a Hyper Rainbow edition of a KOF, with Aire Special Moves and hyper things, but there's nothing here. :crying:

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Nothing different in CTHD?
Well first of all look at all the visual color differences. Most attacks cause either a fire or ice effect on the enemy even if the attack did nothing before. If you think this looks the same as 2k1 there is something very wrong...

Gamplay wise
The power guage can go up to like 6 or something instead of 4 max. There is no cap placed on the power guage if you pick different characters (ie if you pick 4 chars, no strikers, you can still build the guage up to 6 instead of the normal 1)

Some characters got their moves changed. Try Iori's qcf+P and Kyos qcf+C, hcb+C, f+C

The guage builds rediculously fast for most moves.

As for the 2004 hack I think the only difference is that they made the unplayable chars selectable (maki, adel, mukai).

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
firebomber said:
Nothing different in CTHD?
Well first of all look at all the visual color differences. Most attacks cause either a fire or ice effect on the enemy even if the attack did nothing before. If you think this looks the same as 2k1 there is something very wrong...

Gamplay wise
The power guage can go up to like 6 or something instead of 4 max. There is no cap placed on the power guage if you pick different characters (ie if you pick 4 chars, no strikers, you can still build the guage up to 6 instead of the normal 1)

Some characters got their moves changed. Try Iori's qcf+P and Kyos qcf+C, hcb+C, f+C

The guage builds rediculously fast for most moves.

As for the 2004 hack I think the only difference is that they made the unplayable chars selectable (maki, adel, mukai).

Ah, my bad perhaps.

I popped in CTHD, expecting some extreme gameplay, and I was so let down that I couldn't do something over the top, I just turned it off..

I don't remember getting different hit effects for moves, though.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Basically anyone with a fireball had the hit effect changed around a little. It's fun to check out for kicks, but the game gets old real fast.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
CTHD has also backgrounds from other games such as Street Fighter Zero 2, and the final boss is a giant energy ball that fights you in space.

Regarding gameplay, it has changed, a lot... just try Iori's yamibarai (qcf+P)

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
Guys, most discussions on this turn into a bashing of the titles. Understandable, it seems, due to what they essentially are.
Since you all have them, or at least have played them, do they have any redeeming or worthwhile features at all?
I would pick them up and play with friends for a laugh or something just different, but if what DARK ANDY says is true, maybe it's best to stay away?

Richard & Judy

NEST Puppet
One day some one will make a "real" kof hack that actually just uses the engine of a kof game all the rest is new,... One day...