svc chaos snk vs. capcom

$hockwave

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
okay i am debating on getting this game but i have a jap ps2 and an xbox so i am trying to decide on which version to get where.

so which one is better i know the graffics would look cleaner on my xbox but i do not like the controller for 2d fighters the d-pad is just too stiff and hard to perform moves but also has xbox live

where the ps2 version has a better controller but no xbox live

so which one is better with the gameplay for those that have the 2 but would like.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I don't like CVS2. I don't really enjoy it at all, which sucks because it was one of the two games I bought PS2 for in the first place. But I have to admit it plays better than SVC. It's more solid and has more variety. But whenever I play, the music makes me want to get in my car and drive on the sidewalk down Main Street. Overall though, it is the better game of the two.

Of course, now that I re-read the topic title, I realize you weren't asking that. Fuck.

As for which system you should buy the game for...if you have an X-Box and you have Live, I think that is what you should do. I just bought it for X-Box myself, and I don't even have one yet. You shouldn't decide based on the stock controller because you should buy a stick (or a PS2 to X-Box converter) anyway. If you can't afford it now for whatever reason, be patient and save for it. I'd barely use an X-Box controller to set the time, much less for a fighting game. I tried it once on a fighter, and after only one game, my hand felt like I'd just played Killer Instinct on SNES for 10 hours straight. Never again.

Freelancer

Banned
You'd be better off buying the MVS or AES version.
Something about the home ports of SVC just feels different. I can't quite figure out what it is, but something's not right.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
well, I have the MVS, Xbox and PS2 versions...if you have Xbox Live and a badass connection to avoid the shitty lag, get the Xbox version. But personally, I like the PS2 port better, no cheese voice feels closer to the original. MVS obviously being the best of the 3

G-Product

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I got it for X-BOX, and I own a stick. I got a PS2 controller converter for my box. And I use my SVC CHAOS stick. So first off buy a fuckin' stick! The lag can be real bad on some controlelr inputs, like inputting a Raging Demon for Akuma cant be too slow nor too fast. The lag can be horrible on Live gameplay but there's quite a few good on-line players.

Freelancer

Banned
G-Product said:
I got it for X-BOX, and I own a stick. I got a PS2 controller converter for my box. And I use my SVC CHAOS stick. So first off buy a fuckin' stick! The lag can be real bad on some controlelr inputs, like inputting a Raging Demon for Akuma cant be too slow nor too fast. The lag can be horrible on Live gameplay but there's quite a few good on-line players.

Already have a stick.
Still seems "off" a bit either way.

$hockwave

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
i've been playing the demo of it at my job and is seems at lot more fluid than cvs2 imo. i do also want to get for my 4-slot cab but also want somthing to play with my friends outside of my cab because i do not get to play my cab much as i have no room at my crib.

but it looks like i am going with the xbox version since i have read that it is not coming out or ps2 in the us and no online play for ps2 and the cost for me to get on xbox in the us is still alot cheaper than the import ps2 version.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I'd say go for the X-Box version. I like it for LIVE and because the pad is better then the PS2 version.