King Of Fighters re-release

G-Product

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I hear they are rereleasing each KOF for PS2/X-Box? I hope these games will have training modes plus when does Re-Bout drop?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
So far I think they are only announced for PS2, not X-Box. And so far, I think only Japan PS2. But we can hope.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
and they will be online.

KOF 95-96-97 will be bundled together.

KOF 98-99-00 will bundled together.

also:

Last Blade 1 and 2 will be bundled together

and Mark of the Wolves will be ported too (as a single game).

all will be online on PS2. expect a US X Box release, but not anytime soon. the KOF 2002-2003 bundle, which was annouced a long time before the PS2 ports bundles, won't be released untill next year.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
k'_127 said:

I thought KOF were getting released as 00/01 and 02/03. 00/01 is released here in a week (or 3 depending on which website has the correct release date) in the UK along side the release of Metal Slug 3. It would seem a bit lame to release 00/01 then release 99/99/00 forcing us to buy 00 again.

Last edited:

Stitch Faced Angel

Quiz Detective
Yeah

k'_127: I noticed that. I had heard about the Xbox release before the PS2 release. Anyone know the reason that it is going to take so long, even though it is the same game? Does setting up the KOF severs for Xbox live have anything to do with it?

I know that I am happy about the bundles. I grew up near an arcade that had an MVS machine. I played all the KOF up to 99, but I moved, and I have seen maybe 2 MVS units since then. Buying an MVS, which I would prefer, would be a pain since I move alot thanks to the military. These Bundles give me a chance to play all of them, and helps my moving. I will own an MVS after we get out of the Army, but till then, ports it is. That said, they NEED to do a SamSho Bundle... :drool_2:

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Mawdsley said:
I thought KOF were getting released as 00/01 and 02/03. 00/01 is released here in a week (or 3 depending on which website has the correct release date) in the UK along side the release of Metal Slug 3. It would seem a bit lame to release 00/01 then release 99/99/00 forcing us to buy 00 again.

00/01 and 02/03 are being released as they are in those bundles. But they evidently feel the need to re-re-release 00.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
KagerouSama said:
00/01 and 02/03 are being released as they are in those bundles. But they evidently feel the need to re-re-release 00.

Whens 00/01 out in the US? Do we in the UK have it before you guys?

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Mawdsley said:
Whens 00/01 out in the US? Do we in the UK have it before you guys?

I've had 00/01 for several months now. Warning, the 2k1 intro is god-awful.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
in Japan, they released 2000 and 2001 separately. Sony demanded that these two games get bundled in the US, and so did SNKP. then they released 2002 and soon they will release 2003 in Japan. agian, Sony demands that these 2 games get bundled in order to be released in US.

up till now, only the KOF 2002/2003 bundle annouced for XBox, and it's the only version that will have online features. all the previous PS2 KOFs (including 2003) don't/won't have online feature.

after all these ports, SNKP annouced in TGS that it will port all the games I mentioned earlier (KOFs, Last Blades and MotW). all these can be played online, and appearantly will get a US release (since they got bundled). XBox ports are also likely to come eventually.

dunno about you guys in Europe, but it seems you will recieve the same US treatment with bundles. and btw, the porting job will be done by a different company (forgot the name), not playmore.

Last edited:

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
k'_127 said:
dunno about you guys in Europe, but it seems you will recieve the same US treatment with bundles. and btw, the porting job will be done by a different company (forgot the name), not playmore.
In europe its done by Ignition Entertainment. They seem pretty cool. The press release saying they will not censor any future snk release did alot for there credability.

With the 00/01 bundle? Is this out on the Xbox in US? Is it live? I think its out on PS2 but not sure about xbox.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Mawdsley said:
In europe its done by Ignition Entertainment. They seem pretty cool. The press release saying they will not censor any future snk release did alot for there credability.

With the 00/01 bundle? Is this out on the Xbox in US? Is it live? I think its out on PS2 but not sure about xbox.

No XBox KOFs as of yet.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Mawdsley said:

nope. as I said, only the KOF2002/2003 has been annouced for XBox. and that won't come untill 2005 :(. (but it will feature XBox Live. the PS2 version won't have online feature)

Dazz_Kyo

Goal! Goal! Goal!
k'_127 said:
and they will be online.

also:

Last Blade 1 and 2 will be bundled together

and Mark of the Wolves will be ported too (as a single game).

all will be online on PS2. expect a US X Box release, but not anytime soon. the KOF 2002-2003 bundle, which was annouced a long time before the PS2 ports bundles, won't be released untill next year.

Why oh why, let LAst Blade 2 and MOTW stay on the DC and Geo systems. Damn i am stating to hate Playmore.