Metal Slug X 1st stage high scores

daybona

Juz,
There was an old thread about this but search is being screwy so I'm starting a new one.

Here is my score:

Difficulty: MVS
Console: Jap AES
Credits: 1
Score: 950,090

As I understand, it IS possible to get one million points on the first stage although it seems score is somewhat variable as the game gives you different bonus items each time.

What are the rest of you scoring, and if you are able to get 1 million how'd you do it?

Thanks!

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Heres a pic of my highest documented score. Have broken a million twice though.

The trick is to get the coins from the broken building instead of apples/bananas.

Picture257.jpg

daybona

Juz,
What difficulty do you play on?

My guess is that if you up the difficulty, things will take more hits to kill, thus your score goes up.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Default.

And you are right, up the difficulty and you can get more points for extra hits.

You are using the knife to the full potential right?

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
My best is around 1,008,000 points, and I almost always hit a million.

You know the place with a wall & a camel. Run the camel against the wall instead of destroying it with your gun, this will give much more points. Thats what got me over the million anyway :) .

daybona

Juz,
Yes, I knife just about everything, but I am still trying to break the instinct of duck and shoot, so I inevitably end up shooting some people that I could be knifing.

Duster

There was an old thread about this but search is being screwy so I'm starting a new one.

Here is my score:

Difficulty: MVS
Console: Jap AES
Credits: 1
Score: 950,090

As I understand, it IS possible to get one million points on the first stage although it seems score is somewhat variable as the game gives you different bonus items each time.

What are the rest of you scoring, and if you are able to get 1 million how'd you do it?

Thanks!

I'm sorry for the delay, but today I beat your record;)

index.png

Duster

Minimum score with the worst RNG is 1,015,230 on level-4.

Yea is true but you can do even better, it is very difficult in a single run, personally this record I have improved but over 9.8 million I can not go, on youtube I found this video where however it is done with emulator with savestate tricks

Video:

Screen:
index.png