Question

SilverAngel

Member,
Hi,

Yeah I am a bit confused here nowadays it seems that Ryo is classed as the tiger when I am sure Robert was first known as the raging tiger. What is going on? Can someone please fill me in I am very confuzzled? Sorry if this has already been said before :)

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Ryo is nown as the invinceable dragon.
Robert is the unbeatable tiger.

But there qcf moves are the opposite, i think ryo's is the tiger flames punch & roberts is the dragon blast punch, something like that.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Actually I just think SNK fucked-up the thing with AOF3.

Till that one, Ryo was the tiger (hence his Ko'ouken) and Robert the dragon (hence his Ryuugekiken). Than with the third installement of the series, they seemingly exchanged their position.

Oh, that's just like SNK I guess.

BTW, it's nice to see you're still around, SilverAngel. :)

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
actually Shito, I'm afraid SNK's mix-up goes further back than AOF3...

I remember Ryo=Dragon/Robert=Tiger still being done in the manual to my KOF 95 for NEOCD...this is still one of the most frustrating things that I wish SNK had cleared up
:loco:

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Kazuki Dash said:

I remember Ryo=Dragon/Robert=Tiger still being done in the manual to my KOF 95 for NEOCD...this is still one of the most frustrating things that I wish SNK had cleared up

You think that's bad? Check out what happened to the Kyokugenryu fighting team's names (As well as the Ikari team, and a few others) on Sony's KOF95 page: Link
Lots of people labled with the wrong name all together...now that's confusing.

Last edited:

SilverAngel

Member,
HI Shito I am not going anywhere :) Ill always be here even when im old and senile lol!!!

Why did they mix them up? Whats the point? In kof max impact ryo has tigers all over him on one of his outfits but COMEON!!!!! He is the DRAGON he always will be to me anyway.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
SilverAngel said:
Why did they mix them up? Whats the point? In kof max impact ryo has tigers all over him on one of his outfits but COMEON!!!!! He is the DRAGON he always will be to me anyway.

Again, Ryo's always been the tiger. He was pseudo-labelled as 'the dragon' just in AOF3. :)

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
As if that wasn't bad enough, Ryo even uses the Tiger stance. It's strange that this confusion has gone on as long as it has...

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Kazuki Dash said:

If you mean the US manual, that simply doesn't count, you know. :)

amittttp

n00b
Ryo as dragon

In aof 3 ryo is shown as invincible dragon and in the other he is shown as indimenishible dragon. Robert has always been shown as tiger.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Shito said:
If you mean the US manual, that simply doesn't count, you know. :)

touche :p

although it's still pretty silly to give all Ryo's moves Tiger attributes (Kohken, Koho, etc) but then name him the Dragon and do the reverse to Robert...

SilverAngel

Member,
Ok so mixed up dragon and tiger, kinda make your own decision on which you think is right lol :tickled: Now for Terry is it Hungry wolf or Legendary wolf? :loco: I have heard both or is it both and he is just greedy lol

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
SilverAngel said:
Ok so mixed up dragon and tiger, kinda make your own decision on which you think is right lol :tickled: Now for Terry is it Hungry wolf or Legendary wolf? :loco: I have heard both or is it both and he is just greedy lol
The "Garou" in "Garou Densetsu" means "hungry wolf".

lone_REBEL

Armored Scrum Object
The technical stuff!

Hmmf so thats your puzzle. Let me answer.

If the dragon punch is done with hands and the shivering attack (f,b,d p/k) is also done with the hands then the martial artist will be of dragon style. Hence the f,d,df A/C is known as DRAGON punch not tiger punch. Now in AOF1 both Ryo and Robert had dragon punch and there was only one way that Robert could be classified as tiger (his f,b,f +K). The same carries on to AOF2 where Rebert gets another tiger move (qcb +K in air). In AOF3 he has another tiger move (d+K at end of his combo) and Ryo is the same Dragon. Also in SNK vs CAPCOM chaos when Ryo and Guile are to fight

Guile : I've heard about you legendary tiger.
Ryo : You're mistaken. Its my father. I'm the Dragon.
Guile : I'm sorry but I heard that the ratty one was the dragon. (hence annoying him)
Ryo : And whom are you saying "ratty"?

Also we see that Robert is the student of Takuma who is a tiger (he has a peculiar tiger counter qcb, A/C) but we see nowhere that Ryo is the student of his father (although he learnt SOME of his techniques from his dad but only 2 or 3)

And also we see that the Kensei kicks (HCB K for Robert, db, f+k for Tak) of Robert and Takuma are resembling and Ryo has very different from them both.

By the way the style of Ryo is Hidden Dragon and Robert is Crouching Tiger.

I hope the problem is solved now ...

S

Simbob4000

In SvC when you have Ryu fight Ryo. Ryu saids something like "The might Tiger."
after that Ryos saids "No thats my father I'm the Dragon"

as for terry I don't think he calls hims himself legendary wolf, It's always other fighter that call him that