Lots of KOF questions by a newb

REIJI

n00b
1. In NEOWAVE did SNKPLAYMORE use previous sprites for the secret charecters Ramon, Vanessa, Kim? I guess I just want to know if they got a new look since ive seen no pics of them in NEOWAVE.

2. I heard that IKARI WARRIORS 3 is Heidern's first appearence yet ive also heard its P.O.W. instead.
Whats the truth?

I have heard that the USA sports team were inspired by classic SNK sports game. I think the football game that Brian came from was FOOTBALL FRENZY. I dont know about the other two. Does someone know? Where are they from? Is my info on Brian correct?

3. A lot of time seems to have past between KOF2K1 and KOF 2K3 cause Terry is his older MOTW self and then theirs Gato and Griffon. So where does this game take place? Is 2K3 a KOF universe seperate from its prequels? I dont understand it at all.

4. The following questions are solely about KOF EX2 howling blood

a. Does it count as part of official KOF continuity or is it like the first EX, that its merely based on a manga?

b. Who is the little girl in REIJI's official art? Why does she look like a chibi-Chizuru? What his relation to the child? What relation does the child have to any other charecter?

c. What does SINOBU POWERED look like? Same as regular SINOBU? Where can I go to see in-game sprites of him?

d. Who developed this game? GAMEFAQS and GAMESPOT disagree.

5. Which charecters are playable in the Gameboy version of KOF 97?

6. Is the N-GAGE KOF a port of KOF EX and how good a port is it?

7. where can I go see in-game sprites or official artwork of NEOWAVE Geese?

8. Where can I go see animated sprite rips of MUKAI of 2K3?

9. Any pics of MOBILE KOF available yet?

A

ArCgon

Hi.
REIJI said:
I have heard that the USA sports team were inspired by classic SNK sports game. I think the football game that Brian came from was FOOTBALL FRENZY. I dont know about the other two. Does someone know? Where are they from? Is my info on Brian correct?
Lucky is from Street Hoop/Street Slam.
c. What does SINOBU POWERED look like? Same as regular SINOBU? Where can I go to see in-game sprites of him?
Sinobu powered (sometimes called as Sinobu Mad in KOF EX2) is this "yellow" version of him, which you fight at the end of game.
5. Which charecters are playable in the Gameboy version of KOF 97?
Huh? I far as I know there was only 95 & 96 versions of KOF for GB/GBC.
6. Is the N-GAGE KOF a port of KOF EX and how good a port is it?
KOF for N-Gage got nothing to do with KOF EX for GBA (and thats good ;) )

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
REIJI said:
1. In NEOWAVE did SNKPLAYMORE use previous sprites for the secret charecters Ramon, Vanessa, Kim? I guess I just want to know if they got a new look since ive seen no pics of them in NEOWAVE.

Nope, all NeoWave sprites are PURELY ripped-off from KOF2002. Even Athena.

3. A lot of time seems to have past between KOF2K1 and KOF 2K3 cause Terry is his older MOTW self and then theirs Gato and Griffon. So where does this game take place? Is 2K3 a KOF universe seperate from its prequels? I dont understand it at all.

The KOF storyline is just all fucked-up as for continuity. That's basically because KOF was not supposed to become THAT storyline-centered. You would know all the 'Sakazaki case' occurs while Geese is still quite younger than in FF1. Basically, Ryo, Robert etc should be all way older than the Bogards, etc.

As for Garou slowly slipping into KOF storyline, we saw a young Rock since KOF2001 (yet Geese is said to be still alive in KOF2003), thus is just things slowly mixing-up.

REIJI

n00b
to ARCGONE: The Gameboy KOF 97 is actually a hack so its just a ROM. Its listed at Gamefaqs as just 'KING OF FIGHTERS'.

To SHITO: Are you sure? Youve seen pics of them? Or saw someone play those japanese arcade only charecters? Is there a video to download to see them for myself?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
REIJI said:
To SHITO: Are you sure? Youve seen pics of them? Or saw someone play those japanese arcade only charecters? Is there a video to download to see them for myself?

The game's out since quite a bit now, and anyway that's being totally clear even since the very first screenshots.

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
a. Does it count as part of official KOF continuity or is it like the first EX, that its merely based on a manga?
It's just a "port" of KOF2000; it has its own separate story that has nothing to do with the overall continuity of the KOF series of games.

d. Who developed this game? GAMEFAQS and GAMESPOT disagree.
Marvelous Entertainment developed the game under the supervision of Brezzasoft. That's probably the main reason why it turned out significantly better than the first EX game.

As far as all of your sprite rip questions go, why not just Google around for it?

REIJI

n00b
thank you everybody for your replies! :)

please everyone, help me figure out the other mysteries!