NeoGeo Programming Library by Jeff Kurtz

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I dont know but this is a big deal. Neo Geo Homebrew scene may show some life now with this tool being released.

Thanks for the info.

It makes me wish I knew anything about programming. But I think this is very exciting. Though I do not posess the tools to run a homebrew game..

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
This sounds cool. I hope that Neo fans with a knowledge of programing use this to make their own cool games for the Neo. I think that would be great. Sure a lot of the games might be rip-offs of others or just not very good, but you would like to think that some of the NEO-GEO fans would have a good idea of how to make a cool game. I'm interested to see what happens.

larsoncc

n00b
I'd be curious to see if someone could port one or more game engines to the Neo. Specifically, I've been very impressed with the Beats of Rage engine (ported to the Dreamcast among others).

barf

Maxima's Barber
If you plan working on CD it should be easy to port anything SDL-based.

If you plan working on Carts then you will have to do more low-level programming since the cart target of the SDK doesn t support malloc and such (so you will have to code them).

Mr.Pac

n00b
PinkPeach said:
If you plan working on CD it should be easy to port anything SDL-based.

If you plan working on Carts then you will have to do more low-level programming since the cart target of the SDK doesn t support malloc and such (so you will have to code them).

By the way, you can use some libc which are specially designed for embedded systems. I ported the newlib to neogeo for myself and it works quite well :-)