Dedicated arcade sales market.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
how about a forum specifically for trading zelda dolls?

DewmanSNK

Formerly NeoGeeO, , Collaborator
10 Year Member
Disagree. Forums are bloated enough as it is. The site doesn't see that much daily traffic in that section to warrant another seperate forum because it bothers you to skim past a Zelda ad.

I disagree. If you look at the number of people viewing, the everything else section is one of the more popular. Why is that? Maybe because people are spending so much time sorting through zelda dolls to find the buried street fighter gems?

I dont want Boogy Bear's thread to get derailed - I am with the idea of an 'Arcade' section in the market :vik:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I'm with Wes on this one, we've got enough sub-forums as it is.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Disagree. Forums are bloated enough as it is. The site doesn't see that much daily traffic in that section to warrant another seperate forum because it bothers you to skim past a Zelda ad.
There's just too much miscellaneous crap to dog through that it becomes a chore to find anything arcade related. Now, I understand that we don't want a bloated out of proportion forum here, but in truth the "everything else market" is just filled with so much shenanigans that is not even funny. Every other newcomer wants to unload their unwanted Genesis, SNES, NES and PSX games that nobody wants anymore, and to make matters worst they do not edit their thread titles properly, plus some scumbags out there have the audacity to say they are selling PCB's while they clearely aren't.

I'm not sure if you have any sort of arcade hardware at all, but I would imagine that if you did you wouldn't disagree at all. The Neo Geo as you know is pretty much an arcade oriented hardware/software, so I think it would only make sense to have an arcade related sales forum, just 'cause most of us here that actually own Neo like to have other arcade related stuff as well. When there was a poll for this the vote for yes reached over 120 and the ones who voted no were only spamming and what have you. Out of all the people that have said no or find the need to spam the thread you are actually the only one who has presented some solid opinion, however I can't agree with it, 'cause as most of us I like to stick here and do my purchases here, I'm not one of the "PCB Hunters" or anything, I just go in here look around and get a thing or two.

With that in mind, I just lost the chance of getting PCB 'cause it was buried under all kinds of retarded sales that have nothing but bumps and zero buyers and unfortunately the PCB ended in the hands of some goon. Yeah you may say that I would like an arcade related sales forum for personal gain, but damn at least 25% of this place thinks the same way, so it could only prove beneficial for all of us.

I care very little about consoles now days, I pretty much have what I need and I'm not looking for anything else, but i would understand if some one would rather have a forum of the same sort 'cause some of the sale items in everything else are completely ridiculous, not long ago some fuckwad was selling some tickets for a sprot event...WTF?! For some reason some folks here think they can unload just about whatever comes to mind.

I think we need this and we also need stronger rules. Hell!We have mods that find the time to do all kinds of shenanigans for trivial crap that nobody gives a shit about, so why not have our own arcade sales forum with a some extrict rules, like not allowing ebay whores and the like to come here to make unfair profits on the naive. MOst of us here love the Neo, I say we should provide some sort of service for those that want to keep the arcade hobby alive whitout annoyance provided by unmoral sellers, spamming fools and unloading newcomers.

One or two more sections to the sales market is not gonna alter the course of NG.com. People here have the time to make dumb, funny, serious, and ridiculous threads, so why not put that same energy into something that can actually further our love for what actually started this place to start with?

Aside from all the drama that goes here, I'm here for the games above all. I'm truly not interested on who's voting for who, or what is everyone's favorite tune, I'm here for the Neo and arcade in general, but yes is nice sharing all kinds of shenanigans, just let us have that small piece of nothing and we'll be all set, how seriously bad can it be? and if others want to say; "oh well, you gave them fuckers and arcade sales forum, why can't we have a 16 bit sales forum?" then we should apply all them wacky laws that work in here in the weirdest of ways. Fuck everyone else and their stupid sales threads, we just want an arcade sales forum that's all!

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
But why would an arcade section be needed when the volume of listings in the everything else section is so small? It's not like you are going to have a magically organized arcade section either. As you cascade downward from marquee sales, to pcb sales, to monitor sales, to button and joystick sales, to complete cabs; one has to ask would a dedicated arcade forum make life any easier, or would it just be the exact same shit that you are complaining about (just with holes punched into the inlays.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It has the biggest voulme after unrelated topics, so I don't see where you're going with this or perhaps I'm missunderstanding. Is not gonna be magically organized of course, but most folks that have arcade stuff, always find nicks and nacks they might be interested in so I would think that everyone in it would inmensely benefit from it as the flow of it would be more constrict and I'll assure you, you will see a stedy stream of exchange in it.

I dunno who you are at all, but for what I see most folks that want to argue this point or simply divert the course of the thread have nothing arcade related so I cannot blame them for not understanding the need for an arcade sales market. I would try and listen if anyone has anything valid to say that would prove this need wrong, but so far you are wrong about the volume and fail to realize that anything arcade related is always of interest for one or another arcade enthusiast, so I'm only assuming that you are not one of us, but only on the notion that your argument is not well founded.

Koopa64

Sieger's Squire
But why would an arcade section be needed when the volume of listings in the everything else section is so small? It's not like you are going to have a magically organized arcade section either. As you cascade downward from marquee sales, to pcb sales, to monitor sales, to button and joystick sales, to complete cabs; one has to ask would a dedicated arcade forum make life any easier, or would it just be the exact same shit that you are complaining about (just with holes punched into the inlays.

That's a really poor excuse. Most of the arcade threads in Everything Else mostly consist of PCBs and the occasional cab or repair parts. If there was an Arcade Selling forum, it would just be way more convenient, no more having to wade through piles of console threads in order to find some ST-V cartridges or JAMMA PCBs.

Seriously, how is it you guys lump arcade and console stuff into the same forum? Is it because they aren't made by SNK? Or don't have the NEO-GEO logo? NEO-GEO is arcade hardware, first and foremost. The majority of the users here own several different cabs and guess what, they aren't all SNK related. Items of the home consumer market (Consoles and handhelds) should be in their own forum and Arcade stuff should either have it's own forum or a sub-forum.

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
If the forums are bloated, why not make some of the lesser used forums Sub-Forums like the Boot/NoBoot one? Move the Neo Gatherings board into the General, hell, even the News and Rumors could be under General. I'm all for an arcade dedicated forum.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Two things; One, let's keep the Gatherings forum, is hard enough already to get together as it is, gathering threads could get buried. I think Boot no Boot should be a very good goat to sacrifice for the cause. Two, don't listen to dubs he just wants to hurt me :(...ruffles!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
We should seriously kill some of the international forums. Some of them have barely any new posts in them from the past 6 months. Dead weight basically.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
We should seriously kill some of the international forums. Some of them have barely any new posts in them from the past 6 months. Dead weight basically.

i'm not a big fan of them either.
and to tell you the truth.
whenever i check everything else, i typically look for pcb or jamma in the description.
usually there's only 6-8 threads at the very most on one page.
I really don't care either way, but I'm not sure there's that much traffic for it.

Last edited:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
We should seriously kill some of the international forums.

I agree and start with the Finnish sub-forum. Hell, 90% of the post there are in English. Why does that one country get it's own forum ?

Give Texas it's own sub-forum and of course, give it the right to succeed and become it's own forum.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Hell, even the spanish forum is dead, all is there are my bad jokes and ramblings, I only post there for the sake of making use of it nothing more. Kill it! An arcade sales market would see more traffic than the one present in these international forums, I say keep the Italian 'cause them suckers are always talking about SNK stuff, other than that perhaps the french and the multilingual, and of course we have to keep the football room just because. I think we can do without the others just fine.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Have to admit that the dutch forum is dead to,might as well get rid of it.(special thanks to bobak,for tryin to save it)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I can honestly say that having an arcade sales market would be awsome, like Rarehero says he only sees 5 per page...well that's 'cause they get buried by tons of NES Star Tropics for sale bumping. SO an item that is well sought after gets buried 'cause Ned Flanders decided to bump his 4 dollar cart so he can go and buy the lates RPG for his damn DS. With all the crap going on in here I don't understand why is it so damn difficult to understand this suggestion nor do I see why some folks feel the need to even imply that is useless given that they do not share the same interest that an arcade enthusiast has.

I defenately would like a substantial explanation as to why this hasn't been done yet, you better believe I'm entitled to that much!

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
There's tons of needless sections of the forums. However, the international section is a bit trivial because you can minimize that section. Out of sight, out of mind. There's still no need to have a PCB selling section. It takes literally a minute to check the first 3-4 pages of the everything else section if you're new here, and you can assume that anything after that has been sold or the seller isn't interested in selling it anymore (or else they would've bumped it). If you're regular then you're coming here once a day, and it's definitely easy enough to skim the first page because that's all the traffic that section gets. On page 2 is all the shit you saw the day before. It really is needless.

If we're going to talk about axing certain forums, I say do in with the feedback forum. It's redundant with trader ratings. It really doesn't make any sense to me why that forum exists, but since it does then it stands to reason that mods would put in another pointless section such as the pcb one suggested here, so don't let my reasoning get you down.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
There's tons of needless sections of the forums. However, the international section is a bit trivial because you can minimize that section. Out of sight, out of mind. There's still no need to have a PCB selling section. It takes literally a minute to check the first 3-4 pages of the everything else section if you're new here, and you can assume that anything after that has been sold or the seller isn't interested in selling it anymore (or else they would've bumped it). If you're regular then you're coming here once a day, and it's definitely easy enough to skim the first page because that's all the traffic that section gets. On page 2 is all the shit you saw the day before. It really is needless.

If we're going to talk about axing certain forums, I say do in with the feedback forum. It's redundant with trader ratings. It really doesn't make any sense to me why that forum exists, but since it does then it stands to reason that mods would put in another pointless section such as the pcb one suggested here, so don't let my reasoning get you down.

The feedback forum is definitely not redundant with trader ratings, and should stay. Trader ratings are only short sentences and do not let you know the details of a transaction. Furthermore, the feedback forum allows both sides to present their stories in the case of a dispute, so that all the facts are open.

Lastly, the best advantage to the feedback forum is that it quickly brings a scammer's scam to everyone's attention. Even if you leave someone a negative trader rating, most people won't see it unless they happen to specifically look for it.

The fact that there is currently no easy way to click on a member's trader rating from his user profile doesn't help. Unless you can find a specific post or thread that a member has made in the market forums, there is no easy way to even find, much less see, his trader rating.

Don't get me wrong. I am all for keeping trader ratings, but they don't undo the need for a feedback forum.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
We should definitely consider replacing the Spanish forum with a Dutch forum. The Spanish room generates zero traffic.

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
The fact that there is currently no easy way to click on a member's trader rating from his user profile doesn't help. Unless you can find a specific post or thread that a member has made in the market forums, there is no easy way to even find, much less see, his trader rating.

Yeah I totally agree. The trader rating number should be on every profile in every board, and there should be a "Leave Feedback for this user" link in their profile as well.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
We should definitely consider replacing the Spanish forum with a Dutch forum. The Spanish room generates zero traffic.

Thanks,but the only one posting in the dutch topic in the multilingual forum is me.
So get rid of spanish,finnish and multilingual and replace them with e-grave's idea.
I have a feeling it will work miracles for the selling threads.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The feedback forum is definitely not redundant with trader ratings, and should stay. Trader ratings are only short sentences and do not let you know the details of a transaction. Furthermore, the feedback forum allows both sides to present their stories in the case of a dispute, so that all the facts are open.

Lastly, the best advantage to the feedback forum is that it quickly brings a scammer's scam to everyone's attention. Even if you leave someone a negative trader rating, most people won't see it unless they happen to specifically look for it.

Don't get me wrong. I am all for keeping trader ratings, but they don't undo the need for a feedback forum.

This is easily fixed with making the trader rating visible on all parts of the forum, and being able (if possible) to make it a percentage instead of just the number of positives. If there is a scam you can always keep that thread active until the dispute is resolved, because like I've said previously in this thread, the sections don't even see a daily page worth of threads anyway so it wouldn't clutter it.

I'll also disagree that a potential scammer coming to the board seeing that section will most likely not stick around to care after they've done the deed. Still, this is being extremely OT, I was just bringing up my opinion about clutter. I'd go into the Hyper section as well, but there would inevitably be people who would come to defend that, so why bother.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
WTF?! Why even make another forum for another language, damn! This is fucking pointless funster boy here has the thought of making another useless forum, but no arcade sales forum...the fucking irony I tell you! Nobody that counts wants to make this happen...:(