KOF 2002 UM (Unlimited Match): 26 February 2009

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof2002um/

They really shuffled some of these teams up, and added in tons more characters, backgrounds.

Chin Gen Sai is MIA, Bao is back in the Psycho Soldier Team.
Takuma is out, Robert is back in AOF Team.
Kasumi Todoh joins King and Mai as the new Female Fighters Team.
Kitty Loaf and Hinako joins May Lee as the Pretty Girls Team.
Jhun, Rin, and Shingo as the Jhun Team? What a strange combo.

Still greyed out are Agent team (presumably Vanessa, Seth, and Ramon);
NESTS team (Probably Kula, Foxy, and Angel)
Master team (Probably Takuma, Chin Gen Sai, and Heidern)
Clone team (Apparently there are more than one Kyo clone in 2002um, but who makes up the 3rd slot?)

New character "Nameless" that joins 2002 UM is basically K'9999, he has a lot of K'9999's moves, but not all of them.

2 stores are hosting demo events:
On 14 February 2009 (Valentine's Day), from 1 to 5 p.m., at Softmap in the Akihabara Amusement Building; http://www.sofmap.com/
and
on 28 February 2009, from 1 to 5 p.m., at Messe Sanoh main store. http://www.messe.gr.jp/tvgame/index.htm

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Krizalid, Zero, Rugal, Unknown...
No Igniz?
If they're going all in for characters from 99-01, why leave out Mister Projectile Spam?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
master team on left and so is igniz

Ah, my bad.

All I gotta say is they put in a lot of effort for this, it's no simple port, they have to put in MAX2 (HSDM) for the new characters, drew new backgrounds, arranged BGM, reinstated some old special moves, also added some new moves from KOFXI PS2 release (Mai for example).

ZiEk

Stakes Winner
Shin character!

Woah very nice artwork, damn i want this game now.

It really looks nice like the rising fenix of Kim.

thanx for the info.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I don't see how Chin can possibly not be in this game. All of the code/sprite work is already there from regular 2002, and he's one of the better characters in the game. I don't like playing Chin most years, but SNKP put enough work into his moves in 2002 that he's a lot of fun that year.

Edit: Clicked link... I see Chin on Master Team. That makes a lot more sense, it would have been a lot of work for SNKP to implement Saisyu. I'd rather see Saisyu than all those Kyo clones though.

Last edited:

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
I can't wait for this to come out on the 26th Feb. I just hope it does'nt get delayed with play-asia. Its good to know that they reinstated some of old special moves in this game. They really have put alot in to it. Thanks for the Info Bok :-)

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
I missed the date posted, so I was pleasantly surprised to find out that 2002 UM is coming out so soon! '98 UM is just AWESOME, and it seems like a lock that this will be the same. I just hope this game makes it to XBLA and/or PSN with online play at some point though. It was nice having '98 UM in arcades back in Japan, but this game doesn't seem to be getting an arcade release. Guess they figure everyone is going to be on XII soon anyway.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
I was bummed not to see K'9999 in UM for whatever legal reasons.. But, I noticed in a youtube video there's a Neo-Geo mode, so I'm thinking it'll be a direct port of 2002. Can anyone confirm if the original game is inlcuded?

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Neat. I assume they'll be giving the previously boss-only characters crouching animations and attacks.

vishema

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Don't get me wrong;

I like Kyo and all, but 4 OF THEM!!! Geez!:loco::lol::angry:

That's just too much Kyo. :shame:

Clessy

Banned
Im really impressed with this. KOF2k2 was a solid gameplay game but everything else sucked. Menus, backgrounds and music all blew hard cock in this game. Now that there fixing this it might be the best kof yet.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
KOF2k2 was a solid gameplay game but everything else sucked. Menus, backgrounds and music all blew hard cock in this game. Now that there fixing this it might be the best kof yet.

I fully agree.